LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » my husband died - please help (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: my husband died - please help
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smjkoj,

Wow, he was so young, too young. I have read of Lyme disease victims whom they found the spirochete in the heart or brain. I don't know if they would routinely test for that.

I am 30 and have told my husband many times that if I should die to make sure they check for Lyme Disease. The word needs to be out there that this diesase does kill.

You are right in that he is free now. Out of the misery that is Lyme. You seem like such a courageous, strong woman and you took such good care of him.

Please feel free to write anytime.

May peace be with you,

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smj,

I cannot even begin to express in words how sorry I am for your loss. I hope you will take great comfort in the fact that you were all you could be for him while he was here on earth.

Your love, care and concern for him and his health were obvious in all of your posts. He was lucky to have such a strong soul supporting and loving him throughout his journey with Lyme.

God bless you and may angels hold you tight in there arms while you deal with the loss of your beloved husband.

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than stroke or heart attack one other possibility would be sleep apnea. This is a common problem Lymies have and it can kill in some cases.

So sorry for your loss.

It really makes me mad every time I read of another death from Lyme or another tick-borne illness.

Stay strong.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FuzzySlippers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzySlippers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Smj,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Karl. I can't begin to imagine what you must be going through. But please remember that we are here for you and will support you in whatever way we can during this difficult time.

May God bless you and keep you. And may you be surrounded by much love and comfort.

Fuzzy

Posts: 503 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barbarame
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barbarame     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

Kindly,
Barb

Posts: 167 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is soo sad, such a young man.

I hope these guys will find the right cause of death. It's important to know, for his peace and yours.

Bless you and your family.
Selma

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blaze
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're in my thoughts and prayers <3
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

smj,

THANK YOU for coming back and updating us about karl! wow, 34 !!! healthy 1 year ago.

this damn disease that takes so many young people who have not begun to enjoy life as i have; i'm 59, and i'm so glad i have treasured what i have to date.

thank you for giving karl's name also so we can be on alert for local newspapers in your state.

wow, your inlaws on vacation and the drive/flight back knowing their son has died.

best wishes; we are praying for you and karl! he's NOW HEALTHY and will come and visit you constantly. LOOK FOR THE PENNIES HE WILL BE DROPPING!! [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry for your loss...

I prey for you and your family.

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad your husband is no longer suffering and angry that the doctors ignored you. He was too young to die. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've written you a song. Music is included. It titled it "Living Is Dying"

I provided the lyrics alone near the bottom.

Acoustic Guitar, Strummed

Fmin-----------Fmin alt
E--0----------------0--------
B--1----------------1--------
G--2----------------0--------
D--3----------------3--------
A----------------------------
E----------------------------

Fmin----------------Fmin alt
I wish, things were different
Fmin----------------Fmin alt
I wish, that things wouldn change

Fmin --------------- Fmin alt
Like all of the seasons

C
Spring welcomes rains

F
Summers heat on the pavement

C
Falls colors change

First line of second verse
Fmin ---------Fmin alt
E--0----------------0--------
B--1----------------1--------
G--2----------------0--------
D--3----------------3--------

I wish, that I was flying
Fmin --------Am7
E--0------------0------------
B--1------------1------------
G--2------------0------------
D--3------------2------------

I was free like a dove

C
Peaceful and silent
Am
No suffering anymore
F
These dreams aren't sufficient

Cadd9
Grace
G
Won't you visit
Am
Strengh
C--------------F
Don't fail me now

Repeat first verse

Fmin------ Fmin Alt
If living, is dying
Fmin-------Fmin Alt
All lovers, loving together

C ------------------------- Fmin
Some suffer, their cross hard to bare
F
Dry your eyes, remember the good times

Cadd9
Faith
G
Won't you visit
Am
Love
C
I'll carry on

Bridge:

None yet.

Strum first two lines

Fmin ----------------Fmin alt

Fmin-----------------------Am7
I wish, that things would change

Fmin---------------Fmin alt
Like all of the seasons

C
Spring welcomes rains

F

C
Falls colors change

Conclusion

Fmin--------------------Fmin alt
Your memory, you're dark Winter waters.
Fmin -----------------------------Fmin alt
It's a bitter end, like salt of the ocean

F
It's this bitter end where the sweet begins.
C-------------------F
Once an illusion, we're one once again.

Am
With love lives our purpose,

C
I'll carry on, Because love is the motion, the movement is change

------At the word "movement" above pick notes as follows for outro:

E-----------------------3----------0----------0
B---------3--------------------1-----1--1----1
G------0----0--0------------2---2----2-------0
D-----2--2---2------0-----2------------------2
A---3------------2-----2----------------------3
E---------------3------------------------------0

Chords Of Song:

----Fmin-C---F--Am--Am7-Cadd9------G------Fmin alt
E--0----0----1---0------0----0---------3--------0--------
B--1----1----1---1------1----3---------3--------1--------
G--2----0----2---2------0----0---------0--------0--------
D--3----2----3---2------2----2---------0--------3--------
A-------3-----3----------0----3---------2------------------
E-------0-----0----------0----0---------3------------------

Lyrics Alone:

I wish, that things would change
Like all of the seasons
Spring welcomes rains
Falls colors change

I wish, that I was flying
I was free like a dove
Peaceful and silent
No suffering anymore
These dreams aren't sufficient

Grace
Won't you visit
Strengh
Don't fail me now

If living, is dying
All lovers, loving together
Some suffer, their cross hard to bare
I dry my eyes, remember the good times

Faith
Won't you visit
Love
I'll carry on

I wish, that things wouldn't change
Like all of the seasons
Spring welcomes rains
Falls colors change

Your memory, you're dark Winter waters.
It's a bitter end, like salt of the ocean
It's this bitter end where the sweet begins.
Once an illusion, we're one once again.
With love lives our purpose,
I'll carry on, because love is the motion,
The movement is change.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

MICHAEL, that was beautiful; so creative! [group hug] [kiss]
ElaineC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ElaineC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your loss...and such a young life...I am stuck for words.

May you find the comfort and strength you need.

Posts: 261 | From Herx-ville!! | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart goes out to you....I wish you peace of mind...
Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry to hear of the death of your beloved husband, Karl, at such a heart-breakingly young age.

And so very sorry that you as a young wife have to experience this overwhelming grief.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hang in there during this terrible time. I'll light a candle for you. I am so deeply sorry for you and your husband.
Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still praying for you and the tragic loss of your husband.

I just don't have the words to express myself adequately.

Wish I could be there to hold and comfort you.

Sending Angels of Peace and Comfort during this most difficult time.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear SMJ,

I'm so very saddened to learn of your terrible loss.

I truly appreciate the musical tributes that have been posted here--they reminded me of someone I knew and cared about deeply who was killed in an accident when he was about 23.

Thank you for taking care of his parents.

Thank you for caring.

Love,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shelly23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shelly23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have an update on how she is doing or what the obtoposy said

--------------------
Shelly
~ IGM~Positive
CDC Positive
23-25 +
31+++
34++
41+

I am a Dreamer, Believer, and Conquer; I will overcome this disease !!!

Posts: 382 | From Alabama Via PA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your loss. No words for something like this. We are all here for you.
Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mazou
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are in my heart and in my prayers.
Posts: 636 | From Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Words cannot express how we feel for you and yours during this time. The why's to it all have to be overwhelming.

May God give you strength and peace soon.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

she will post when things calm down. i'm guessing tonight is visitation; FUNERAL IS SAT.

her earlier post showed on autopsy but perhaps there was something else STILL TO COME, and she will post that whenever she hears and is up to it.

thoughts and healing prayers continue going your way during this stressful time! [group hug] [kiss]

sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry! [Frown] This must be so hard for you and your family. May God rest his soul. Amen.

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My continuing condolences....
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tainabell
Member # 18270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tainabell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so so sorry for your loss. Too young to die and too horrible a disease for all of us to comprehend. The love of everyone here is with you.
Posts: 55 | From New York | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please accept my sincere condolences and my wish for you to have the strength to get through these new few days and weeks I hope you do take some comfort in knowing your beloved husband is free of disease and whole again and at peace. Bless you and your family.
Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karl O. Joedicke
POSTED: February 27, 2009

Karl Owen Joedicke, 34, died Friday, Feb. 20, 2009, at his residence in Centreville, Va.

He was raised in Falling Waters and attended high school in Hedgesville and attended Shepherd College.

He also had worked for ATF in Martinsburg and was currently employed with the Department of Treasury in Washington, D.C.

He is survived by his loving and devoted wife, Stacey M. Joedicke; his parents, Ingo and Donna Joedicke, of Falling Waters; his sister, Jenine Gardner and Doug, of Hedgesville; his grandparents, Esther and Robert McCarthy and Gisela and Erwin Joedicke; and several nieces.

Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday, Feb. 28, at Church of the Holy Comforter, Vienna, Va.

The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service at the church.

Entombment will follow at Stonewall Memory Gardens in Manassas, Va.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his memory to the Lyme Disease Association Inc., P.O. Box 1438, Jackson, NJ 08527 or Church of the Holy Comforter, 543 Beulah Road, Vienna, VA 22180.

Please view and sign the guestbook at www.moneyandking.com.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

thanks tracy for posting his obituary.

now we have a chance to go online and send stacey our condolences, etc.

LDA, NJ ... great; i wandered who in lyme community she would have memorials to go to!

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just signed the guestbook. I agree Betty, I think it will be a nice gesture for us all to do that.

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

tracy, saw yours there; i could NOT get mine down to 1000 characters!! worked 20 minutes on that.

yes, then she can print out or even have BOOK BOUND all comments on karl! [Smile]

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Just beautiful, Betty.

I didnt' want to seem like we are using this for a "soap box" but I do think it's incredibly important that we are, in addition to leaving our caring messages of sympathy, also bringing light to the fact that this poor man died of Lyme Disease.

It isn't mentioned anywhere else except in the donations area.

I think we can both offer some support and spread some awareness; this guy worked for the US Treasury Dept in Washington, DC!

--------------------

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heartfelt sympathy to you in the loss of your husband.

I understand because I lost my husband four years ago. My LymeNet friends were so supportive and helped me through the difficult days. We are here for you, too.

It's wonderful that memorials will be given to help others with this dreadful disease.

May you be blessed with peace and be surrounded by love and support.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

tracy,

i read many of the posts left by co-workers! he had 2 different jobs, and i'm forgotten what they were but important since he also was a SUPERVISOR!

i'm going to copy karl's obituary and post it on DR. OZ/OPRAH request for LYME SHOW in MEMORY OF KARL!

IN MEMORY OF KARL Joedicke

Wife Stacy wrote, "Karl was only 34. Way to young to die. He started with this in January 2008. Never did we think he would be dead a year later.

I'm going to keep fighting this fight for him because no one deserves this. They did an autopsy and found no cause. They are now doing toxicology. It's such a nightmare because I want to scream at them what the cause is, but they will never listen.

Karl O. Joedicke

Karl Owen Joedicke, 34, died Friday, Feb. 20, 2009, at his residence in Centreville, Va.

He was raised in Falling Waters and attended high school in Hedgesville and attended Shepherd College.

He also had worked for ATF in Martinsburg and was currently employed with the Department of Treasury in Washington, D.C.

He is survived by his loving and devoted wife, Stacey M. Joedicke; his parents, Ingo and Donna Joedicke, of Falling Waters; his sister, Jenine Gardner and Doug, of Hedgesville; his grandparents, Esther and Robert McCarthy and Gisela and Erwin Joedicke; and several nieces.

Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday, Feb. 28, at Church of the Holy Comforter, Vienna, Va.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his memory to the Lyme Disease Association Inc., P.O. Box 1438, Jackson, NJ 08527 or Church of the Holy Comforter, 543 Beulah Road, Vienna, VA 22180.

Please view and sign the guestbook at www.moneyandking.com.

bettyg
Unregistered

I was just on memory book, and 2 others w/lyme commented also including robin123 and another one!! very nicely done ladies! [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Yes, I see Lymie Lauren commented too. I think we need to support Stacey by showing her our support coming from the Lyme community on his memorial page.

Wonderful idea Betty to send this to Oprah/Oz. Way to go!!!

--------------------

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so very sorry to hear this. my love and thoughts are with you and your family.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

tracy, i don't know if oprah's moderators approved it or not. i checked several times, and it had not showed up then.

when i get done here, i'm going back to oprah's site to read folks comments to see IF it does appear or not.

that's telling it like it is; if it does show up, i'll look for the other 2 people, 47, who committed suicide also and post there obits as well in MEMORY OF THEM.

brite7
Member # 16245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brite7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had tears when I read this. Im so very sorry for your loss (((Stacy))). My heart is with you and your family.
Posts: 56 | From SouthWest | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wildthing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stacy,

I am so sorry about your husband. Both of you have been in my prayers. Stay strong and know that we are here if you need to vent or talk. I hope you can find some peace.

Teresa

--------------------
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that When your feet hit the floor In the morning, Satan shudders & says� 'Oh ****!...She's Awake!!

WildThing
www.wildthingstodo.com

Posts: 160 | From Royersford,PA,USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

i'm going to post this again, and hopefully, it will be POSTED without the link to memory book since NO WEB SITES CAN BE MENTIONED! I forgot 1st time!

tracy,

i read many of the posts left by co-workers! he had 2 different jobs, and i'm forgotten what they were but important since he also was a SUPERVISOR!

i'm going to copy karl's obituary and post it on DR. OZ/OPRAH request for LYME SHOW in MEMORY OF KARL!

this would be post 725

IN MEMORY OF KARL Joedicke

Wife Stacy wrote, "Karl was only 34. Way to young to die. He started with this in January 2008. Never did we think he would be dead a year later.

I'm going to keep fighting this fight for him because no one deserves this. They did an autopsy and found no cause. They are now doing toxicology. It's such a nightmare because I want to scream at them what the cause is, but they will never listen.

Karl O. Joedicke

smjkoj
Member # 15241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smjkoj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting the obituary notice for me.

Someone asked about the autopsy. From what I've been told the autopsy didn't reveal anything and the toxicology is still pending (that will takes months to get).

Bea - it's funny (in the ironic way) that you bring up sleep apnea. He just had the sleep study done the night before and did have it. His shortness of breath was worse that day, so it may have been a combination of factors.

I'm going to speak with the medical examiner to review Karl's illness over the past year. This is a sensitive subject, but if the examiner still has tissue/organ samples (I have no idea if they would or not), I would like for them to be sent to a lab for lyme testing. Do you know a lab I can contact about this?

Again, I really appreciate all the kind words on here.

Peace,

Stacey

Posts: 26 | From Virginia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

STACEY, so good to see you post again, and i'm glad i had your blessings to post karl's obituary!

i haven't been to oprah's site this afternoon yet to see if they allowed it this time w/out memory book link!!

fyi, i recently had colonoscopy done, and 3 polyps were removed. i wanted to know if hospital lab still had them; took me 7-10 days. no one would outright say, YES OR NO, WE HAVE THEM!

i was going to have 1 sent somewhere for testing of something i learned about here, but my new PCP DECLINED to have it done! what will you learn, etc. so i gave up.

so based upon my conversation w/women in lab who finally said, WE KEEP ALL TISSUE SAMPLES! my guess is yes.

yes, i'd want them sent somewhere; sorry i have NO KNOWLEDGE WHERE! others will come on like TINCUP.

or send a note to ILADS contact me!! www.ilads.org ... i received an email back same day from executive elizabeth there! SHE WOULD KNOW!!

stacey, you and karl have been in our thoughts and prayers daily; now karl is looking down on you and thanking you for being an OUTSTANDING, SUPPORTIVE, AND LOVING WIFE who took on his lyme journey as a companion!

god bless you stacey and family! [group hug] [kiss]

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think IgeneX would be the best place to get testing. I called them to see if I could get info and they wondered if he had been tested before and were asking me questions that I didn't know the answers for. They said it would be good if you could call them.

There was a post somewhere on lymenet about this kind of situation. I'll look for it and post it if I can find it.

Yes, I also thought of sleep apnea because I have it and I know it can be deadly.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very sorry for your loss and the tragedies that LD has brought into your life [Frown]

My husband and I have both sent tissue cultures to MDL. You may want to call and talk to someone in the lab.

www.mdlab.com

They would be listed under vector borne diseases.

--------------------
When I feel blue . . . . . . its time to take another breath

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stacey,

Here is another possibility for testing.

http://www.clongen.com

One additional option is below -- not sure what tests your husband had so it may not be relevant. This is for research purposes.

http://www.columbia-lyme.org/research/columbia_specimen_bank.html

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stacey,
I would use both Igenex and Clongen -- Clongen has a much more thorough panel for babesia and bartonella than Igenex, but Igenex does seem the gold standard for Lyme.

You mentioned shortness of breath -- that could certainly be a cardiac issue. It could point to myocarditis or microvascular cardiac dysfunction. I hope you are able to get some answers and I hope they give some peace.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a message in October of 2007

"Dr. Paul Duray will still examine tissues for Lyme spirochetes free of charge if your family can get slices to him!!! Phyllis- pmerv- has the info on it!!!!!!!!"

This is pmerv's PM - you could ask her if this is still the case and how to go about it.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/profile/1504

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

stacey,

i was posting on our oprah thread about a dr. oz, oprah, and under our skin andy wilson show, and when i went to private message someone whose comments were outstanding; something blinked there showing I HAD PMS ON OPRAH SITE!

i never see this type of thing; invisible to me.

bottom line: i submitted karl's obituary twice; BOTH WERE REJECTED!

1st had the memorybook link on; a NO NO!

i remembered that later, so reposted it again with NO LINKS ON; again it was rejected ... protecting privacy.

so since this did not say what violation i made, i wrote harpo board, and awaiting their comments.

if you feel like it or have the time, would you write your feelings to oprah about a LYME TV SHOW since you've gone the entire route: it being diagnosed, treated, going downhill, and the sudden death. [group hug] [kiss]

big thanks; but DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED ok!
-----------------------------------------

here's the thread:

http://www.oprah.com/community/threads/101903?numResults=15&filter=newest

you do have to join, and they send you a return email to validate it. their board closes at midnight EASTERN time daily.

bettyg
Unregistered

oprah's moderator just got back to me what i did wrong when posting karl's obituary on her board.

1. at tail end, i addressed it from lymenet.org friends.

LINKS ARE NOT PERMITTED !!

2. LDA and church are considered organizations and can NOT be mentioned according to oprah's house rules! Memorial money to be given to them...

well, at least i finally know what i did wrong and why they would not print it either time i posted the 2 posts! [Smile]

kojmom
Member # 19548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kojmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been one month since my precious son died. I am so grateful for all your support to my dearest daughter-in-law. It is only through your prayers that we can survive this tragedy. My husband and I loved the peom by David Harkins and have posted at work. I would like to share another peom written by my very dear friend:

O shattered heart,
Let time and tears become the glue of mending,
Let jagged fragments once again become the shape of love.

O injured mind,
Sweet memories bind the open wounds of loss,
Let fine recall become the salve to heal.

O battered soul,
Dwell shortly in the darkness of the night,
Be not tempted by the promise of its friendship.

O valiant heart,
Defend your grief with honor,
Let life's joy be monument to your loss.

O weakened stride,
Regain your strength to walk anew with wisdom
The trodden path awaits the journey of the traveler.

C.M. HIXON 3/2/09

Posts: 1 | From Falling Waters, West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

to karl's mom,

thank you for joining our board today in memory of your beloved son, karl, who was taken way too early in life by chronic lyme disease!

our hearts go out to each of you during your deep loss, sorrow, grieving, and resentment that a dr. did NOT correctly diagnose and treat him promptly.

i'm pretty sure i attached my link to my online sympathy collection, and may you find comfort in those there!!

i'm sorry i/we didn't know him personally, but we got to know him thru stacey.

we each share your deep loss; the world is better for karl's having been here on earth. he leaves a big step for others to step into.

if you would feel like doing some active lyme activism in what lyme disease has taken from you, please do these current things going on IF you are up to it in memory of karl [Smile]

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1628

calling congress; your house reps and your 2 senators about our lyme disease bills being HELD up by the awful IDSA, infectious disease society aka infectious drs. who want to KILL OUR BILLS AGAIN!!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1584

writing oprah asking for a lyme disease show in regards to UNDER OUR SKIN lyme dvd documentary and other shows bringing out more of this huge lyme war controversy and in your case ... the loss of one so young in life and many others who commit suicide since nothing is left; they have lost everything!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1625

a special ONE day only march 28 planning session in DC on lyme disease on hoping to move our LYME BILLS FORWARD!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/8/1619?

THE DOCTOR'S TV SHOW ... a short 2 sentences, limited to words/characters requesting a LYME disease show.

this is supposed to be TAPED sometime this week..we are still waiting to here if it's tomorrow or today or moved to next week!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/8/1622?

tying green ribbons on trees, car antennaes, etc. raising LYME awareness

mom, i just wanted to let you know of some things going on that your family and karl's friends may be interested in ok.

again, THANKS for joining us today and sharing the wonderful poem written by your close friend with us all.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. REST IN PEACE KARL! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg, iowa lyme activist

TerryK
Member # 8552

Welcome Karl's mom. Beautiful poem that you posted.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so unfair that such a vital young man should be taken away from you and your family.

I don't mean to be indelicate but has the doctor put forth any explanation as to why he died?

I would find it hard to beleive that lyme disease didn't have a hand in it.

May peace and love be with you and your family in this very difficult time. AND yes, REST IN PEACE KARL!!!

Terry

rosebuds mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosebuds mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your tremendous loss.

Our hearts go out to you.

May you find some peace.

Posts: 118 | From Here | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minnie Mouse
Member # 13642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minnie Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm saddened to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and yours....
Posts: 59 | From U.S. | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement