LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » oxybabe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: oxybabe
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
engaging in merciless begging here:

pleeeese don't go.
how disheartening for the rest of us.

i understand this is about your work, but perhaps you can reconsider, because it was really only one poster who seemed to glom onto the need to harass you like that.

i'm pretty disgusted with that thread directed at you, and the one toward scott, because above all they were posed as tactless attacks.

it really sucks for the rest of this community and the "cause", if you will, to loose great, active contributors
as a result of untoward actions by one or two people.
the moderators weren't around to remove the threads sooner.

besides...(on a selfish note) i haven't been able to come on here for months due to my son's illness, and i really wanted to read your continued impressions of PE1, homeopathy, and various other topics.

you're unique, i certainly don't always agree with you, but at the very least you always spur me to view things from many angles.

well, that's my plea.

no matter what you decide, i have truly benefitted from your presence over the years.

mo

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, me too. I didn't want to contribute to the other thread -- it would just keep on forever! I'll be kind and assume it was originated by a bout of Lymieness.

I have great respect and appreciation for all that you've contributed, and I hope you'll pop back in -- or let us know where you are posting so we can get your perspective from time to time.

At the same time -- how wonderful that your life is moving forward in such a positive, productive way. Congratulations! I too am returning to work I love, slowly but surely, and it's marvelous. And I'm on Lymenet less and less, now that Lyme no longer dominates my every breath.

(I've been using some gemmotherapy treatments, among other things, and I'm really impressed so far).

Best of luck and thanks for all the fish...

PS -- and Mo -- you and your children are in my thoughts. My best hopes for you all.

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I was going to stay out of it all, but I don't want to just not say anything when I see something going on that just isn't right.. I see a saddening trend here against long time members and it is unfortunate.

My name is new but I am not a newbie. I have been struggling with Lyme disease for over five years and have been apart of this board off and on for that long as well. I have learned alot from long time members and feel it is a shame to push people away from this site.

Especially people with so much to offer. We have enough of a battle on our hands just having this disease. This site should be a safe haven. Let's take special care to be kind to one another. We are all in this fight together.

Take Care,
Ann

[ 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: lakes592 ]

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't want to prolong the discussion on that other thread either.... but this really stinks.

I do hope you will reconsider posting here, Oxy.

One of the strengths of LymeNet is the diversity of treatments, experiences, and opinions. It's all about balance: Information made available right here at LymeNet on a variety of topics related to an illness we all share.

The thing is..... I can't see any reason for you to go, Oxy. There are several people here whose names and professions are known, and for the most part, that doesn't have a huge impact on them, personally, or on the forum.

Besides, with the level of brain-fog associated with our common illness(es), half the people who know anything today will have forgotten it 2 months from now. [Smile]

I'm just saying..... don't feel you MUST leave the board. If you WANT to go - for whatever reason - well, then I can respect that and wish you the very best. (And I still hope you will change your mind.)

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, I didn't want to add anything on the other thread, was hoping it would just die, like the thread about Scott.

Please come back...we miss you already =)

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
truth said:

"Besides, with the level of brain-fog associated with our common illness(es), half the people who know anything today will have forgotten it 2 months from now."

this is true.

[Big Grin]

i agree lakes and hey there mino!

it is very saddening.

m

[ 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Mo ]

--------------------
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To prove a point: What do you do again Oxybabe??

See! I ALREADY forgot [Big Grin]

To be honest, two months is a heck of a stretch - I can't remember what was going on two minutes ago!

That being said, I'll beg along with the rest of them - Pleeeease don't go. You're needed here and we all admire and respect you. I do hope you'll change your mind....

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i'm quite peeved about the recent postings.

lymestop really crossed a line into harassment by making a public
push to invade privacy.

even assuming the interest would pass, i can see where that could force a member out.

imo posts like that and the one troutscout posed toward scott,
(and a few others i've seen recently) should be met with some kind of sanction placed by moderators.

perhaps at least a temporary banning on the poster with the condition that, if they are allowed back, they refrain from
this kind of harassment in the future.

that's what it is, pure harassment. it's far from an innocent question when posed in such a manner.
if a member has anything along those lines to say, pm or email is available.
when you make it a public post for all to see, it's slanderous.

the poster is making a direct attempt to stir up a virtual lynch mob using publicity as a weapon. the damage is irreparable if it drives a member to leave the board.

anyway, i should make this a different post.
i still hope o2babe is back one day.

~ m

[ 03-23-2009, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Mo ]

--------------------
-- anais nin

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh.... we might be a tad more convincing if we could perhaps refrain from using a name other than Oxy or O2babe, ,etc..... (That edit button comes in pretty handy.)

[Big Grin]

A good rule of thumb: If a user doesn't put their real name anywhere in their own posts on a public board, then assume that they don't want that name used.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonestartick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonestartick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always known O2 to be someone who is reasonable and who asks thought provoking questions. In the years that I have known her here, I have really grown to value her many contributions.

She also adds some much needed balance as a result of her own tremendous experience with alternative treatments. That is something that is of great value to those Lyme patients who simply cannot tolerate antibiotics. People like myself who tolerate and who benefit from antibiotics don't always appreciate the depth of that patient group's struggles the way she has.

It will be very sad if Lymenet loses her because there are those who wouldn't respect her need for privacy. It is troubling that anyone would force her to choose between her privacy and her profession over her dedication to helping her fellow patients.

I sincerely hope that those who insist on outing others simply because they may disagree with them, would stop to think about how that may impact someone else's life - whether they choose to remain private for personal or professional reasons or as a matter of their own personal safety. That is not a decision that anyone of us should make for another without understanding the potential ramifications for that person.

O2 - it saddens me to see you go. Please know that your contributions here were very much appreciated. Hopefully, as others have suggested, you will eventually be able to return under another moniker. If not, then it's Lymenet's loss.

Wishing you all the very best.

Posts: 487 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oxy - If you are reading this... maybe take a break for a while & come back soon!

I for one have appreciated your objectivity as well as your interest in alternative approaches.

I don't know what it is but tempers flare here & we all don't feel well which can make things worse. People get suspicious & sometimes it's for a good reason.

We don't all know each other & it takes time to see who we agree with & who we don't like. I hope you will come back after this cools down a bit.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll miss ya too...
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oxy, I had the thread closed out of respect for you. If you leave I'll be really ****ed. Get your abrasive, rationalizing, devils advocate playing, scientific minded, *** back here.

Don't make me beat you with a 40th Edition Gray's Anatomy book, I swear to god.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must have missed it! What happened to oxybabe?
Metallic Blue just summed it all up for me! I missed why you left. I know we dont always agree about stuff but all opinions are valued! Do I have to go get Russell Crowe as Gladiator to come get you? lol Well take care and good luck regardless.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spoke to her. Her reasons for not contributing to the discussions further (posting) are reasonable. I won't get into the details of our discussion, but suffice to say she'll be around if needed and she's going to be working on a variety of issues that are crucial to all of us.

So, don't miss her too much, she'll still be haunting us all. [Smile]

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pigwit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pigwit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oxy, I like your style and the way you cut through the fog. It will be a big loss if you don't post here anymore.

Pigwit

Posts: 158 | From Ecuador | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oxy, I don't know what happened, but I do hope you don't go!!

I'm glad I have your email, anyway!!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

i second that oxygenbabe's reasons for not posting further are reasonable, and totally understandable.

it's the posters on attack mode toward other members that is outrageous, and often results in an outcome as unfortunate as this.

oxy being around contributing otherwise is great and comforting, but there will be a void in the discussions here without her!

i echo lymestar tick, quote:
"I sincerely hope that those who insist on outing others simply because they may disagree with them, would stop to think about how that may impact someone else's life.."

this has impacted all of our lives on the board.

mo

--------------------
-- anais nin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement