LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Free floating Anxiety, Chills, Bone Pain, CFS... Is this Babs or Bart ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Free floating Anxiety, Chills, Bone Pain, CFS... Is this Babs or Bart ?
VeryNew2Lyme
Member # 18958

Icon 5 posted      Profile for VeryNew2Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, I havn't posted in a while as I've been too sick to even get on the computer.

I was just wondering which infection to treat first. I'm a little confused as the symptoms lists I've seen overlap a little.

My biggest complaints are:

Tachycardia which is worse with movement, Free floating anxiety, which can be terrible at times, shaking, chills, body aches galore, and cognative brain fog, confusion.

Does this sound more like Babs or Bart ?

If it sounds like both, can you tell me which one causes the anxiety more, as mine has become horrendous. This is what I want to treat first.

I finally found a Dr. and just looking for a second opinion before I start treatment. Hope everyone is at least fairing.

Shannon

Posts: 32 | From DC | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like bart to me..Could be mercury is you have amalagam fillings

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are 90% of the symptoms I got when I first fell ill in Oct-07. Scary stuff. My LLMD never even considered Bart when treating.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seekhelp, Bart can actually be eradicated along with the Lyme since they are both "bacterial" infections.

Shannon, I think it is so hard to truly determine which infection it is, since there is so much overlap. I once thought babs was more likely to cause anxiety, but now I believe mine is from bart or lyme.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luluMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call me crazy, but this sounds like Babesia to me...especially the chills, blody aches, and anxiety.

To me,that's classic Babs. I still have all of those sx, so I know it's not fun is it?

Hang in there!

Posts: 232 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have chills due to "fevers", then that would most likely point to babesia. Do you sweat fevers off? If so that is likely babs.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for venus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go with bart for the anxiety. I am being treated for it and lyme. I don't really have any babs symptoms that I know about.

My anxiety is insane and has been. Treating bart is making it worse too. I am hoping it will improve soon.

--------------------
Severe neurological problems. Probably sick for years. Became chronically sick in Aug 2007. Undiagnosed for another 15 months. Started treatment for lyme and bart Sept. 2008. Improving, but very slowly.

Posts: 515 | From washington dc | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do think bart too.

one thing I learned was use the relaspe timing test

12-24 hours after meds are stopped suggests a babs return.

3-7 day relaspe (and usually more gradual) suggests bart.

Lyme seems to depend on how long you've had it...for me just days...but it molts every 3 weeks they say.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may also help

Babs swims FAST in tiny circles in live blood

Barts swim in a "boomerage" like pattern more slowly then babs.

Lymes hover...the keets cause pain as the bore though you...the CWD and hatchlings I dont think can bore though things and just hover in small circles slowly.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luluMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Define "anxiety"? just curious...
Posts: 232 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic BABS, esp the tachycardia [almost always babs], chills and bone pain.

Anxiety is most often from bart.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VeryNew2Lyme
Member # 18958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VeryNew2Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Anxiety I get comes on out of nowhere and it is terrible. I get a little short of breath and my heart races. I can feel the terrible sensation in my chest. Then I start to shake a little.

I have found the 25-50mg of liquid benadryl seems to help more so than the Klonopin I was given. I have also tried Xanax and nothing compares to the Benadryl.

These are not panic attacks, I want to make that clear. I use to get them when I was younger and I know the difference.

When the anxiety comes on, I just curl up in a ball and try to ride it out until the Benadryl kicks in. Even after it's gone, the shakiness still remains.

BTW, I also shake from other things not related to the anxiety, one of which I know is to being cold. My body temp is 96.2. I have tested this digital thermometer on both my kid and my husband and they read 98.6 or right around there.

Also, just found out my Vit. D level is undetectable through Labcorp. <7 is what they report, so I was put on Vit D 50,000 IU weekly.

The anxiety seems to travel up into my head, where I can't think straight or hold a conversation. It gets so bad !!! Thats the best way I can explain it.

My husband borrowed a Rife machine from a friend and he wants to treat these symptoms first. I don't know which frequency to use as they say to start with only one frequency, thats what I'm trying to figure out here.

BTW, I'm not scared of death, I'm just not ready to die.

Shannon

Posts: 32 | From DC | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You won't like my answer to this, but I would suspect BOTH bart and babs. I know many of us are infected with BOTH.

So many of the symptoms overlap which makes it hard to always know for sure, but in my case, I have had to treat both of the co-infections and when you herx while treating one, you will start piecing together which symptoms were going to which.

I've suffered from the anxiety but have had it off and on with treatment of BOTH of these two co's. Right now, I'm only on babesia treatment and the sweats and anxeity are waking me up several times a night.

But with that said, Bart causes these same types of symptoms too.

It boils down to trying to find "the right drug for the right bug".

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out www.humaworm.com

Take a look at the symptom list. The symptoms including fast heartbeat(tachycardia) and anxiety you mention are listed here along with others. A lot of neurological symptoms as well.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement