LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Neuro lyme recoveries

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Neuro lyme recoveries
Sheryl777
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone recovered from neuro-lyme? If so, what worked for you?

Sheryl

Posts: 258 | From Spokane, WA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not me; off hand don't remember reading about successes on that.

BUT go to SUPPORT FORUM; read at TOP SUCCESS STORIES; PERHAPS YOU'LL FIND SOME NEURO STORIES THERE! [Smile]

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/15820?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl777
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The stories there are of people who usually took years to resolve their condition. Not exactly cheery.

S.

Posts: 258 | From Spokane, WA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far so good for me. I have neurolyme (12 yrs

before dx) and am down to pulsing 3 weeks off

one week on. Near the end of 3rd week, I have

some pain and then treatment week I am herxing

like mad but I never thought I'd see the day of

being off meds for three weeks! Have been

treating since 2002 or 2003 I think (memory still a little rusty).

--------------------
RV

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bicillin with Metronidazole

VeneX bee venom ointment

Borrelia Series Remedy and LYM homeopathic from Deseret Biologicals with Lightworks treatment

In my case the alternatives helped the most.

Neuro symptms all gone. I can think now, and hold my hands steady.

Good luck with your treatment.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...I need some clarification here.

Neuro-Lyme...don't many of us have neurological issues with this disease? My symptoms are predominately neurological in nature, not so much cognitive, more central nervous system. Lots of tremors, overly-charged nervous system, with loads of other stuff.

Aren't there more treatment successes than the couple who've posted?

When bettyg said she hadn't read too many...this has really freaked me out. My progress is so terribly slow (10 months treating); but there is hope, isn't there? I'm scared. TS

Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TS, I am with you. My LLMD says that Lyme "IS" neurological. The neuro symptoms are one of the ways used to determine that it is LD.

So hey, I guess I am confused here too.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am under the impression that neurological symptoms related to lyme can come from several problems:

brain lesions from borrelia
neurotoxins from bacteria die-off
neurotoxins from candida and fungal die-off
bacterial and or viral lyme meningitis
endocrine disorders resulting from lyme in the pituitary and or adrenals

All causes can be treated and many many have recovered entirely.

Those who get well don't tend to stick around for very long afterwards, so you don't hear as many success stories as you might like. Lots of folks get well, then they go on and live their lives.

Borrelia Burgdorferi (east coast) tends to have more of the arthritic symptoms. Borrelia Garinii (midwest variety) tends to have more of the neurological symptoms. I don't know why.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl777
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17804

Bejoy, could you let me know the website for the Lightworks equipment?

The spirochetes seem to be under my scalp as it is always swollen. Maybe some bee venom would help but I've gone through applying Everclear as well as essential oils to those areas and nothing has worked so far.

I always have blood in my nasal mucus and in winter it is always harder for me to breathe.

S.

mustluvdogs
Member # 18273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustluvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I also had problems with memory, concentration, reading, nerve pain etc. etc.,

Well I've had it for 7 years prior to correct dx.

I've been treating since, 10-23-08 and feel that my brain is coming back. I still will have an afternoon where I kind of lose concentration but for the most part, I feel like I'm recovering.

Good luck to you

Posts: 46 | From NE Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sheryl,

There is hope and for us neuro-recovery
was relatively short. Both my wife and I
had extreme brain fog with very little
short-term memory, difficulty with word
choice and coherent thinking, and I had
developed a stutter.

With herbs alone, in about 1 1/2 years
our health, including mental, returned.
I'm now in school studying acupunture and
although not easy, the grades are fine.

Our key herbs and mineral were:

Cat's Claw
Kyolic formulas 103 and 105
Sarsasparilla
Pau d'Arco
Teasel
Artemesia
Seven Forest formulas Forsythia and Isatis
Grape Seed Extract
Oregano
Triphala
Olive Leaf Extract
Silver
Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes

You can search jwf for our story. We have
been fine for over 3 years now even though
my wife and I both were reinfected with ad-
ditional tickbites. Our recovery with these
has been even faster than with the original
infection.

Blue Skies.......John

Posts: 134 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

I want to add to the neuro causes - environmental and food allergies

Here's the link for lightworks:

http://www.sotainstruments.com/

People are using it sucessfully with and without nosodes, but there is still much to learn.

I like John's list.

Bee Venom Venex ointment seems to kill spirochetes and open cysts. It also seems to help reduce inflammation.

I just want to note that longterm antibiotics are the only researched verified treatment for lyme. However, for those who are open for experimentation, many are getting very good results with some of these alternatives.

It depends on your philosophy, willingness to do your own study, availability of LLMD's or naturopaths, and insurance situation.

Best wishes.

--------------------
bejoy!

ebbakarin
Member # 16362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ebbakarin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neuro success story!

My problems were predominantly neurological related and included tingling in hands, hand and leg weakness, poor balance, vertigo, brain fog, stutter, word recall problems, distonia, shooting pains, and a really bad hand and arm tremor.

After 4 months of Flagyl, Zithromycin, and IV Rocephin nearly all of my symptoms, neuro and not, have resolved on most days. The only thing that remains consistently is my tremor which my LLMD says may never fully resolve (for which, comparatively, I'm not going to complain!). I'm not confident I would have gotten better without the heavy drugs; perhaps I would have but not at least as fast as I did with them.

In addition to some alternatives (already listed) I've also been drinking lots of water and taking epsom salt baths-- they were a bit hard on my in the beginning but over time I was able to tolerate more salt and warmer water and feel they help.

And of course lots of rest, healthful food, and a daily dose of exercise, even if walking around the yard for 10 minutes is all you can do. Three months ago that was enough for me and now I'm even riding my bike again. There is hope!

Take it day by day, and be positive!
All the best,
Ebba

Posts: 36 | From Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wimenin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wimenin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on your defintion of success story...

The original diagnosis I was given was meningitis and encephalitis, likely viral, although that turned out to be lyme menin/enceph.

Before being diagnosed, I was constantly going to ER with severe headaches, chest pains, digestive issues, cognitive/anxiety/depression issues, flu like symptoms.

Since starting treatment I no longer go off to the drs, Im back working full time, and only have 28 days flares (3-5 days) which I can tolerate a lot better. Its been a long haul as it took over 18 mos to diagnose, and Ive been on abx for 9 mos, but theres no doubt I have improved.

I think its unrealtistic for people to think that you can recover from lyme in a matter of weeks, unless you see the tick, and got trx within 24 hrs. The reality is that it may take months, years to recover, and you may be in a battle between lyme and yeast the longer it goes on.

Who knows, lyme could be a life changing, rest of your life type of illness. I guess the future will answer that question.

Posts: 514 | From . | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement