LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » B-12 Deficiency INTRACELLULAR, but HIGH B-12 in lab tests --- Any info???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: B-12 Deficiency INTRACELLULAR, but HIGH B-12 in lab tests --- Any info???
terri3boys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12993

Icon 5 posted      Profile for terri3boys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My B-12 levels are always HIGH, like in the 2000 - 3000 levels. Never understood it.........

When my doctor thought we should check the INTRA- CELLULAR levels and see if the B-12 is actually getting into my TISSUE, it showed that I was actually DEFICIENT in B-12 and Pantothenic Acid!

Has anyone had this problem? (We did this in a specialty lab called Spectracell.)

Two doctors want to handle this issue in different ways - one with B-12 injections, the other with an "activated" oral med called Metanx.

I talked with my pharmacist about it (she's always SO helpful), and her opinion was that she dispenses the Metanx to a couple of people who claim they've had much better results with the Metanx.

Just curious............I've been putting off any B-12 supplements due to my neuro-cognitive testing that I'm doing later next week. I want a good baseline of what I'm like without it.

Any thoughts????

Thanks,
terri3boys

Posts: 268 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When hubby first got sick we sent bloodwork for the SpectraCell test and the ION panel from MetaMetrix at the same time.

I was not impressed with the SpectraCell lab -- MetaMetrix seemed much more reliable and reproducible as far as testing goes.

If I remember correctly numerous nutrients were reported as normal on the SpectraCell tests but deficient on the MetaMetrix tests.

Never heard of the Metanx.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does the ION blood and Urine test for intracellular?
Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the bugs are inside the red blood cells and eating away at your energy stores...including vitamins. I know in my blood....thats where they ALL are....hiding inside red cells. So yea, thats the deal and the explanation. So you "overdo" it with the B and hopefully enough gets in there for you, AND the evil invaders. You gotta feed first...THEN you get to eat, but ONLY if theres anything left over. Sorry.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenin98
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is on the autistic spectrum, and these kids are lacking in lots of vitamins, because the mercury they received from the vaccines has wrecked their methylation pathway. My son's b12 levels on tests is sky high, but when we did genetic testing, and ran toxic metal tests, organic acid tests, etcc, we found that the b12 is being "oxidized", and not being used by the body properly. So, he now gets b12 injections, 3 times a week, and takes sublingual tabs as well. If you google Richard deth, he explains all of this.
Jenin

Posts: 455 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terri3boys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terri3boys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all of your replies. I've been so puzzled by this, especially after we did that D-Xylose test to see if I was absorbing vitamins and nutrients.

That test showed that I WAS absorbing everything, but it still didn't make sense why my B-12 was so high. I don't take "extra" B-12 or anything to make it higher than normal.

Finally, one of my doctors suggested checking everything at through Spectracell to see what was happening at the intracellular level.

This would make sense because I do have "giant" red blood cells with holes in them......macrocytic or hemolytic anemia.......can't remember which one. I SHOULD remember after that bone marrow biopsy a different doctor did on my right hip back in 2001.

He did it right there in the examing room. I was totally unprepared for that to happen, and to experience that kind of pain.

My "baby" red blood cells don't fully mature and so my RBC is usually low. The red blood cells that do mature get all beat up and have to do the job for the ones that don't.

I always joke that there must be oxygen and B-12 and who knows what else just "falling out" of those poor big red blood cells. Maybe that's what's happening with the B-12. It's just floating around my body isn't able to use it properly.

The Metanx is an oral form of B-12 and either B-5 or B-6 that are already in some sort of activated form so your body doesn't have to do some sort of conversion? I don't remember exactly how it was explained. I'm tired of trying to think today.

I'll mention the MetaMetrix testing to my doctor and also google Richard Deth. Any other info anyone has to offer on this is greatly appreciated!

Y'all take care,
terri3boys

Posts: 268 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement