LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » visual snow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: visual snow
heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i posted about this in a reply to a recent topic, but thought i'd start a new thread as well.

how many people have this? do you think it's lyme-related? i've experienced the world this way for as long as i can remember, and only recently have come to understand that not everyone sees the way i do. [Roll Eyes]

here is a graphic that demonstrates the phenomenon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Page1-1000-full.gif

any thoughts?

(edited to add: scroll down for a link that actually works. oops.)

[ 02-27-2009, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: heiwalove ]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, ps, i also have major ear crackling/popping problems (also for almost as long as i can remember) and some vertigo/dizziness. wondering if all this stuff is related..?

--------------------

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Piegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have visual snow. It started with all the rest of my symptoms.

I also have floaters, trouble looking at some patterns, jumping vision, if I look at something red I see green when I look away, and many other very annoying visual stuff.

ALL of it started when I got sick with Lyme. It really sucks!!!

Mary

Posts: 161 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

that's so interesting. i've seriously had this my entire life and until recently thought it was normal. i know i wasn't born with lyme, but maybe i was infected as a very very small child, perhaps even as an infant?? wow.

anyone else?

--------------------

heiwalove
Member # 6467

for some reason the link above isn't working; here's another one:

http://www.visualsnow.com/examples/pictures/index_files/page1-1000-full.html

--------------------

lovingattitude
Member # 17569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingattitude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too. It was getting better as I treated the lyme and babs, but off treatment for a few weeks it comes back.

Piegirl I also jumping vision. My eye doc explained that my brain was shutting off the information coming from one eye. As it turns on and off, my whole field of vision shifts.

I also have alot of weird visual things, but they are in my brain. My eyes are completely healthy according to the opthamologist.

--------------------
-Love and Gratitude

Posts: 69 | From another planet far far away | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Piegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my eye problems first started, I went to the eye doctor and he said everything checked out ok. I believe it is in my brain also. Or more like the way my eyes and brain communicate.

The jumping vision gets really bad when I'm trying to read or on the computer, but it happens at other times also.

The visual snow I notice mostly when inside a low lit room. Looking at a white wall can really bring it on. However, when I walk outside it gets better, but then I notice my floaters more. Just can't win. [Frown]

Oh, and I also have problems when scanning things with my eyes. This could be products on a shelf in a store or scanning a page looking for some info or even scanning an area/room looking for someone or something. This causes me to get very dizzy, disoriented, weird head pressure, and brings on anxiety.

I know it made me feel much better when I first came here and learned that other people complained of simular stuff and that I wasn't imagining it!

Mary

Posts: 161 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have alot of these things you talk about. Mainly just piles of junk from all the swollen ceels in the vitrious. My LLMD said mine is the worst case they have had with Uveitis.

Thats some achievement considering he has been treating TBIs for 20 years with over 8000 patients.

I also recently just developed a kind of shutter eye. When I bring say a cup up closed to my face my eye spazems and shutter quickly from side to side. Anyone else have this?

My problems are all inflammatory. I hope I get to the bottom of it soon. I also have extreme photophobia. AArrgghhhh...let me live damn you!!!

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement