LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » mycoplasma symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mycoplasma symptoms?
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to google it but my brain isnt understanding so does anyone know where there is a list of symptoms for the tbd mycoplasma?

i check the newbie package and didnt see it there but quite possible my brain just didnt see it.

Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try www.immed.org

Frankly, I am not sure how much it differs from all the other organisms. There is such an overlap.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evidence for disseminated Mycoplasma fermentans in New Jersey residents with antecedent tick attachment and subsequent musculoskeletal symptoms.
Eskow E, Adelson ME, Rao RV, Mordechai E.

Hunterdon Medical Center, Flemington, NJ, USA.

Mycoplasma species are one of nature's most abundant groups of microbes. These bacteria inhabit a wide diversity of insect, plant, and animal species, including humans. Certain mycoplasma species have been identified in blood-sucking arthropods, including Ixodes ticks. Frequent human exposure to this genus of ticks led us to explore the possibility of tick-mediated transmission of these bacteria.

We evaluated 7 residents of central New Jersey who developed fatigue, musculoskeletal symptoms, and cognitive disturbance after tick attachment. All 7 of these patients lacked both serological evidence and erythema migrans skin lesions characteristic of Lyme disease. We were able to amplify and quantitate Mycoplasma fermentans-specific DNA from their peripheral blood lymphocytes.

After antimicrobial therapy, symptoms subsided, and M. fermentans DNA could no longer be detected in their blood specimens. These findings suggest that a subset of disseminated M. fermentans infections may be a vector-mediated process in humans and should be considered in patients with puzzling musculoskeletal presentations.

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mycoplasma

Explanation: A genus of small bacteria which lack cell walls. M. fermentans, M. pneumoniae, M. penetrans, M. hominis and M. genetalium

Symptoms: Fatigue, headaches, muscle pain and soreness, nausea, gastrointestinal problems, joint pain and soreness, lymph node pain, cognitive problems, depression, breathing problems and other signs and symptoms

Treatment: Slow-growing mycoplasmal infections are not rapidly susceptible to antibiotics. Doxycycline, Minocycline, Ciprofloxacin, Azithromycin, and Clarithromycin may be used.

Co-infections:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=021366;p=0

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Mycoplasmas - Stealth Pathogens
http://www.rain-tree.com/myco.htm

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

You are most welcome my dear! [Smile]
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melanie Reber:
Evidence for disseminated Mycoplasma fermentans in New Jersey residents with antecedent tick attachment and subsequent musculoskeletal symptoms.
Eskow E, Adelson ME, Rao RV, Mordechai E.

Hunterdon Medical Center, Flemington, NJ, USA.
All 7 of these patients lacked both serological evidence and erythema migrans skin lesions characteristic of Lyme disease. We were able to amplify and quantitate Mycoplasma fermentans-specific DNA from their peripheral blood lymphocytes.

After antimicrobial therapy, symptoms subsided, and M. fermentans DNA could no longer be detected in their blood specimens. These findings suggest that a subset of disseminated M. fermentans infections may be a vector-mediated process in humans and should be considered in patients with puzzling musculoskeletal presentations.

Yes, there might be mycoplasma. But the symptoms they describe here are so typical of lyme, I strongly suspect it is lyme that is responsible, in at least many of the cited cases; or that is there is lyme, too. The symotoms point strongly to lyme. The lyme-literate view is, that the lack of "serological evidence and erythema migrans skin lesions characteristic of Lyme disease" does NOT rule out lyme! And the therapy was probably abx, which would have an effect on the lyme, also.

In my case, I could have missed the rash, dismissing it as plant allergy or mystery insect bite, especially if it was where it was hard to see. And the rash does NOT always appear, anyway! And though I did see the rash, my original ...um..., 'tests'... were ...'negative'... (as in "yeah, right!").

DaveS, w.l.w.w.t.s.o.t...'v...'t....

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Symptoms sound similar - has anyone here tested for mycoplasma and been found to be positive?

Just for the fun of it, I googled mycoplasma fermentans and clindamycin, the only antibiotic I take for Lyme.

And reports said...clindamycin is an abx that treats mycoplasma. I have never tested for it.

[ 02-14-2009, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mycoplasma was my biggest problem. I tested positive for m. fermentans. It was found in my spinal fluid using PCR.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are a few different strains of mycoplasma, each have different mechanisms, different abx's that will effect them, and different symptoms.

m.fermentans is the strain that can most seriously effect the CNS.

mo

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU!

This is very important to me. I always suspected mycoplasmas. I had 2 tests for mycoplasmas - 1 was even done by Garth Nicholson's lab.

They were all negative!

I tried so many treatments, drugs, etc. I've been ill for 12 years... I have no conclusive tests for anything except a clinical diagnosis for Lyme.

I lived in NJ!

I just had an Asyra test done & mycolpasmas came up! So, I started treating using a homeopathic remedy & I'm getting some of the symptoms of mycoplasmas returning (indicating that this is the real deal).

It think the Asyra test hit the correct thing. I have to treat this way for a month - so, I'll find out in time.

You may have & it not know - just like me... I don't know if the tests are accurate.

Thanks for the article about mycoplasma in NJ! It just proves my situation.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, how is this treated?
Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to really get close to the mycoplasma issue. A mother wrote quite an article. She was desparate to regain her son's live and health back, in my mind, she is a hero. Read the following link it is both shocking and disgusting.

http://www.whale.to/m/mycoplasma5.html

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some further info-

http://www.whale.to/v/mycoplasma.html

That Whale site has some very interesting research!

-----

Also- an interesting "counter" dialectic to Garth Nicholson's research-

INFECTION: BACTERIAL, FUNGAL - INCLUDING MYCOPLASMA - VIRAL, AND CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS

(scroll down to the section - "The contrary view on mycoplasmata")

http://tinyurl.com/aa9ad8

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD thinks that MYCOPLASMA is my main symptom now.

I take biaxin and all my pain goes away and my briain feels calm and clear. Then I herx again and everything goes to he*l.

I have been living this cycle for years now, hence my name.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested positive for Mycoplasma but I have no idea what of my symptoms come from it or the Lyme. I also suspect Bart although testing comes back neg. through Quest
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for more replies. Im starting to think that they are one in the same almost?
Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I don't think the standard tests are accurate. I read that some mycoplasmas may have a cycle of 7 years. It may be less or different depending on the strain.

They are very difficult to get rid of from what I have researched. There isn't enough info to know whether abx are effective or not. There is some controversy about it.

I'm going the homeopathic route. The treatments I'm doing seem to be effective but I can't really say for sure, yet.

It is very hard to really determine what is causing everyone here to be ill. When the tests are not accurate - you don't really know what to treat.

The standard answer to all of this is more & more abx but I don't have alot of faith in this for a number of reasons.

We each have to make our own decisions as to what or how to treat. It's very trying...

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

What homeopathy are you taking?

By the way, homeopathy does not work on me anymore. It seems that my nervous system is in such overload that it just doesnt respond.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is soooo much to homeopathy it is hard to say what will work! As in treatment options. We only have our symptoms to compare and did they get resolved. Then there is the manner in the treatment. Using LEDs changes things, but we don't nearly know enough about it never mind combining homeopathy with it.

So looking at lymeherx001 issue with the nervous system having an impact on homeopathy working or not makes perfect sense. There are log jams in our body too difficult to ameliorate.

To get rid of bigger log jams, you need a bigger lever. The lever might be a combination of things, there is so many things to try. I hope lymeherx001 you can find one that works.

I don't believe too much in standard tests for mycoplasma, so I agree with Sparkle and Dr. Nicholson. Dr. Nicholson has a test, but it isn't a standardized test.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

This whole thing about the mycoplasmas is very difficult. I don't know how much disinformation is being given about all of this.

It made me very uneasy to see the counter observations by Dr (?) Urnovitz in the article I posted. The standard treatment as suggested by Dr. Nicholson with abx may have no merit!!!

----------

� Urnovitz (2002) is also concerned at the damage which could be caused by the treatment protocol advised for attacking mycoplasma infection.

He expresses the problem cogently: 'The argument is that, since the antibiotics can kill bugs like mycoplasma, it must be the fact that mycoplasma is being killed by the antibiotics that's making the patients feel better.

Not only is this a circular argument, we're learning that the conventional wisdom that antibiotics work solely on microbes is inaccurate.

The reasoning behind requiring manufacturers to describe an antibiotic's adverse side effects in package inserts is that these chemotherapeutic agents work on human genetic and protein material as well as microbial material.

The number and severity of these adverse side effects is why regulatory agencies demand rigorous clinical trials on chemotherapeutic agents before they are allowed on the market.

One cannot conclude that patients feel better on an antibiotic because it is killing mycoplasma without a shred of clinical microbiological evidence.

Our concern is that this unethical, off-label prescribing of antibiotic combinations will have significant adverse side effects on the patients taking them, as we have seen in the failure of anti-retrovirals prescribed to `treat' HIV.'

----------

It's just like the controversy with Lyme. This makes me very uneasy about this subject.

I think there's "stuff" going on behind the scenes here. We need to look deeper into all of this & why people are so ill with the "mystery pathogens", why the tests are so inaccurate, why there's no real treatments, why we are being denied disability, insurance, etc.

We just keep going around in circles with all of this. Bob is correct. Homeopathy is a complex subject. It's the only thing I've found so far that seems to have any logic about treatments for all of this mess.

Maybe you should get a professional opinion lymeHerx001? I don't know enough about it to tell you what might help.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Here's some further info -

http://gsbs.utmb.edu/microbook/ch037.htm

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

I have been to many professionals with many diagnoses. That last was 3 doctors at Yale which didnt blink when I mentioned mycoplama.

They just told me I had migrane associated vertigo.

My LLMD said that I have had Lyme. Now he says because I tested 7 times positive for mycoplasma pnemoniae both IGG and IGM that thats my main culprit.

Abx help me but too a point, they dont cure me, but they do give me a little more energy. But If I take to many I have what most people call a herx. I have been herxing for 6 years, clearlly something is wrong.

He wants to do the Genova (formerlly Great Smokies) liver test to see how my liver performs in phase I and II.

I dont have the answers and for me to go out looking for a doctor to help me is like a crap shoot at best and russian roulette at worst.

Some do harm in their recomendations. One I think recomended the maple syrup and lemon fast. I think he was stoned. I told him that sugar gives me neuropathy. He gave me another stoned look and smiled and told me to try it anyway.

These are the people I deal with when they dont have the answers. Just a circle of BS. If I were rich it would be different.

At least then I could hire them to find me a cure.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Lymeherx001 -- It sounds like you've tried ABX and don't quite believe in it any more nor the LLMDs prescribing it. So ask yourself, do you believe you can get well with ABX?

Belief is an important part of getting well. If you don't believe it, it won't happen.

[ 03-01-2009, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: lymie_in_md ]

--------------------
Bob

MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i only know for myself i test + for mycoplasm pneumonia; is the only on i make IGG antibodies to actually. (the rest are only Igm).

i was hopsitalized back in 99, acute illness and that was the onset or trigger or mix??

most healthcare workers are exposed to this any do make antibodies on their own (healthy folks in gereral, not if already have some other immune straining illness)

from what i have learned from my own reseach, and info from my doc's is it all depends on
how long you have had this and how your immune
system responds that determins the outcome.

and outcomes vary widely, some people can and do kick this, other find a managable place to be, and others..well..just keep on going..

the science behind this is lacking and hopefully catches up soon

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

I dont think I can get well with abx alone. I do think that the abx can help take the edge off and if I can figure out where my blocks are they can be of more use.

All I know that if I go along time without taking them, I cant walk without severe pain in my legs. In fact the pain in my legs is the WORST!

Its like someone has a fork and stuck it in my muscle and is slowlly turning it into a knot. I am not exagerating here.

I just want to take my legs off sometimes.

Advil helps but that is certainlly not the answer. I cant believe my LLMD let me on this long. But then again I dont know what else he can really do. I dont make much money to beging with. In fact I make $200 more then poverty a month.

I guess that the way they want me.

Time to go meditate on having no problems.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Anyone have any good ideas?

I know GiGi would say metal detox. I dont even know how to go about this one.

What about live blood analysis.

What about bankrupcy? I would like to get a part time job but Im in so much damn pain all the time!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I just started the homeopathic remedy set for mycoplasmas from Deseret Biologicals about a month ago.

I think it's doing something but I can't say for sure for everyone to go out & do this. I'm doing it in an experimental way with the infrared light.

I have been getting symptoms of mycoplasma infection coming up but I'm not sure if it means any healing is happening. I'll post again with any further results in time.

From what I've read - it's just more of the same run around with the abx. I don't want to be on abx all of my life...

There are some other herbal remedies you can try for this.

http://www.rain-tree.com/myco.htm

These may help if you don't want to try homeopathics & are sick of abx.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

I'm taking Deseret Biologicals as well. Not in dilutions series as sparkle, but it is for mycoplasma. I definitely had some light herxes from it. And I feel it has been a definite improvement in my health.

A practioner has to order it for you. Unless you feel pretty confident about what you are doing. Either see a practioner or have the test Sparkle had done.

--------------------
Bob

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Sparkle, I read the link what you posted on the mycoplasma. It sounds exactlly like what lyme is doing.

Its hiding in our cells, weakening them, causing fatigue and pain and not killing them but making us suffer.

Then it covers itself in our proteins, our DNA so when we try to kill it we also kill our own cells.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

What is happening when I take the Biaxin then and I feel either a herx or as if someone is "icing" my cells and my pain ceases.

I also get tingling (quite pleasant) under my skin with abx and I can "feel" more, if that makes sense. Like my nerves are cooling off and my skin feels pleasant, not painfull.

microw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for microw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mycoplasmas are cell specific in most cases. Plus, it depends on the pathogenicity of the strain, and HLA type of the host. Microw

--------------------
microw

Posts: 129 | From Toronto, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

interesting.

Basically Im trying to kill it without killing me!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

The mycoplasma remedy set from Deseret Biologicals has (I think) 6 or 7 strains. I'd have to look at it. I have read that there are 100s of strains... I also read some strains can have a 7 year cycle.

I think it's very hard to get rid of it with abx. I took abx for 8 months. Mostly doxy but I did some combinations, too. It didn't do anything for me that I noticed. It just started making me get intestinal cramps & yeast. I decided I didn't want to continue with them.

When you get a Lyme diagnosis - they don't really explain about all the co-infections. I don't think the tests are accurate - in any case... So, you just don't know what you are dealing with. Then, alot of time is wasted in not knowing & you just get more & more ill.

I'm pretty disgusted with standard medicine at this point. I don't know if it's ignorance, greed, intentional sickening of the population, or disinformation. I'm just tired of all of it.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Then sparkle what DID you do? Just take the homeopathics?

Insurance covers ABX. Thats all Im working for now.

If I take another job, my stomach and intestines might go with it because I will need to up the advil.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

I did a search for Desert Biologicals and a site came up with all Bovine products. Is this the same as what you are talking about?
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

up
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LymeHerx,

Watch the spelling and you will get the right website - it is Deseret not Desert. I did the same thing, then realized my error.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Thanks!
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

http://www.desbio.com/

Found the site, cant find the product.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I tried a million things, lymHerx... at least. No, seriously. I did the full Cowden protocol for a while. It's good. Then I started experimenting with the infrared light & homeopathics.

I can't really say if it's a cure - we all have a tough nut to crack...

You really should read this article -

THE LINKING PATHOGEN IN NEURO-SYSTEMIC DISEASES: CHRONIC FATIGUE, ALZHEIMER'S, PARKINSON'S & MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
by: Scott, Donald W., M.Sc.

http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=20000830164126

-----

You have to get the Deseret Bio remedies through a professional. This is tricky stuff. I usually go things alone but I think you really need support with this. Mycoplasmas are no joke.

It's under "series therapy"

http://www.desbio.com/series-therapy.html

(scroll down)

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

wow, I was hoping it was much simpler. Did you say again you cant take abx?
sparkle7
Member # 10397

It's not that I can't - I just don't feel they will be effective for me. There's alot of controversy about it. I'd rather try the alternative approaches.

Mycoplasmas are not a simple thing to treat. The chiropractor I used was not expensive. It's not difficult but it's good to have some guidance with this.

I wouldn't want to do my own dental work or perform surgery on myself... unless I had to.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

By the way cats claw destoyes me!

I know that this is killing the infection but I cant tolerate it now.

I have so much guilt that I didnt take cats claw on a regular basis when I was younger. I really think that it would have cured me had I kept up on it.

Stupid, stupid me. When I started sliding I just thought I had gone crazy or mad. Then it was too late, I was allready messed up and wasnt responding to anything.

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone treat mycoplasma and get better?
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both my sons tested positive for M. pneumoniae at LabCorp. My youngest son was very highly positive!

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
http://lymetimes3.blogspot.com/
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08
My mom Igenex + 11/08 & My brother Igenex + 4/09, My 2 boys some + & IND bands, clinical diagnosis 3/09 (youngest has Aspergers too)

Posts: 470 | From Painesville, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onthemend
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onthemend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was written by my Lyme doc.

He's been great for me. I tested + myco and CP, many many positive WB bands but never proper combo for CDC Lyme positive.

Clinically dxd for LD & related, treated by this doc with Doxy and then Mino, I am much better now & have my life back!

otm

Posts: 314 | From east coast | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good info.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement