LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ohh Man... Not feeling good....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ohh Man... Not feeling good....
kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 9 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To All:

I Just started my regimen for Babs. Im taking Mepron along with Zithromax and Plaquenil.

Also I am takin IV Clindamycin which Ive been on for 3 months now.

I also have two strands of Bart. Im feeling really really sick to my stomach... [Frown]

I Didn't feel this sick when I was being treated for the Lyme and Bart alone.

Im curious about why im feeling this way.

I could be Herxing, but I dont know... I dont have a positive Babs test, But I have all the symptoms.

Could it be that the Babs is causing this?

any suggestions would sure help.

beside feeling sick to my stomach I am even more fatigued then normal and and my joints are bothering me more than ever.

ALL my symptoms are intensified!

Please Help!!! [bonk] Thanks

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rambler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rambler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kreynolds, I had a similar ramp up of yucky symptoms with the Mepron.

I've been on IV Rocephin for 3 months, which has not been a cakewalk, but Whoa Nellie, I feel terrible now.

I think the most important thing we can do is to not let ourselves get too tired. We are getting worn out by not even doing anything.

Holy Cripes! How are we supposed to keep up with it? I have a hard time eating enough to soak up all those pills and goos and such. I feel like Napoleon- I'm constantly gripping my stomach...

Kefir helps most of the time.

--------------------
Be Well

Posts: 103 | From Out West | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds to me like you are herxing and reacting to the babs medication. Mepron, Zithro and Plaqueniel hit babs.

You don't need a positive test if you have the symptons and if you are feeling worse since starting babs treatment IMO it would mean you

are reacting to the meds and have it, positive test or not. It's so unfortunate that the treatment for this dreaded illness is just as bad as the illness.

Try to stick with it and hopefully you will see the light at the end of the tunnel in time. Herxes usually come in cycles, but everyone is

different so hopefully you will get some relief soon but it will probably be back again.

Hang in there.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloe vera juice was helpful for my daughter.

And, oddly, this pine nut oil we got online.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys.... I know it will be a tough road ahead, but I'm a fighter!!!!

Kelmo:

I will try the Aloe Vera juice and the pine nut oil and let you know how I feel!

Thanks again

Roy

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are feeling so bad [group hug]

I think babs has been responsible for my digestive issues but that is just my guess.

I would make sure none of the meds can be causing your nausea (you could call your pharmacist)

For nausea some ginger either cut or grated (i think grated is better) and brewed in tea helps me if its not too bad (and depending on what its from)

they make ginger root pills but the real thing brewed in tea works better for me.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I'm so sorry as herxing is as bad, in now worse at times than the actual disease!! I agree with the above poster it that just by your reaction would strongly indicate that you have babs.!!

As far as the nausea, I've tried just about everything natural. However it didn't work for me; the only thing that worked is Dramamine. It helping a lot, along with eating small meals.

Make sure that you're detoxing too. Oh, and this maybe something that you already know, but I was never told. If you're taking supplements, which I hope you are, you cannot take Alpha Lipoc Acid while on Mepron!!! Now I am doubting my mememory on this, so I will double check, okay.

Hang in there----Boy does my heart go out to you!

Posts: 351 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope this all works out in the end....

Thanks guys... you're the best!!! [Big Grin] [group hug]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kate, [group hug] [kiss]

so sorry for all you are going thru; just stopped by to comfort you.

i have no personal experiences with those meds! hang in there; will get much worse before you get better as you KILL OFF THOSE CHETES in your body.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Thanks BettyG!!!! Kill them all right?? I wish it was that easy!..

well thanks again for stopping by... this is the wirst tike of the day for me EST.

I feel the worst in the morning like my stomach is in a vice and my legs are like jello. Im a walking zombie.. ha ha. well thanks again. Roy

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement