LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Am I only one getting worse???Scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I only one getting worse???Scared
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been in treatment for Lyme and co for nearly 3 years. Some symptoms have gotten better, but the dizziness, which i thought was getting better has gotten worse. I have had the dizziness for almost 18 months and it is getting MUCH worse...for the last month it is almost unbearable. So many people on this site say "improved with treatment"...but not me. I have a great LLMD Dr H in Cali and he has me on Doxy,Suprax and Tinadozole. What is happening to me? I have brain lesions and my fear is that they are causing this and it is really MS ( as I was first diagnosed with MS) and that I have seen my last good days...not to be too dramatic...but I gather anyone reading this knows how I feel. Really scared...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does your LLMD say about this? Maybe it is one of your meds.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi lalyme,

Sorry you're so sick. Has your doctor treated you for Parasites and Worms? They are a MAJOR part of Lyme disease check out

www.lymephotos.com

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD says that it is not MS and that "we will find a way to make this better" but I am losing hope and I have a new symptom I forgot to mention: my eyes are darting around from time to time. Can't control it. And I haven't been tested for parasites or worms.
Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Just for clarification...I have been on many different meds...the combo I mentioned is just in the last few days.
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did abx for 14 mo. and just got worse.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

lalyme,

scrolling on by; sorry; many of us have neuro lyme and can't read LONG, solid block text without it being in short paragraphs and double spacing betwen each paragraph so we can comprehend and read it.

to edit, use my guidelines below ok; then you'll get more replies to your post... xox

Welcome; i'm so glad you found us!! You've come to the right place for education and support!

Dr. Burrascano's most recent "Diagnostic Hints and 2008 Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses" @

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/treatment_guidelines.html

Dr. B's Supplement List
http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

this link, making the most of your LLMD visit, may help you also.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=020605#000005

please see BettyG's newbie package info on the link below; click on link at bottom of my package. Check it out as time permits for you!

http://tinyurl.com/Bettyg-NEWBIE-PACKAGE

please go to my newbie links, copy the entire thing, and then print this off....FINANCIAL BURDENS compiled by melanie reber
print off pages 74 - 92; outstanding info there. i believe there are a few more general comments there without links!! print that off too as it's newer info from members thru their own personal, tragic experiences.

Betty's suggested POSTING GUIDELINES . many of us have neuro lyme where we can NOT read long solid block text and be able to comprehend and read it as is.

please edit your post by CLICKING PAPER/PENCIL ICON to right of your name. that opens up BOTH subject line and body text.

now please break up your WORDY SENTENCES into one sentence paragraphs. Then hit ENTER KEY ``TWICE`` after each paragraph; we need that space for comprehension.

NOTE: you do NOT have to use "", just show the name of person you are responding to, and then type your comment.

IF you need to use "", PLEASE DELETE "BOLD" CODES so it's regular type text we read vs. the DARK, HARSH/PAINFUL BOLDING. delete the first 4 characters of 2ND LINE of a ""

[QB] just delete these 4 characters, and BOLDING is GONE! my eyes will really appreciate that; it's one very bad side effect of my having lyme for 38.5 years!! xox

then go to left hand corner and mark box to receive ALL REPLIES, and click EDIT SEND

we thank you for helping us; [Wink] otherwise, we will SOB, SCROLL ON BY, since we can't read to help you. If I see posts like this, I SOB them; to hard on me.
------------------------------------------------------

People seeking doctors might be able to get help from their state online information and support group. Nearly 3,400 people belong to state groups. Some of the groups are small but more than 20 of them have 50 or more people and seven have over 100.

To find your state group, go to
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/statenamelyme

Type your state name and lyme as one word, like this -
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/newyorklyme

South Carolina is the only state that needs a hyphen between the statename
and lyme, e.g. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/southcarolina-lyme

The groups are moderated and you have to apply. Most don't allow doctor names, but once on the group, you can ask for doctors in a certain area and ask people to email you privately.

njgirl14
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njgirl14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lalyme

i am in the same position as you, can't offer any advice just wanted to let you know i share your concerns.

my dr says this is lyme, bart any many coinfections. he says no such thing as ms. i am holding on to that, sometimes by a thread.

feel free to pm me. maybe we can compare notes.

Posts: 262 | From nj | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

njgirl...will pm you. Thank you
Jill E.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just pm'd you. I have brain lesions, too, but I remember the tick bite so I know it's not MS.

Have you been tested or treated for Babesia?

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Lalyme-your pm box is full.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement