LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » More ear.throat problems, please READ. I am going crazy.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More ear.throat problems, please READ. I am going crazy.
katc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... I have asked and asked about these problems. Symptoms keep changing somewhat.

Currently they are:

itch in chin (under the skin) sometimes this happens with no other symptoms

itch in neck..I can feel it coming and my neck will turn red in one spot about the size of a silver dollar

**** both "itches" you cannot scratch*****

throat feels like super glue was poured in it.I can tell I need to clear my throat but cannot. Usually it lasts about 15-20 minutes then all of a sudden it gets better and I cough up mucous , I guess (clear)

Ears get full of pressure as if I am in the mountains. They will op and be fullagain. This happens after eating mostly.

Its so weird. At first all this really only happened when eating. Now it can happen at any given moment.

Also, before this I was having trouble breathing. Off and on. I do not think it is asthma.

had allergy testing done. Skin pricks showed the same allergies as when I was a kid. I know how I react to those. I do get that itch in my chin sometimes but then I will sneeze, itchy watery eyes, etc. I don't do any of that right now. Just the itch.

I also had blood drawn for more allergy testing. Don't know what they tested for but said it was normal.

I am so angry. I don't know what in the hell this is. But it has really taken over. Its sacry as hell. And noone can help me.

And my gastro took blood for celiac and it was negative too.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Posts: 117 | From Winston Salem NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you treated fro parasites and worms? They are a MAJOR factor in lyme disease. Check out

www.lymephotos.com

Please don"t ignore this,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey k..

Since I am not familiar with your other history... what you are taking.. what you were diagnosed with, etc.. it is hard to say.

But there were some clues that prompted me to say..

1. Leaky gut syndrome. Check it out by doing a search here. It seems after you eat you have these problems most often.. which can be indicative of leaky gut.

You also may want to check out the Great Smokey Mountain Lab.. name may have changed.. but they do a comprehensive blood panel to check for leaky gut signs (food allergies).

2. Yeast- throat congestion, ears, super glue, itchy neck, etc.

3. Breathing- Babesia, yeast-assuming you've been checked by doctors for other things.

4. Sometimes if a patient has viruses, the neck does get red. I don't know why it does... but docs sometimes look for that sign.

5. Inflammation and /or pressure on the cranial nerves and in facial/jaw area. A chiropractor may be useful in this situation.

6. TMJ

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Have you tried several days of gargling with warm salt water? Or a decongestant?

That is about all I can figure right now... with the limited info you have up there. Hope this helps though.

Good luck and feel better soon.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not on any treatment and never have been.

Originally became ill in 93 with a stiff neck. Doc thought I had Lme but test was negative. Went through all kinds of testing. Told I had MS, Lupus, then told no I didn't have them. They weren't really sure.

I quit going. Until this past June when I startd with a whole new set of symptoms. I begged for a Lyme test and tested positive for Lyme through Western Blot , but only IgM 23 and 41.

I read somewherethat people whom have had Lyme for a long time will only test positive for IgM. I don't know if that is true or not.

Anyhow, I have no job and no money. I am on medicaid now and noone who knows anything about Lyme will take Medicaid.

I went to ENT, said everything was normal except for vocal chords were irritated from my constant throat clearing.

I don't know where to go for this. I have had to deal with so many symptoms, this is by far the scariest. I can't breathe good right now.

took symbicort back in August and dialed 911 about 30 seconds after taking it. I thoght I was going to die right then. I felt paralyzed from the waist up or something.

Posts: 117 | From Winston Salem NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Note: the "salt protocol" is not to be confused with the practice of increased sodium intake for patients with various kinds of low blood pressure (POTS, NMH, etc.) That is something quite different.

Using sea salt instead of regular table salt is a good idea - in normal amounts, too. But that is different than the salt "protocol" suggested above.

-----

PREPARATION to consider for the Salt / Vitamin C Protocol - the First Step:

As with preparation for any protocol, you'd want to read from a variety of sources and get the author's original and updated literature.

You'd also want to read from various authors and researchers, as well. Be very careful about following dosage amount from a post as each person can be different, typos do occur, etc., so you'd want to be sure to double check with the official author's statement to make sure dosage suggestions match up.

It's also a good idea to take a look at the sites of the American Kidney Foundation and the American Heart Association for the safety levels of sodium. In general, learning more about how the kidneys and heart works is helpful, too.

It's good to learn more about sea salt, too. If you decide not to do the salt/vit C protocol, avoiding normal table salt and using sea salt for daily use is a good idea, within a range suggested by your doctor for your body.

Before beginning this - or any protocol, really: share your intentions with your doctor.

Have your doctor run labs on your kidney function and electrolytes - and also check your blood pressure and heart rhythm. Excess salt can be dangerous for someone with decreased kidney function or certain heart conditions. And, yes, it can be fatal, under certain circumstances.

If you are diabetic, this protocol is not advised, so be sure to have glucose testing first, as some people are not aware if they have diabetes.

It is also important to let your doctor know if you have any edema (puffiness or swelling of face, hands, feet, etc.). Edema can be sign that the kidneys or heart are stressed regarding circulation or elimination.

Here is one good article to consider as part of preparation/study:

http://kurtsprotocol.blogspot.com/2007/02/cautions-about-saltc.html

Cautions about Salt/C (2007)

Excerpt (among 14 points to consider):

12. IF a person has ANY reason to suspect that they have heart or kidney weaknesses, or that they may have the ACE mutation (most people with CFS may have this), or if they know that they have any other the risk factors, they should not be on salt/c without careful monitoring of their progress, and if possible medical supervision.

- Full post at link above.

===================

In the scope of prevention and preparation, a search on Hypernatremia is also a good idea so you'll know how to be prepared for subtle signs that may be important clues.

Description at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypernatremia

Excerpt: " . . . Clinical manifestations of hypernatremia can be subtle, consisting of lethargy, weakness, irritability, and edema. With more severe elevations of the sodium level, seizures and coma may occur. . . ."

" . . . The cornerstone of treatment is administration of free water to correct the relative water deficit. Water can be replaced orally or intravenously. However, overly rapid correction of hypernatremia is potentially very dangerous.

The body (in particular the brain) adapts to the higher sodium concentration.

Rapidly lowering the sodium concentration with free water, once this adaptation has occurred, causes water to flow into brain cells and causes them to swell. This can lead to cerebral edema, potentially resulting in seizures, permanent brain damage, or death.

Therefore, significant hypernatremia should be treated carefully by a physician or other medical professional with experience in treatment of electrolyte imbalances. . . ."

========

PubMed has over 2,400 abstracts on Hypernatremia: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez -

-

All this is suggested simply to become informed and to be empowered for proper precautions so that success can occur.

Hopefully, everyone will do well, whatever they decide.

-

[ 01-27-2009, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Katc,

Can you take fish oil ? That might help with the skin itching.

the mucous can be caused by any of these: wheat, gluten (in wheat, rye, barley), dairy, soy and even corn.

Even if you don't test for celiac or even if you test clear of these allergies - you may be developing increased phlegm from these foods - or others.

I do not test as allergic to milk but it still produces horrible phlegm - and that becomes glue in the back of my throat and ears. Same with many other foods that test "fine" - although I did test for celiac with a genetic blood test.

Dust, the fabric finish on new clothes, draperies or household items can be a cause. If you try going scent free with your personal care and household products that may be of help.

Mold, too, can trigger phlegm. I don't "test" allergic to it but, with exposure, I have horrible symptoms.

Fresh air into your home each day can help - even in winter.

In the meantime, gargling a weak lemon/salt solution maybe of some help. (about a teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. salt in a cup of water).

You could also make a lemonade with juice real lemon - not a packaged drink. It should be weak, as too much lemon can irritate the mucous membranes, but the right amount can cut mucous. A drop of Stevia Clear or other stevia product can sweeten it without sugar (be sure to avoid all artificial sweeteners).

I find allicin or freeze-dried garlic to cut the phlegm like magic. In addition to cutting the mucous, it helps combat infection. You might try cutting a tiny amount of a garlic clove and adding to food right before eating, keeping the garlic raw. I suggest only a tiny amount at first - with food.

I have just started resveratrol and that also helps. Amazing, really.

I hope you find help for treatment soon. I know this is a hard time but it can get better.

good luck.

-

[ 01-27-2009, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/diseases/special-diets-for-illness.html

Special Diets for Illness

. . .

At the link above, you will find detailed suggestions for each:

* Diet To Reduce Wind (Vata) - Strengthens the Nervous System

* Diet To Reduce Heat (Pitta) - Helps Reduce General Inflammation

*** Diet To Reduce Dampness and Mucus (Kapha) - Removes Fluids, Mucus and Sticky Accumulations ***

* Diet To Reduce Wind & Dampness - Strengthens Nervous System & Reduces Accumulations

* Diet To Reduce Wind & Heat - Strengthens the Nerves and Reduces Inflammation

* Diet To Reduce Heat & Dampness - Diet For Reducing Inflammation, Fluid and Mucus

-

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey k...

You said..

"Anyhow, I have no job and no money. I am on medicaid now and noone who knows anything about Lyme will take Medicaid."

Don't give up!

Keep going to doctors who take your insurance. SOMEONE will listen. At least if you keep going back.. they will have to do something just to try to get rid of you.

Hang in there!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17210

I can never remember this, are we "allowed" to tell hospital names that were of no help or not?

Cause I would sur love to tell people not to waste there time at 2 in particular!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement