LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mid Back Area Pain and Popping,What Helps?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mid Back Area Pain and Popping,What Helps?
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymers,

For a couple months now I've been fighting spinal pain ,mid back area, about an inch below bra strap area [the across the back part].

Haven't been able to get into a good Dr.,no LLMDs close,finacial issues etc. It is like pulling hens teeth to get a dr. to prescibe pain meds here, and OTC's don't cut it for me.

Wanted to try Naproxen,but scared as It doesn't do well w/ my Diabetic meds and BP meds. [I literally have to keep an inhaler on hand in case it causes issues].

Most of the Anti-inflammatories are out too,as they tear up my stomach really badly. So I am trying to figure out what is sfe to take that will help.

I 'sleep' mostly sitting up, as I choke otherwise,and I don't want any meds to worsen the stomach acids/reflux type of issues.

And yep, I take probiotics,and enzymes etc. to help with the tummy issues... as well as keeping Immodium on hand for other kinds of 'emergencies'. I keep the restroom pretty busy sometimes.

Any way,just curious what I can do to ease some of this pain a bit. I am in the process of going gluten free as I don't think the glutens help pain levels to lower.

I know glutens make the abdominal issues worse as well!And no Aveeno baths for soothing and relaxing either..highly allergic to oats....

Lets see good filtered water,and greenbeans...maybe that wont make anything hurt worse?

Okay gonna find my rice buddy and heat it up to hold next to my back for a bit...

Not sure if the back pain is Lyme?Bart? or just tension and aging?

Silverwolf Being a laundry Diva today...

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A scalding hot bath! This is what I do for back pain and when my joints start flaring - it works like a charm. Better than most pain meds in my opinion...

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bonny, my LARGE FROZEN ICE PACKS i use all day/night during my waking hours here...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get chiropractic care for spinal back pain.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< LymieL', Betty, and Robin >>>>>,

Thanks for the tho'ts and suggestions!

Baths are out,as the tub here is pitiful, enamel coming off etc. But hopefully we can move soon.

And if TxC' gets the job next week, we'll be able to have some insurance, again. Some being better than none.

I am having the pain and popping, in mid back along spine,and some numbness in arms and hands.

Of course the right side shouldn't be a problem,after the surgical horror called Thoraxic Outlet Syndrome -rib resection- I went thru in 1982.

We weren't aware of how Lyme and Co. could complicate such things back then. And I've no doubts now that the LD and Bart were a factor.

I have been debating w/ myself, to try alternating heat and cold on my back.

I've done it on occasion w/ severe migraine,usually putting hot rice buddy on the back of my neck and then Icepack on my head...and alternating.

The mid back problem is just odd for me... I am so used to pain everywhere,it's prolly worse than I realize to localize in my back...and starting down spine now.

I'll BBL Thanks again for input...Jus Silverwolf

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try cranial sacral therapy with an experienced practitioner-could be an issue with your cerebral spinal fluid.

Diana

Posts: 202 | From vancouver, canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< diana >>>>>.

Thanks for the suggestion, if Hubby gets the job offer he interviewed for,we may have a chance to try some therapies.

Right now, we're on a super tight budget,w/ no insurance etc.

I need to look up the cranial sacral therapy.

Also wondering,if the rash I have [mentioned on a different thread] is by chance shingles,if it is that may be some of the back pain issue. Tho' the rash isn't as bad as it was a few days ago.

Rash may be from a new med' I was trying,or even the stresses which are constant here.

Thanks for tho'ts and Ideas to each responder!

Jus' Silverwolf Cereal-ity [Snap,Crackle Pop w/o the Rice Crispies].

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement