LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Red dots on hands...is this babesia?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red dots on hands...is this babesia?
mandy614
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mandy614     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been noticing little red spots on my hands and wrists. They aren't going away. Is this petachia (sp?). Babesia or bart related?

I can't be sure, but I think I've been noticing what looks like light red scratches but can't figure out if it is self inflicted or not.

Any thoughts on what the red spots could be?

Thank you!
mandy

Posts: 348 | From maryland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
could you post a pic?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mandy614
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mandy614     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do I post a picture???
Posts: 348 | From maryland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rianna
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mandy, If you cant post here email me a Picture

X Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first thing that comes to mind is Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Have you been tested for that?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bears1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bears1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella. I have the same thing.
Posts: 136 | From Arizona | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TO LIFE
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I have this as well mostly on my lower legs, mine is Bartonella.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mandy614
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16524

I was negative for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever through Igenex... Negative for bart too but my LLMD clinically diagnosed me with bart based on my where I'm from, stunted words, slow speech, hard to communicate what I'm thinking... This has gotten better with treatment, even though I'm not treating bart at the moment.

I would post pics but can't seem to figure out how to upload!

Thanks!
Mandy

Erica741
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erica741     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could have sworn I've read many times on here that the "little red spots" type rash is Babesia?

I thought the Bartonella rashes look more like stretch marks.

I've been diagnosed with both infections but have neither type of rash, so may be completely off-base.

Posts: 408 | From California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it looks like RMSF rash and is on hands..

Ehrlichia can cause this type of rash, mostly in the same places as RMSF does (hands/feet most commonly).

So now you have almost a full menu of TBD's to pick from.

Just don't want you to miss anything in your search for, "What IS it?"

Sorry to add to the confusion though...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mustluvdogs
Member # 18273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustluvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I had that two on the lower palms of my hands and wrists

I thought I must have touched something but it wouldn't come off for a week.

My bart test was negative.

Feeling much better now though. No more pain, or fatigue for the most part. Just building up my stamina now.

Let us know what your doctor says about it.

Posts: 46 | From NE Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mandy614
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16524

I took pics of the scratch like rash but the little dots are too small for my camera flash.

The dots are still hanging around though.

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've got them but they're all over, hands, legs, everywhere except feet.

some are quite noticeable and some are like boink, boink, boink, with a red pen....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Randi--

Babs can cause this type of rash-

I dont think LLMDs have recognized yet that
babs causes this rash because it is usually one
of the minor symptoms when compared to to
all of the other symptoms a person has-

The babs rash looks alot like Petechiae
but it usually itches Real bad -
not always tho --

It also has a nerve type reaction where
you scratch one bump and feel it some where
else on your body -

Like scratch one spot on your arm and feel
it on your back--

The red bumps form a Very small white scab on
the top that is hard to see but is ruff to the touch--

The rash can also cluster around joint areas
just before that joint is attacked
by the babs bugs --

With babs treatment the rash will go away
--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie F.
Member # 15956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julie F.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you have described sounds identical to mine. I got them twice after starting new meds, and both times they went away. First time it took a few weeks to fade, the second time just a few days. My LLMD thought maybe babs, maybe bart, but like you, I couldn't get a decent photo and they were gone before my appointment, so I never found out for sure.

Hope it clears soon.

Posts: 67 | From SF Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I've been treating babs aggressively lately and recently discovered a petechia-like (sp?) rash on my upper thighs. It hadn't occurred to me that babs could cause this.

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuffee
Member # 18491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuffee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same thing and actually saw some kind of shiny bug under my skin on my hand today. What is a bart rash from? The organism making trail marks?
Posts: 32 | From Southcoast, MA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan pease
Member # 17476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan pease     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also had little red spots and red lines about 1/2 to 1 inch long on my hands and arms They did not itch and they weren't raised. I was being treated for Bart and was on abx at the time. No one seemed to know what they were.
Posts: 11 | From california | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement