LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Scabs on Head - Anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scabs on Head - Anyone?
brf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone get these scabs or sores on your scalp?

Is it connected with Lyme, co-infections or something else do you think?

One member in the family who gets them has been diagnosed with Lyme, mycoplasma pneumonia, HHV6 and active EBV. No testing has been done for co-infections but he certainly has strong symptoms of Babs and Bart.

Thanks

Posts: 191 | From Ontario | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started to get them when I was doing some very strong herbs. These are parasites pushing their way out.

After 3 yrs of tx (I have been doing salt/c) they are almost gone. Check out

www.lymephotos.com

Parasites and Worms are a MAJOR part of Lyme complex. I was originally dx with Lyme, bart, babs and erlichia.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i get them. not all the time and not bad...but i wonder about them. i know i am fighhting bart and llmd thinks i have babs so start to fight that next

i did have a pos test for myco-pne...but llmd did not want to tx (?????)

don't think i have been tested for virus

i know two others who have them

one a lymie...his are like mine. come and go - not bad

the other not dx with lyme but the scabs are huge at the tops of bumps and they have a name...the primary called them something-no one txs them-they just let them be,...say they are not serious-sorry can't think of name

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get them, too. And I was positive for all the bugs mentioned.
Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosebuds mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosebuds mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my daughter has had them for a while now. Comes and goes.
Posts: 118 | From Here | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonicbmx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonicbmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got them good when i began Zith (Sep07).. lasted 3-4 wks. it was difficult to comb my hair at times.

i've had SUPER sensitive spots on my scalp for at least 15 yrs.. perhaps Lyme & co was the cause was.

i have Neuro Borrelia and Babs.. all seems to be under control now.
--
sonicbmx

--------------------
"The hell with Drs.. we have each other!"
My story began here:

http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=16210
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7833
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=6873

Posts: 127 | From Van Nuys, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have them and I too think they represent bugs coming out of the body, maybe trying to escape a toxic environment. For me they seemed to really start with Babesia treatment. I've put various topicals on them for both Lyme and Babesia and have actually herxed from it. The topicals I've used include bee venom ointment (Venex) Artemesinin gel, MMS solution (just once this week for the first time) and others.

But it seems to have gotten much better recently with oral Babesia treatment. For a while my scalp didn't bother me much at all, but recently I started getting them again.

Patti

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to know we're not alone.

Honestly I don't know what I'd do without this site.

Posts: 191 | From Ontario | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smartfast
Member # 18261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smartfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have these ... I am almost positive I have lyme due to my other symtoms. They are almost like blisters or whiteheads. Except they stay sore before and after the whitehead for quite a few days.

Great to hear that this is a common aliment among us. That just adds more power to my clinical diganosis , which is coming VERY soon. [Smile]

Posts: 9 | From Long Island, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one in aprox the center of my head. I had it since a few months after getting sick. It grows and shrink and bleeds and heals. Its constantly in flux. Pressure on my head makes it hurt like crazy and gives nerve pain all throughout the body and other odd pain sensations.
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, had them for years. Usually at the base of my skull.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scabs and lesions on my head seems to correlate with whats going on in my small intestine. There is a direct relationship between the head and intestine.

I really try and pay attention to this. As I mentioned before above, these scabs are parasites. I know, because I have dug them out and you can see the tail.

The more my infections in my intestine leave, so do the scabs/parasites. According to some info I read, they have an affinity for the head and as the infection leaves so do these parasites.

Even if you are not interested in the salt/c protocol, you might want to read what the authors wrote. It is very informative.

www.lymephotos.com

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelmo, fyi, that spot at the base of my skull has gone away w/babesia treatment. I still have some other scabs on my scalp, but not like before.

Patti

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, I don't want to see worm poop photos, I'll take your word for it.

I can't believe there isn't a person alive that doesn't have a body full of organisms.

You can't live on this planet without sharing with the critters.

Patti, I've never been treated for babesia, and I haven't been positive for it. But, I know I have something going on that wants to get out via the scalp.

Because I'm not disabled ill, my doc just does minimum treatment for me. Plus, I can't go to herx city with all the responsiblities I have.

Maybe someday. Glad yours have improved.

Thanks
Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Kelmo, FYI.

Those are very professional photos and are not offensive at all like you are suggesting.

The written material is very informative for those who want to learn something. I receive a lot of pms from people who have an interest in finding answers.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the size of your sores/scabs? When I get them (mostly when I use herbs/NP drops) they are the size of acne.
Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rose1936
Member # 19610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rose1936     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brf:
Does anyone get these scabs or sores on your scalp?

Is it connected with Lyme, co-infections or something else do you think?

One member in the family who gets them has been diagnosed with Lyme, mycoplasma pneumonia, HHV6 and active EBV. No testing has been done for co-infections but he certainly has strong symptoms of Babs and Bart.

Thanks

Posts: 4 | From culpeper, va | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rose1936
Member # 19610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rose1936     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I do, I have them in my scalp as wellas on my abdomen area. Or maybe that is different. I get red sores on my abdomen that hurt as well as the sores on my scalp. Boy I thought I was alone in this. I have so much of what everyone else has. Why do we have such a problem with the medical field? Do they really think we make this stuff up. It just drives me nuts. Hang in there. I have babs and bart. !!!!!!!
Posts: 4 | From culpeper, va | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

I also have/had a few on my abdomen. I have had some come out of my breasts. They are parasites!!!

About 3yrs ago I had them on my back under my shoulder blade where they appeared to be shingles, but the dried up. I also had them on my tush.

I don't know which co-infection they would be identified with. I was dx with babs,bart, erlichia and Lyme. I have had Lyme misdiagnosed for over 25+ yrs.

They only started to surface about 3-4yrs ago. I went to a dermatologist about 4yrs ago(chief of dermatology at a large teaching facility)

In front of 2 residents he said I was scratching myself and causing the scabs and announced with a smug smile on his face that I needed a psychatrist.

I followed him to the door and said "WHAT EVER WOULD POSSESS YOU TO SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY, HOW DARE YOU" With that he came back in and wrote me a few scripts for antifungals. What pompous jerks!!!

These doctors are an abomination to society and don't have a clue as to the real nature of the causes and cures of most diseases especially Lyme,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Gert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this horribly bad....Mine would be hard pimples, sometimes itch and sometimes hurt. Some would break open with the lightest touch to them. Mine were the size of acne.

I "think" mine were from yeast though as when I treated for candida/yeast these went away almost immediately.

I did have a very bad outbreak once on my scalp but it was more of an itchy rash and LLMD told me it was the bacteria coming out.

To this day I still get horrible headaches. Not sure what is going on in there.

Posts: 261 | From NW Pa ~ Crawford County | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my dad has had these ongoing, I have not. He has been doing salt/vit C for about 6 months, they increased a lot; but, he just told me they have started to decrease over the last few weeks. Anyway, you're not alone! TS
Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast may be an issue as well. I get itching and such on my scalp when yeast rears its ugly head.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement