LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » As Per Some Requests here is the Direct Link to Take Action on Lyme Now !!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: As Per Some Requests here is the Direct Link to Take Action on Lyme Now !!!!!!!!!!
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 4 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just press the link...

let yourself be heard by the most important people, the president, congressmen, senators, house of senate, etc...

its quick and easy.

good luck !!!

http://healthcare.change.org/actions/view/lyme_disease_epidemic

thank you all for your time and effort...

[Smile]

[ 18. January 2009, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lyme patients UNITE ... join the cause to sound off to OBAMA'S TRANSITION TEAM in public chosing the top 10 issues his team will attack in first 90 days!!!

opportunity knocks once only; open the door and join us ... WE NEED ALL THE VOTES/COMMENTS WE CAN GET FOLKS.

lou b once posted we have 1,000 AND MORE VISITORS DAILY HERE, why can't we get 1,000 votes/comments on LYME DISEASE sent to OBAMA'S TEAM?

LET'S DO IT FOLKS! rally time!! they decide by TUESDAY; day he's sworn in as president of USA! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THIS ENDED 6 PM TONIGHT, 1-18....

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 5 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty,

You mean the Citizens Book Voting has Ended ?

But to Sign the Petition Letter which ends April 13th 2009 we are still good on.

[Smile]

[ 19. January 2009, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 4 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah,

We made it on the Front Page of Healthcare Actions on Change.gov Web Site !!!!!!!

65 People Joined In and had Sent the Letter as of Now.

Now Lets get more !!!

here is the link...

http://healthcare.change.org/actions

This campaign is targeting your Governor, members of your State Senate, members of your State House, the President of the United States, members of the US Senate and members of the US House of Representatives.

Thank you All.

Best Regards,
Eric

[Smile]

[ 19. January 2009, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eric,

these 2 are so CONFUSING; i'm lost constantly!! [Frown]

would you change your subject title and show the direct link there? that will eliminate the confusion of citizen's book CLOSED YESTERDAY and the one you refer to that we have added ideas!

big thanks! [group hug] [kiss]

uffda; i have started reading thru the 1,074 suggestions sent in; SO MANY REPEATED OVER AND OVER. it's overwhelming!

NOT seen one lyme or similar issue in the 1 hr. i've spent reading so far! [cussing]

Amanda
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused.

If it is closed now, how can we add more comments?

I added my own comments a few days ago. Is there another placw where I should be adding comments?

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 10 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Betty,

How are you ?
You are simply confussing the Citizen's Book which has closed,

(Betty, please Delete your post here about it ending, to avoid confusions)

and this here the Letter to be sent out to Take an Action to the Most Important People on Lyme Disease Epidemic.

It ends April 13th, 2009

the direct link is same as above, in the original thread starter here, which is...

http://healthcare.change.org/actions/view/lyme_disease_epidemic

or you may actually get there right from their Front Cover Page, which is where its at Now.

In the Activism and General sections of this website, I started Threads just for this for All to Join and to send this Letter to their officials and the president.

Its very Easy.

Hope this Helps...

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Eric

[Wink]

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Amanda,

No this is not closed.

It ends April 13th.

You may edit my letter prior to sending if you wish.

Hope this Helps...

Best regards,
Eric

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 14 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymestop,

It is my pleasure, and I thank you dearly for taking the time to do this...

Now we just need for more to Join.

Its Easy and Quick.

Best regards,
Eric

[Smile]

stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks eric555,

I sent the letter!

Anyone can still do this now!!!

The campaign doen't end until Apr 13.

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You to All !!!

This Now is Our Chance to Act Up.

The list keeps growing and now made the Front Cover of Health Care...

Best Regards,
Eric

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
copying the below here from mdjunction.org LYME board.... written by beauty, tawnee, moderator

beauty, did you go to ERIC'S post and then just INSERTED "YOUR" NEW LETTER? this way your reply counted towarded his LYME subject.

beauty, your new letter is outstanding, and as a severe NEURO LYME patient of 39 years, i'm going to break it up so we can read and comprehend it ok.

i'd also like to recommend to members here to click on ERIC'S LYME POST, and then insert beauty's wonderfully, thoughtfully written letter!!

Lyme Disease Pandemic

I am contacting you today because of an urgent and crucial matter: Lyme Disease.

It is pandemic and people are suffering due to poor recognition, uneducated & unwilling medical professionals, unreasonable insurance coverage, inadequate treatment protocols, and ultimately, neglect.

Government action is required, and that response needs to be in the forms of

providing the means for better awareness,

more reliable testing,

individualized and longer treatments,

a stronger understanding of the disease by society in general,

specific & required training of doctors and the entire medical community,

and we need more clinical studies and grant financing to further indispensable research.

These things are not an option, rather, they are imperative.

Lyme Disease is excrutiatingly painful and debilitating.

Left untreated, it can cause it's sufferers irreversable damage including blindess, deafness, paralysis, deformities, brain damage and even death.

Lyme is a relentless enemy demanding every ounce of it's host's energy, producing crippling languor and unrelenting pain & agony.

It is an incapacitating affliction that depletes the entire body of valuable nutrients causing vitamin & mineral deficiencies, significant decreases in essential enzymes, causes blood sugar instability and seriously bankrupts vital hormones that are paramount to our well being.

It drastically weakens our immune systems and robs us of the ability to repair & heal from wounds and other infections.

There are {Betty changed this ..over 300} conditions related to Lyme Disease.

Compelling evidence shows that Lyme is being found to be the underlying cause in an alarming number of medical cases such as:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromayalgia, Bell's Palsy, Parkinsons, Epilepsy, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Meningitis, Dementia, and Alzheimer's Disease, (Betty adding and majority of MENTAL illnesses), just to name a few.

Countless physicians have been abhorrently tormented, degraded & demoralized for their attempts in treating suffering Lyme Disease patients, as have scientists for their fundamental research because of a lack of bureaucratic acceptance that this disease not only exists, but is a phenomenal and devestating invader.

Lyme disease is not up for debate.

People are wasting away while the CDC & IDSA look the other way.

Because of the guidelines that are currently in place, millions of people, like myself, continue to suffer going undiagnosed, misdiagnosed or for being blatantly refused to even be seen by medical practitioners who swore a hippocratic oathe to do no harm yet their idleness does just that. Such is in my case.

I was both mocked and evaded despite the fact that I met CDC guidelines for a clinical diagnosis of Lyme, complete with evidence of a erythema migran.

I was told Lyme does not exist in my state, regardless of proof that it is, and not to come back if it had to do with Lyme Disease.

Lyme is an insidious disease. I urge you to view the documentary "Under Our Skin" by Open Eye Pictures, and then lend us your voice in the legislation.

Your citizens are crying out to their governent for help. What will your response be?

again, beauty; what a powerful story you wrote on behalf of yourself and our entire lyme community. well done my new friend! xox

BettyG, iowa activist

MOMMY MCMANN, sp, at the moment, i can't get to my hug from you, but the above link in TOP POST from pammie is what you need to sign this petition.

it's a LETTER PETITION, and i suggest using beauty's well-written letter when you click on ERIC'S LYME POST OK! that way your reply goes on eric's post so we have CUMULATIVE TOTAL RUNNING of every time someone sends their letter/vote.

again, it goes to YOUR STATE'S FEDERAL/STATE HOUSE REPS AND SENATORS!

i've been hearing back from my STATE senators/house reps saying to contact my DC sen/house reps. i just inform them it's an online petition, and i didn't make the selection of folks; they did.

NOW, PLEASE GO AND SEND YOUR LETTERS FOLKS. WE HAVE UNTIL APRIL 13, i believe! but 800 votes from THIS BOARD would be phenomenal !! GO MD JUNCTION MEMBERS!

BettyG, iowa activist

ps....tawnee just posted 256 SIGNATURES now on eric's initial post.

so beauty's letter is another one you could copy and add to ERIC'S petition he started there.

thanks gang! betty xox

minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 days after sending in my (modified for my state) letter, I got 2 replies from state reps. So the letters are definitely being delivered at the state and teh national levels.

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Hi minoucat,

Good to see that its working, they are hearing us...

And thanks for doing this.

Lets just hope they actually care.

Thank you.

Eric

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement