LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » dull chest pain, left side rapid pulse, at times

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dull chest pain, left side rapid pulse, at times
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I've had off and on dull chest pain in the left

side on and off for about a month now. I've been

fighting with insurance to get on IV quickly but

they have denied IV coverage. Do you think I am

permanently doing damage to my heart by just

using normal antibiotics. I think it's

inflamation around my heart. I also have

inflammation in my feet. I'm worried that I may

be causing irreversable heart damage. What do you

guys think. Should I just admit myself to the

hospital and refuse to leave until they know the

cause of it. My toes are twitching like crazy

also along with cold feet and numbness in the

feet and fingers, and the neuro is getting

really bad. I feel rigid, cannot do simple

tasks. It's like I just can't start any tasks at

home anymore. I used to do everything without

thinking twice about it, now I just can't get

moving. I'm almost paranoid or something, very

strange things going on....Rich [confused]

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rich,

are you having severe pain and numbness in arms/hands too?

lyme causes heart problems; each of us is different. so if it CONTINUES GETTING WORSE, i'd go to hospital ER and have it checked out good.

unfortunately, they don't listen to use and insurance cos. kick us out QUICKLY so i don't think you'd be able to stay no matter how stubborn you are.

do you have health insurance?

anyway, my motto ... BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY; i'm going to hospital anytime i'm like that and i've gone once so far! nothing found! [Frown]

i also dragged along my THICK "LYME" MEDICAL FILES!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any kind of chest pain that persists like that merits an EKG. At the least. Or a cardiac workup. Has your doctor recommended this? I think it's a wise idea to rule out any organic heart problems (i.e., NOT lyme-induced) before assuming chest pain is from lyme. I would definitely go to the ER and get checked out.
Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so frustrating ! I do have insurance, but

like I said they denied the IV. I'm wondering if

it's the beginning stage of myocarditus (spell

check) or something. I went to the hospital two

years ago when all this started because I had

weird chest pains, but this seems different. Two

yrs ago they did everything, nothing found.

Cardiologist couldn't find anything what-so-

ever. I just turned 45, but have always been in

good shape. I just don't like the funny feeling

in my chest, it scares me. The inflammation and

neuro stuff is scaring me too.........I don't

know, I'm just sick of this crap already.....

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am just now wk 1 into iv for cardio/neuro involvement.

i had holter monitor showing sinus tachy (means heart rate races but maintains rhythem, no blockage in impules for heart to beat)

any who, sinus tach is related to immflamtory situations, illness (lol..like lyme you mean???)

so with me, RMSF causes systemic vasculitis thus means even the heart..is a muscle too

sounds like you need cardio, holter would be good--you do this at home, wear for a day. 12 lead ekg in er only gives small view

the pain you are having is very worrisome and sounds like angina needs to be ruled out,, anytime your body has pain this is a signal to you that something is wrong--- this is the whole purpose of pain so you need to listen to it

i have educated some of my own doc along the way, luckily i have relationship with most from working in the medical community here for last 10 yr

however, the cardio i saw was not receptive to the hard to treat idea..so i need to find one who is

i know i have had better luck with docs during in-office visits..ER is bad place to fight this battle..

no one please take this wrong but er is "treat and street"...that is the design of er, they are not into diagnostic work ups--get "complaint" under control (lol..you only get one ya know) and send you off to follow up with pcp.

best wishes in finding open minded cardio in your area and make appt!! i have brought in back up science research with me at times. best wishes but get this looked at!!

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heart involvement with this illness.

I also have the chest pain (though I get it on both sides), palps off and on, and tachycardia. The tachycardia has been the worst, and I was put on beta blockers to control it. And my LLMD has heard a very mild murmur as well.

I, like a couple others here, have had the holter monitor, as well as EKG and echo. They were normal except holter showed sinus tachycardia of up to 150 resting. But other than that, it was normal and they told me I was fine. Fine, huh?!

I continue to worry as I've been treating lyme and co's now for two years but still have the tachycardia and have had to up my dosage of beta blockers even. So I worry that I'll be on beta blockers for the rest of my life...

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement