LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » do you have dizzy spells?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: do you have dizzy spells?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was standing in half price books and all of a sudden i was extremely dizzy and started having blurry vision.

i really thought i was going to faint.

have you had this?

i didn't take ambien last night, slept on and off for hours and today the headache is not as bad. just about a 3-4 on a scale of 10....at last i'm not wanting to blow my head off....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollyM
Member # 15386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollyM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, almost fainted in the shower and a department store. It's really scary I know. Take it easy if you can, sit or lye down as much as you can.
Posts: 33 | From Chicago | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, for many years. It is part of the NMH (neurally mediated hypotension) that so many of us seem to have. The blurred vision goes along with it for me sometimes.

Also, consider that it could be related to blood sugar issues, especially the blurry vision.

Was it warm in the store when this symptom appeared? The shower can bring it on due to the heat. Taking cooler showers can help and staying out of warm temperatures can help.

I had reached a point where I couldn't be in normal temperatures. We had to keep our house so cool that people who came over would have to wear a coat. I had to schedule all of my appointments for the morning in the summer because it would wipe me out terribly to be in the summer weather.

Babesia treatment made a huge difference for me and now I can tolerate normal temperatures.

You may want to take your blood pressure while standing for awhile or when you feel dizzy. Mine used to be volatile so one minute it would be fine and the next it would be really low. Pulse also often goes up when bp goes down.

Hope you can get this under control ASAP. Be sure to mention it to your lyme doctor.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have this. It's gotten much better after almost two years of treatment.

Before I was diagnosed and when I was actually NOT extremely ill, I did faint after church one morning. Luckily I was standing near my husband so he was able to catch me. That was around the start of the downnward spiral. After that I had a lot of dizziness, lightheadedness and wooziness, shortness of breath, and those types of issues until it got waaaaaaay out of hand and diagnosis and tx.

It's very disconcerting and scary, for sure.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Capa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have constant dizzy spells, frequent falls, and have fainted a few times. The Drs don't seem to "get it" so I am not being treated for it. They take notes about it but are seemingly stumped.

I do have consistently low blood pressure and a slow pulse.

--------------------
Lisa D

Posts: 103 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Capa,
Consider asking for a tilt table test to see if NMH is your problem.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I do get dizzy. I have to sit or lie down if i get full blown dizzy....

but i can move around with lightheadness all day.

For me, not drinking enough water makes it worse.
(not drinking enough water also makes my constant headache worse)

Hope both symptoms get better soon.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TerryK ,IS right on target !

Tilt table test.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have this. is worse when change positions-- if i bend over to pick something up the room swims and i look like im surfing too

my LLMD and neuro know, told me to see cardio. went to cardio (he thought is was "cool" i had lyme and read up on it few yrs ago)..ekg showed sinus tach with heart rate 85-165 (with no activity mind u) cardio dismissed it and said..well no prob..take abt had lyme, rmsf is treated easily..no worries

soon as take month of abt you heart with be ok, just vasculitis of heart from RMSF. funny, i am only able to make Igm antibodies to the infectins i have but this did not matter. tried to educate a doc..no luck on this one.

maybe next one will be more open minded?? have learned to not change positions fast, kids have learned to pick up there own stuff of the floor and I sit down immed. when get dizzy when standing up. i know if i am up/doing to much this happens too

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Water (or staying hydrated) is one of the treatments recommended for NMH.

I also have problems changing position as do most people with NMH. From sitting to standing, and leaning over, blood pools in the legs and there is less blood to the heart.

This is a condition that is often associated with Chronic Fatigue syndrome which as we know, can be caused by lyme disease.

There is treatment so anyone with these symptoms should consider insisting on a proper evaluation. Treatment helps some people a LOT.

Terry

Capa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all of the suggestions. At this point they told me I drink TOO much water! The Endo told me I'm drinking between 7-10 times the amount I need to be. Ugh! Lymies can't win!

--------------------
Lisa D

Posts: 103 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a nurse once told me that you can measure dehydration this way. if you lift the skin on your hands and it stays up or takes a long time to go down, you're dehydrated.

don't know if it's true...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, you gently pinch the skin on your hands.

If it stays peaked (i.e. doesn't immediately spring back)

Then you may be dehydrated.

I am dizzy a lot now too.

I do okay standing still.

However, from sit to stand, while walking or changing head

Positions rather fast, I feel like the ground is coming up to my face.

I am on florinef and it helps. Water does too.

So does adding sea salt to my diet.

I hope this one fades...soon.

I'd hate to have to sit down while working.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement