LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PT Blog on Pastor Killing: IDSA Contradicts Neurology Guidelines!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PT Blog on Pastor Killing: IDSA Contradicts Neurology Guidelines!
Pam Weintraub
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam Weintraub   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/blog/emerging-diseases/200903/pastor-killing-another-act-violence-attributed-lyme-disease

Shame on you IDSA! In a situation where balance is required, extremism, including exaggeration or diminishment of a real situation, only muddies the waters and leaves everyone confused.

--------------------
Pam Weintraub
Cure Unknown
http://www.cureunknown.com

Posts: 66 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for another great article, Pam!! I love it when you tell it like it is!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gridmonster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gridmonster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spoke with a very well respected retired neuro specialty MD today. (Friend of the famiy) He is not a current practicing LLMD, but was actually heavily involved some in the first neurologic reseach in Lyme in the S.E. USA over 20 years ago and competely "gets it" when it comes to Lyme.

He said the chances that Lyme "caused" this violent event were essentially nil.

Posts: 135 | From Orlando, Florida | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me, but doesn't syphilis, which is a spirochete, cause mental illness.

Many are convinced that although Hitler had started out doing good things for the german people, his mission became sadistic and murderous after syphilis invaded his brain.

My father was a Neurologist as well as was German, and he felt this way as well.

His father was a Psychiatrist who was imprisoned for hiding the mentally insane from being destroyed by Hitler. My father was left parentless with an incarcerted father and a mother who died when he was under 10 years old.

He was shipped from relative to relative.

So, whoever cannot see the mental implications of a lyme spirochete, even in the face of brain lesions, needs a lobotomy.

Oh boy, that'll get me going.......how insane was that. Another example of fine medical practise.

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's published in journals that lyme can cause hallucinations, delusions plus other mood altering behaviors,

then what kind of EXPERT wouldn't see that a person with lyme may experience these psychotic episodes and is out of touch with reality?

Of course anyone in their RIGHT mind wouldn't hurt someone if they were in their right mind, but if they're hallucinating or are deluded, then I can see why something so tragic could happen if one isn't being treated.

Oh, where have I seen that word EXPERT? Was it someone from YALE?
[cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pam, thank you so much for speaking up so much for us.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyone, please put your comments over on that site to keep her article up in ratings as we have done on oprah's site...thanks! [Smile]

http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/blog/emerging-diseases/200903/pastor-killing-another-act-violence-attributed-lyme-disease/comments

i added my comments there as well as paulie, dcordes, and perhaps our paige??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what I posted over there:

Up until recently since reading alot of new information I thought I was a flawed person.

I would say to my fiance I didn't use to be this angry person. I was level headed, extremely patient, rational, calm loving person. Their are still remnents of this person.

But on a regular basis I yell at other drivers, something I use to laugh at in others...Yell at my family and get in these wild rages where I feel like I have completely lost control of myself. It is not a pretty site.

Then of course after comes the guilt for such behavior. It is very hard to live this way and feel out of control of your own behavior.

I beat myself up for days after. It is alot of work just to remain calm and collected and is nothing like the person I used to be.

I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It is not fun to be me most days it is a very painful both physically and emotionally to the point of wondering what is the point of it all.

Feeling sometimes like my kids would be better off without me is a good feeling to have. I know it isn't true but doesn't mean the thoughts aren't still there.

My mom just mentioned last night what used to happen with Syphillis patients and the mental ramifications. She said then they loaded them with Penicillin and pratically eradicated it. Then she asks" Why don't they do that with Lyme?" I said good question.

She also says if there is some conspiracy behind it all which sometimes I wonder...She says so why don't they tell everyone they have CFS or MS or something and treat them with the antibiotics?...

I said sounds good to me...Call it whatever you want, I'll play along...Whatever it takes to get the antibiotics works for me!

Ann in NH

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post Ann in NH.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Metallic Blue. I saw there were only 7 posts over there last night was hoping there would be more. Guess will see:)

Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The killing was premeditated and a Lyme diagnosis will never hold up in court. Even if Lyme rage did cause people to murder and I don't know any lymies that have killed anyone; I wouldn't call this act an act of rage. It was planned ahead of time and carried out; so using insanity as a defense probably won't fly.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that lyme rage would not be the lyme causing aspect of the lyme that could lead to murderous thoughts....and action.

I think lyme rage is a component of severe lyme that went untreated too long, or not properly treated, but there is more than lyme rage at hand with what lyme does to the brain

to make one have murderous or suicidal thoughts.

It is different from the lyme rage. Pam, you must know what further is caused by the neuroborrelia beyond the rage.

I have found that the rage was more of moment stuff and this was not a moment thing that passed, it was clearly premeditated.

So it would not be attributed to the lyme rage.

But something else caused by the encephalopathy or lesions or anoxia from the lyme....the thought process....prolonged psychosis....

It's clear that long term neuroborrelia and co infections changes mild mannered people and I do believe that it is indeed possible that the results of the lyme in the brain and CNS

Could lead to this act.

But not from a "lyme rage"

From the way it changes a persons thinking and personality.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement