LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Horses??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horses??
TazG
Member # 18747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TazG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are their any other riders that are sick?
Posts: 30 | From pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a horse. I've owned horses for many years. I've had as mant as four at one time. My horse was born at my house and is old, but in good health.
I just lost his full sister just before Thanksgiving. It truly broke my heart, she was so sweet and wonderful. She was also old, 26.
We used to camp with the horses. I've done a lot of Dressage. Seems like so long ago.
I haven't ridden in a about 6 years. I hope to get well enough to ride...well enough to care.
This disease really sucks.
There are several people with horses here.
How about you - horses?
-p

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a horse. I've had a horse for the last 35 years. Not the same one. I did ride a couple times last year for just a few minutes. It was great!! I have a daughter who rides dressage and another daughter who rides hunter jumpers. My husband likes to trail ride.

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm ready to get back into riding after 10 years away. when i started my tx i had to break up my barn. last year after getting my knees replaced i started riding again and found it was the best physical therapy. since i had to stop late fall...i am having trouble with my knee caps again.

sooooo...i need to figure out how to ride regularly. it's hard way up in nh---too much ice-too cold for too long.

it looks like we are going to move to KS or MO for at least 4 months of the year

up here hay is $10 for a 40 lb bale now so ppl are giving away horses. i'm not sure if i'll find one here or wait til i move south

but i'm looking! i need a really quiet, short, fat horse...just like me.

i started hunter/jumper, but ended up dressage---i'm back at intro level now.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ipkayak

Hey there - I was think about you also when I replied "There are several people with horses here." I'm sorry you are having trouble with your knees and I hope you will be able to ride soon.
My biggest problem is dizziness and vertigo. I just don't think I could do it right now.
In So. CA our hay is $15.00/bale and each bale runs 75-85 lbs. 14-16 flakes of good size.
I remember when the bales were 100-120 lbs each and 4.75 a bale. [Smile]
-p

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there are lots of riders here. Maybe if you use a different title, you'll get more responses.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up with horses. Would still be riding, if able. Still hopeful for the future.

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TazG
Member # 18747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TazG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies. I am new to this. My job is training horses-I finally had to stop and find out what was really wrong. was misdiafnosed with CFS for years. Look forward to connecting with some of you.
Posts: 30 | From pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, I remember when hay was 35 cents a bale---sm bale,.... so how old are you????

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well horse prices have drop here too but our hay prices are $4.00 or $5.00 for a fifty pound bale. A couple years a go it was only $2.00. Board has gotten so much more expensive here!!

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, horses are what I luvs2ride.

In spite of lyme induced rheumatoid arthritis, I still very much enjoy my 3 horses. I just rode 4 hrs in the mountains last Sunday and did great.

Hang in there. You can ride again!

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I've had horses most of my life. I have two now, my husband and I. They're wonderful!

All I can do right now, well for the last year is look at him through my window. It's depressing not even being able to stand to love on him, let alone ride.

Someday!!!

Posts: 351 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement