LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tick story tonight at 8:30 & 11:30 EST on Little People, Big World. TLC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tick story tonight at 8:30 & 11:30 EST on Little People, Big World. TLC
lymeric
Member # 16465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Jacob gets a tick during a hike in Michigan." (Not sure where this post belongs.)

[ 02-23-2009, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: lymeric ]

Posts: 76 | From tolland county, ct | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know what network that is?

Never heard of the show.

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angela
Member # 16214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tlc i think
Posts: 35 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I think it's The Learning Channel.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's TLC, and I've missed it. However they usually play twice at night. I'll see if it's on before I need to go to bed.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! Be interested to know.

Did anyone see it?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were in a total quandary about what to do. Just watching it suck blood from the youngest child for a while.

Then they decided to burn the tick on his stomach to kill it. Then they used tweezers to remove but not the right way. They left the head in.

The big twin then spouts some baloney about the head going through your blood to your heart and growing back into a tick which could eat you alive. Then they got the head out.

No mention of Lyme disease at all!!!! They did not take it seriously. I just hope the kid was lucky and didn't get a tick like mine.

Also, the mom mentions she never saw a tick in before.

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh geez, that's awful. [Frown] I know this show and have watched it off and on. Maybe someone will contact them or a friend will tell them to get on abx for a short while... or at least watch for symptoms...

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote in but I also found this on their site:

Audio Messages for the Roloffs
Call TOLL-FREE 888-LPBW-ASK (888-572-9275)

Matt, Amy, Zach, Jeremy, Molly and Jacob Roloff are an extraordinary family composed of both little and average-sized people. Do you have something you've always wanted to know about them? Call TOLL-FREE 888-LPBW-ASK (888-572-9275) to leave your messages and questions for the Roloffs. We'll post their audio responses here in the upcoming weeks. Please note: For editorial purposes, your messages will not appear immediately on this page.

So I called in as well and encourage others to do the same. It could be a good opportunity.

Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement