LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » help-positive culture for escherichia coli

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help-positive culture for escherichia coli
jenin98
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I had an endoscopy, which showed everything is normal. I had a positive blood test for h. pylori, treated with abx for 2 weeks, and still have symptoms, even after the endoscopy.

but then I started to have pains down in the pelvic area, so they took a culture. Now I have escherichia coli, and the obgyn perscribed augmentim. Can I take this before I get the ok with my llmd. I already contacted him, and am waiting for a response, but I am not on anything right now, except nystatin, becuase I am taking a break to let my stomach heal. But I want to pick up my perscripion.

How on earth does one get this bacteria in the private area? Can it spread from the colon and stomach, because I do have pain in the GI tract?
Jenin

Posts: 455 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
E. coli is a common infectant of the bladder. Yes, it travels from the GI tract...very easily. So I wouldn't think it would be that uncommon to go to other places nearby!

I hope you get over this very soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if under tx of LLMD def. let your LLMD know what
is going on and what was rx for it. DO make sure
you tell LLMD is e coli on culture.

as for how this happens- acually quite freq in females, all due to anatomy my dear!!

e coli is norm flora of gi track and the "wipe
from to back" is to help prevent ecoli finding
another place to dwell

there is a short distance in the female anatomy from one to the other, also can happen easily
when very sexually active (dont mean permiscuious, just even with ur spouse)

anyway, shot distance from urethra to bladder, e
coli infections tend to be VERY irritating to
bladder and if so, ask doc for a med. for
bladder discomfort.(pyridium)

if use cranberry be of mind has to be unsweetened and about a gallon daily, the cranberry concentrate tabs are much easier.

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenin98
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SInce they took a culture, that means they tested it against different abx and found which one would erradicate it, correct?
Jenin

Posts: 455 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D-mannose is the sugar in Cranberry juice that flushes out E-Coli.

The bacteria bind to mannose and they do not care if it is in your bladder wall or free floating. When they bind to the stuff you drink they flush right out with the urine.

It would be a good idea to follow up the antibiotic with the D-Mannose, or use it at the same time. Available at most any health food store.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement