LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone have Dr. K's kryptopyrroluria urine test? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anyone have Dr. K's kryptopyrroluria urine test?
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a babs flare detected in the brain. I'm not sure if this is related to KPU. It may have been related to emotions, because no other treatment (ozone, photons, rife, all supps) tested positive for it besides UV irradiation.

This is the first time an infection has come up in several weeks.

Maybe related to both.

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's UV irradiation? Tanning?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means removing the blood & exposing it to UV - then, putting it back into the body.

BTW - just found out the having a parasite called liver flukes can clog up the bile ducts... for what that's worth.

I think parasites are very under recognized in our culture...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've actually been passing parasites with the KPU treatment. It's exciting every time I go to the bathroom, lol. I haven't even started the Humaworm yet .... starting that this weekend.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Sparkle is right.

Man I have yet to see parasites in the toilet. Maybe I'm not looking closely enough...

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Oh ..... you couldn't miss mine if you tried ..... yeah, some of the smaller ones could pass for food .... but the bigger ones (like a 12 in worm) need help exiting.

--------------------

karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so happy about this post. I thought I am the only one with this condition. Need more time to study all the great links. Karen
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you have a sense of humor about it, six... Most people are terrified. I guess you get used to the idea after a while. I'm going to start a thread about it... to not hyjack this one.

I think most people have one or another parasite. When you get Lyme - it just tips the balance & it becomes an issue.

I don't know why people here in the US feel they are not affected.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

six--this would be your second round of humaworm right? Have you tried MMS?
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

This will be my third. One of the theories of KPU treatment is the parasites will let go after the balance is restored .... which I'm finding out already. I actually test well for Humaworm, so I'm going to give it a try.

I was also getting good results from Triphala, so I think I'll continue on that one afterward. I'm not on anything now except for support for the KPU.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Sparkle, how can I not have a sense of humor about it .... it's either that or throw up. [Smile] (My BIL who does not have Lyme did the latter when he saw his worms, LOL)

--------------------

ping
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
Good question. Don't know. Dr. K generally won't even see patients that still have amalgams so for most, this is a very first step of treatment.

Interesting that Dr. K. has taken this position. I'm reading his info. and it says to begin detox and "as the amalgams are removed", have the dentist apply chlorella on the tooth area and hold it there for 10 minutes, etc...

I'm confused now. [confused]

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is such an important aspect of treatment for most people, that Dr. K doesn't invest in patients that still have amalgams. He generally has them go off and do the basic required work and then come back to work with him once that is done. I am sure there are exceptions.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
It is such an important aspect of treatment for most people, that Dr. K doesn't invest in patients that still have amalgams. He generally has them go off and do the basic required work and then come back to work with him once that is done. I am sure there are exceptions.

Understand, and with as many pts as K no doubt is seeing, it's wise. I was just concerned that I read things incorrectly, but evidently it's okay to begin detox, even if you still have amalgams.

ping

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Answer is yes and no. Some agents are acceptable and others are clearly not acceptable if you still have amalgams. Your doctor should be able to help with that.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Dr. really has no idea about detox; that's why I'm following Dr. K's protocol. Figure after the P&B shake, I'll start Chlorella without the cilantro for a while and am on a high protein regimen. Will add cilantro very gradually, on Chlorella is at full dose.

ping

--------------------
ping

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Following the protocol when you don't fully understand it is unwise. I would find a doctor that can help you. If you go to a mechanic that does not know how to change oil, you find someone that can.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

ping
Member # 6974

Appreciate the heads-up, but no Doc available in my area. Tried to get RN via recommendation from Dr. K. who does phone counseling, but no return call as yet.

Doesn't sound like anyone completely understands these protocols, else so many questions wouldn't be flying around. Figure I'm pretty much on my own, just like most everyone else here.

ping

--------------------
ping

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I've definitely hit the immune activation part - body aches, sore throat, upset stomach, weakness, runny nose, etc. I guess I'm making progress?

--------------------

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

hey six,

great to hear you're having good results! mind if I ask how much EPO or borage you're taking?

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

The results don't feel so good right now!!

I'm taking 3000 mg. of EPO.

--------------------

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Haha you know what I mean. We have twisted ideas of what feels good when you don't remember what feeling good feels like.
sparkle7
Member # 10397

ping - There are people here doing it on their own. You are not the only one.

Natropathic doctors are illegal in the state where I live. They can be sentenced to 1 year in prison & a $500 fine if people are caught practicing Natropathic medicine - with or without a license. The state will not issue licenses to anyone for this type of practice.

I also do not have alot of money to spend on this sort of thing in any case. I just try to do the best I can without alot of doctoring from an MD.

Keep up with it, six... I hope you will get through being in the trenches soon. I'm going through my own particular hell today. I do think I'm improving, though. I may want to try this protocol in time if I test for it.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Yeah, I know what you mean! I know it's a good thing. I feel like I have a virussoup .... every virus I've ever had kind of thing. I know it's good that my immune system is kicking in .... but I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Hubby and I are talking about taking some of our kids to Chicago to be tested by the Pfeiffer Clinic. That's the closest I can find. I fit the genetic profile and so do many of my relatives, so this answers a lot of questions for us. I think it's worth having my kids tested. My teenage son was thrilled to hear there might be something natural to help with his anxiety.

But as it is now, I'm doing this on my own. For me, I'm willing to take the risk. But for my kids, who are relatively healthy but show the pyroluria symptoms, I want to have them tested and their treatment overseen by a physician. We all have to weigh the risk/benefit of self-treatment. I understand Scott's concern, but some of us do it anyway on our own.

--------------------

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Any doctor can order the tests.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Yeah, but how do you find one who will?

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I'm not being flippant, I seriously want to know. I never even found a doctor who would work with my LLMD. I can't find anyone here to help me with any of this ..... I would LOVE to know how to go about finding one.

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six, Would your LLMD be open and willing to learn about this protocal? I am also concerned about people doing this without a Dr. If this protocal helps a lot of people, many more Dr's will be doing it, hopefully.
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sparkle7:
[QB] ping - There are people here doing it on their own. You are not the only one.

Sparkle7 - Thank you so much. Hang in there. I can't afford too much MD either; after 5 yrs. hard-core abx and 2 yrs. maintenance abx, time for me to detox and find out what's going on.

Thanks again!
[Smile]

ping

--------------------
ping

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Healing, that is a good idea for me, but I am more concerned about getting my kids tested at this point. I live in Ohio and my LLMD is in NY. I haven't had an appt. since last Nov. when I got back from Germany (they said to call to set up an appt when I needed one, but as long as I was doing well, I didn't need to call).

It's easier for me to take them to Chicago than NY and my past experience with my LLMD is that he's marginally open to new ideas that I might bring up, it would be a really tough one to get him to do, I believe.

Thanks for the idea.

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

ping - I know it's difficult but it can be done. I wasted too much time on doctors who didn't know what they are doing plus I went through all of my savings.

I have been ill for 13 years. For 9 of them I didn't know I had Lyme... Since I have been ill & not able to work much, I have spent years researching how to get well.

Everyone is different. We have to be cautious about what we do but for me I have been so ill that I needed to do something, anything...

I experimented on myself & sometimes it was harsh & I became very ill. I think I've finally cracked it, though. I will know more in time.

Everyone is different & we need individualized treatments. I can't tell others what to do. They may have a completely different constellation of symptoms than I do.

I'm not sure how dangerous this kryptopyrroluria situation is. I'd have to research it more thoroughly.

I believe that if we are very careful, we can successfully self treat.

ping
Member # 6974

Sparkle - It's terrible that Lyme pts have to be so desperate for help. I'm fortunate because, as the guy in the movie said, I found docs that soaked me in abx else I wouldn't be here today.

As for kryptopyrroluria, I'm not overly interested in it at this time, more interested in plain, ordinary detox. I also understand the experimentation principle, as no one is going to care for you more than you; that's just the way it is and I wish you complete success.

Please touch base with me from time to time; PM or otherwise post. I'd like to know how you're doing.

Hang in there, friend. [hi] [group hug]

ping

--------------------
ping

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Yes, I did the abx for about 8 months but they were making me too ill. By then, it was probably too late. I'd already been ill for 9 years (at least).

Some people tough it out with abx but I just didn't feel like they were really going to do it for me.

So, I keep trying different things to see what will help. It's sort of like peeling an onion. You just have to get through the layers of dysfunction - genetics, epigenetics, toxins, pathogens, toxins from killing pathogens, mercury... It's a long & winding road.

Hopefully we will all get through it.

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six your mailbox is full.

All..

How would a doctor monitor PKU therapy? Testing for which metals are released and how to best chelate.. and provide proper chelation?

Scott..

I've been told by all three of my doctors, including the chelation specialist that I am not ready to hav my amalgams removed. This might change now that Myers cocktails and glutathione IVs have helped my tremors go away.. ?? I would hope Dr. K would provide initial support for people like me..

I am grateful for what I have and spent a lot of time finding the people I have and they are not well known LLMDs.. one is an open minded GP who is familiar with lyme, another focuses on preventative med and IV therapy and another an alternative who is somewhat lyme aware.

Non of them is PKU literate. I bet you can put the number of doctors who are on the head of a pin. This is scary for some of us. Maybe the doctors who are will put out more indepth info so we can share it with our doctors,,, the ones who are open to it.

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

R62, I cleared it out.

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone with darker skin doing the protocal?
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

From what I've read, if a person has darker skin, they will likely be one of the lighter ones of their family. So, I person who is black can have it, but chances are he/she will be lighter colored than the others in his/her family.

I'm the palest in my family. My mom is pale. Three of my kids are pale. Not dark here .....

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Thanks six, now I remember reading that somewhere.I am very pale also.Just asking for people I know with dark skin that have lots of symptoms. How are you doing? Actually, how is everyone doing?I have been in lots of pain and extremely exhausted. My MD gave me a Meyers cocktail w/glutathion, yesterday and it really helped.What a relief.I am still ramping up on small doses. My Md has quite a few peeps that have tested positive. I bet there are more than we can imaging that have KPU It affects lots of chronic illnessnot just us lymies. Healing Blessings Joyce
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I'm finding it definitely shakes things up. Have felt that metals and other toxins are really stirred up with the KPU protocol - exactly as I was warned. Hopefully, down the road, the benefits will become more evident.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am medium skinned and tan..not burn in sun. But did test positive for KPU.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

I agree Scott. And yes, benefits will be wonderful.Hope they come soon. Thanks Lymeparfait. How are you doing? I have also found that Organic Boneset tea is helping a lot with symptoms. Read about it in Healing Lyme by Buhner Good for Bart Babs,colds & flu.Its a pretty bitter taste but helps so much pacificbotanicals.com 541-479-7777 I receive no $ from this company.
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My zyto has this as not a pressing issue, thank goodness. Guess that doesnt mean it wont become one.
Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

R62, Confused with what you wrote. What is Zyto, and what is not a pressing issue? KPU? I'm a bit in la la fog land. LOL
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Hi Healing..

Zyto is a form of Electrodernal Screening (EDS). Its like computerized kinesiology.

My numbers were below the level of concern.. which means it is not registering as an possible issue to day. The only way to really know is to do the urine test and I would if it was registering in the more concerning numbers.

When my son was muscle tested, babesia came "energetically." It also came up as not needing treatment.. could be he carries it, it is under control my his immune system, its not stressing the body. The zyto picks up on what is stressing the body or what zyto calls "stressors."

I dont know how it was programed to pick up KPU.. so I dont know what the "reading" means excactly.. I do know the zyto revealed I have more issues than I knew (well I knew I had huge gut problems and suspected it) and that as long as KPU is not showing as as significant stressor, I have enough on my plate otherwise like fixing my wrecked gut and looking into brucella as a possibly problem. Never tested for that one. It was higher than Bb.

Maybe someone will come along who can explain better than me.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I'm doing well on KPU. It seemed relatively easy for me to adjust ... don't know why. I seemed to have a detox reaction for the first couple weeks. That let up and I felt great for about three days, then my immune system kicked in. I had symptoms of many different viruses - runny nose, throat hurt, body aches, diarrhea, stomach ache, etc. Stuff you don't normally have all together.

That lasted several days then I felt better.

After three weeks on the protocol, I started Humaworm. I wanted to start it as soon as I could because it makes me feel bad and I wanted to have as many weeks of it under my belt as possible before the kids get out of school. So, I feel bad again.

I did another liver cleanse yesterday/today so I'm just pulling out of that. The first one I did had amazing results as far as helping with symptoms of being on KPU treatment. Today I was shocked at all the sludge. Hopefully, this will help with the detox I need for the Humaworm.

The biggest change has been emotionally. I've mentioned it before. The other day my husband and I were in what normally would have been an emotionally heated argument, but it was just a discussion.

After it was over he said it was the weirdest thing. He said he couldn't believe I didn't get upset, that whatever these supplements were that I'm taking, it's really made me different, noticeably different.

--------------------

lymeparfait
Unregistered

I dont seem to be having any symptoms from the KPU protocol yet. At first I had a few days of leg pain, but it went away. May not be related to KPU.

I still feel that I am not detoxing. I have been feeling very inflamed, but this has been going on for several months. Those feeling have not subsided.

I did a HC liver flush, and did get constipation relief after...and still ok now.

Also doing the AI drops...but no reactions during or ending this round #2.

lymeparfait
Unregistered

How is this going for everyone?
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Great for me. I seem to be through the worst of it. I am feeling better and others have noticed the changes in me emotionally. I'm a lot less anxious and handle stress better.

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been having some rough days,but today seems a bit better.I slept 10 hours which probably helped. I am still slowly ramping up my dose. Still on small doses that are still rough. I cannot imagine me taking the big doses everyone else is doing. I just listened to the cd that Scott posted of Dr K and it is very good.Glad I bought it. Its called Treatment for lyme without abx Lots on KPU. From Apr 24-26 convention 1-800-468-0464 or www.treefarmtapes.com
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Forgot to say, every time I increase dosage symptoms get intense. I hope more people will look into this. I think I suffered a lot do to the KPU problem.Never ending herxes for 4 yrs. Actually 27 yrs but worse the last 4 yrs.
diana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Healing-what dosage are you up to? Are you referring to just the zinc a being a problem to tolerate?

Diana

Posts: 202 | From vancouver, canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I'm on 210mg of zinc and definitely the pot is being stirred. Energetically, I am still in the metal and toxin dumping as a result but also infections are testing strongly now which suggests that I am moving into the immune activation phase as anticipated. Will take more time to really see how this goes. Proceed with care and caution. It is not an easy protocol.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

SForsgren
Member # 7686

http://www.klinghardtneurobiology.com/KPUprotocol.pdf

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Thanks Scott.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Woohooo!! I just found a chiropractor who will work with me on this! He thought I'd be an interesting case. [Smile] He'll test my kids, too!! (He can do all the blood work).

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Hi Diana, I am doing under 50 mg of zink, B6, Pyr-5-phos,EPO,Manganese along with a multiple vit mineral,E,and my Cal mag C has some zink and maganese. This has all been energy tested for me. I feel its the whole protocal that is rough. I am also taking Niacinamide for anxiety. I felt pretty bad again today. Coffee enema and foot bath helped,also Reflexology. All I do myself Six,so glad you found someone to help you and kids.Take care everyone Joyce
lymeparfait
Unregistered

I went off while doing the liver detox, now starting back on the protocol. Anone else take a break then start back? Am I in for problems by taking this break?
lp

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Scott,

Thanks so much for Klinghardt's link. And, I'm glad to see it's pretty easy. Since kryptopyrroluria is a secondary coproporphyrinuria (one category of porphyria) I've added this thread and that link to the Porphyria thread below.

Here's a link for a full range of the porphyrias.

If porphryia is a concern, a urine test may not be enough and can miss some forms of porphyria. But porphyria tests are very tricky and anything along the way to help identify these problems with liver metabolize are welcome. If more information is needed:

-----

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/87840?

Topic: Porphyria

(with links to porphyria organizations, medicine charts for C P-450 meds, etc.)

-

[ 12-14-2009, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Hi Lymeparfait, I remember, I asked my MD if this protocal could be pulsed, and he said no. I didn't go into it further. I am having a pretty rough physical and emotional day and would sure love to take a break.Stress is not helping. Going to see if my md can give me a glutathion myers push to relieve some of the pain etc. Did you feel better when you stopped the protocal? Joyce
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I wouldn't think it could be pulsed. If we really have this, then our body is deficient in these vitamins/minerals/EFA's. It would be like one of us who is anemic skipping their iron.

However, when I do a Hulda Clark liver cleanse, I do not take the minerals that day, nor do I take my iron. I do take them the second day once I start eating solid food again.

Hang in there, Joyce, when you get through, you'll be amazed!

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Thanks Six. Waiting to be amazed. 27 yrs of hell is enough.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Yah, I know ..... been sick a long time myself. It's WEIRD to be feeling well. It's even weird to my husband, who continually asks if I'm okay because he thinks I should be crashing being busy day after day all day long.

--------------------

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Get your zinc and copper levels tested soon. You don't want to ignore that.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Scott, I recently came across this website for Depyrrol in English. The Depyrrol has 210 mg of zinc gluconate, but that only translates into 30 mg of elemental zinc, which is still within the tolerable upper intake levels according to the NIH. I was pleased to discover this info. [Smile]

It might also explain why I kept "craving" two pills, but when I only took one, I craved pumpkin seeds instead. Now I'm craving neither, but for three days I thought I was going to start growing pumpkins out my ears.

http://www.webvitaal.nl/english/product_info.php?products_id=247

http://ods.od.nih.gov/FactSheets/Zinc.asp

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Six, I am sure that must feel weird to feel so well. I get a taste of it every once in a while. Its like the real me pops out,no pain,no exhaustion,emotions level, happy,hopeful,positive I actually laugh which surprize's me,I don't laugh much anymore,eye sight better. This only lasts a few hours,longest was a day.Has not happened in a looooooong time, sorry to say.What a journey. Nice to connect with you. I am happy for you,gives me hope. Joyce
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I've actually asked that of my practitioner, and they indicated that the 210 in Depyrrol was the correct amount for KPU. So it is still a high dose as I understand. I'll revalidate.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Yeah, it's high, but it's still within the limits of "safe", the NIH talks about copper deficiency at higher doses .... up to 40 mg per day is safe for someone older than 19. We need to keep in mind what's in other supps, but I'm not on much else right now and nothing else with zinc.

I'm just glad the correct amount IS within "normal" range .....

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Scott,Were you meaning me or Six to get zink and copper tested ? Thanks J
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, I'll be starting on the KPU soon too... I still keep testing for 'no need for zinc, no need for manganese', but if I re-state the question to 'do I need zinc to help me detox heavy metals' I get a strong yes...

My doc tested for all ingredients of the KPU protocol and they all test as helping me detox...

So there I go....
---

Just a question, there are 2 types of Depyrrol, one is Kind (for kids) and the other is Plus (which my doctor suggested for adults).

Plus contents are approximately double from Kind (except for magnesium, that is almost 3x for adults).

Are you all on Plus?

---
Is there a place where I can buy both Depyrrol Plus + Vit B12 (METHYL cobalamin)? Or do I have to shop in different shops?

Thanks!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a shop, no need to write... it's webvitaal.nl.
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Was referring to Six, but anyone on it should be getting tested.

I am on Depyrrol "Basis". The zinc is about the same in both I believe between Basis and Plus.

Plus:
Pyridoxaal-5-fosfaat 50 mg
(elementair 33,5 mg Vit. B6) 1.675 % ADH
Pyridoxine-HCL 24,4 mg
(elementair 20,01 mg Vit. B6) 1.000 % ADH
Zinkgluconaat 210,5 mg
(elementair 28,5 mg zink) 190 % ADH
Mangaangluconaat 83,4 mg
(elementair 9,6 mg mangaan) 192 % ADH
Magnesiumgluconaat 535,6 mg
(elementair 30 mg magnesium) 10 % ADH

Basis:

Pyridoxaal-5-fosfaat 50 mg
(elementair 33,5 mg Vit. B6) 1.675 % ADH
Pyridoxine-HCL 10 mg
(elementair 8,2 mg Vit. B6) 410 % ADH
Zinkgluconaat 210,5 mg
(elementair 28,5 mg zink) 190 % ADH
Mangaangluconaat 41,7 mg
(elementair 4,8 mg mangaan) 96 % ADH

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

I have the test here. Am unclear.. do you refrigerate the urine. Directions from Dr. K do not say to, but I want to make sure?

Do you start with the absorbic acid to the first urine collection?

I would assume stir at end and then just pour from the top, not midstream or end of orange juice container?

Sorry if I am being dense here. Just want to make extra sure.

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

up.. thanks
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

I have the test here. Am unclear.. do you refrigerate the urine. Directions from Dr. K do not say to, but I want to make sure?

Do you start with the absorbic acid to the first urine collection?

I would assume stir at end and then just pour from the top, not midstream or end of orange juice container?

Sorry if I am being dense here. Just want to make extra sure.

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Hi R62, Wish I could help you, but I did not do the lab Dr K uses.My Md took my sample in his office and Quest Picked it up and sent it to Bio-Center Lab in Wichita, Ks. Test was covered by medicare. My info says if test is borderline & you have symptoms u should definitely try Pyroluria for 6 weeks. It may be that u need a lower protocal or your stress level was exceptionally low at time of test.IMPORTANT Do not take B6or zink 1 week before test. No caffeine for 24 hrs. Joyce
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement