LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Come & wish belated birthday greetings in support for my 60th yesterday! :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Come & wish belated birthday greetings in support for my 60th yesterday! :)
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gee, what a shameless plug; but what the heck!!

pam posted about getting 60 greetings for my 60th, and we are at 53 now....

please stop by just to say hello ok! comment there please...big thanks to all! [group hug] [kiss]

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/21819

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happy bday my dear betty
thanks for all your support with the lymenet
site.
there would be nothing here without you
all my love,
dave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy B-day Betty!!!

I wish you 60 more in a healthy way!!!

Steve [Smile]

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey good for you! Reminds me of my mom. Every couple of years she plans her own "Suprise" birthday party...She just invites people over for dinner then when the get there, she says "suprise," it's my birthday...LOL Here's what I what I said to my mom who turned 60 in Dec. Happy birthday old lady and same to you! [Smile]

Take Care,
Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you need two more dancers for your paper doll line up? We're so happy you were born. You know Oliver originally wanted to cut out 100 dolls to show you how much 100 is....(he'd just done the school 100 day celebration).

Okay, so I'll run outside at midnight and do 100 rockette kicks in the nude. check newspaper headlines tomorrow for any coverage on my lack of coverage.. [Big Grin]

Happiest birthday ever to you,

Love,

wiserforit2

Posts: 273 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday, BettyG!

Wishing you many healthy years ahead.

Hugs,
CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday! I don't know you, but I have seen all the help you give here. God bless you, Amy
Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wildthing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday! Contgrats on making it to 60! Sometimes with lyme, I wonder if I'll make it that long, but I'm glad you have [Smile] You do great work for the lyme community, keep it up, we need you for another 60 years.

--------------------
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that When your feet hit the floor In the morning, Satan shudders & says� 'Oh ****!...She's Awake!!

WildThing
www.wildthingstodo.com

Posts: 160 | From Royersford,PA,USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday BettyG!! [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually, it has become an ALL WEEK EVENT!

monday ... obama's health fair in des moines where i hoped to address chronic lyme disease/co-infections, but NOT enough time allowed; 2 hrs. vs. 4 hrs.

tuesday .. BIG 60! doing all paperwork to own this beautiful red van; our 1st ever. picking up my FREE BIRTHDAY CAKE by winning on local radio daily BD contest and buying my flowers. plus another business appt. there at home when i arrived. ate out for lunch.

wed. ... met lymenetter, BUGABOO, for a wonderful all you can eat buffet, and pigged out big time. it was the quickest 1.5 hrs. plus visit with both of us talking non-stop to the point our hot food was cold as we ate.

took some of my flowers, pink carnations & orange roses to my soon to be 97 yr. old aunt; she loved them and visited her 1 hr. plus; then stopped by my step-son's place showing him the van and having a quick .5 hr. visit. he has always remembered my birthday in his mind and calls me that night annually!

my step-daughter didn't recogize me this year; her husband is a CONTROL freak! we no longer have her current phone no. or her husband gets the calls ... see phone call is from me, and just hangs up!

thursday ... hospital weekly health education program; will be PARKINSON'S; dr. is my hubby's and i hope to tlak to him later. in fact, 1 yr. he let me bring in LYME INFO BROCHURES and leave in his rooms for folks waiting for him to come in.

also going to get my feet worked on by our homeward RNs at senior center, and at 60 you can eat there for $3.50; so think i'll try that meal too.

friday ... hope to finally get to nursing home again after 1 month. i WON TICKETS FOR JAZZ.... BLUE NOTES concert locally, so plan to take a girlfriend to that. i may have to take my construction ear protectors if music gets too loud for my LYME EARS!

right now, nothing schedule for sat/sun, and boy do i need to sleep in and just REST! this is way to much for this 60 yr. old snow white!

yep, did you all know i'm "snow white" hair and the 7 drawfs are me too:

happy,
sleepy,
dopey...lyme fog you know;
doc...sending out my llmd names/newbie info;
GRUMPY ... no need to explain that one!;
SNEEZY...do that all night long when sleeping!
and bashful .... back in my early days of growing up!

i hope that was their names; no little kids to read story books too to refresh my neuro lyme mind!

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by stymielymie:

happy bday my dear betty
thanks for all your support with the lymenet
site.
there would be nothing here without you
all my love,
dave

to my dear dave,
big thanks for stopping by and your beautiful words to me. where would we get all the great DENTAL advise you give us from all the years you were a dentist? [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by steve1906:

Happy B-day Betty!!!
I wish you 60 more in a healthy way!!!
Steve [Smile]

steve, you're on ... i'll take those healthy years any day! thanks for stopping by. [group hug] [kiss]
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by lakes592:

Hey good for you! Reminds me of my mom.

Every couple of years she plans her own "Surprise" birthday party...She just invites people over for dinner then when the get there, she says "suprise," it's my birthday...LOL

Here's what I what I said to my mom who turned 60 in Dec. Happy birthday old lady and same to you! [Smile]
Take Care, Ann

ann, glad i reminded you of your dear mom; give her an extra hug/kiss for me will you? mine died 19 yrs. 7-25-90; i miss my closest friend/mom every day of my life!

"old lady" ... i'll take it. i typed both mine and mom's christmas letters for years. 1 time mom had written my oldest daughter .... and hubby came along and used white out on it to so i read my "OLD" daughter, and we had laughs for years after that. i wasn't too happy at the time but went with it. this went out to all on her 100 list!

ann, thanks for stopping and leaving your humorous words and memories for me! [group hug] [kiss]

psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday, Betty!
Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by wiserforit2:

Do you need two more dancers for your paper doll line up? We're so happy you were born.

You know Oliver originally wanted to cut out 100 dolls to show you how much 100 is....(he'd just done the school 100 day celebration).

Okay, so I'll run outside at midnight and do 100 rockette kicks in the nude. check newspaper headlines tomorrow for any coverage on my lack of coverage.. [Big Grin]
Happiest birthday ever to you,
Love,
wiserforit2

tori, i remember when i sent you my thank you for my 58 dancers your kids cut out and drew; you mentioned that he wanted to make 100 so bad, and can you imagine mom how many rooms these cutouts will cover then? lol [Smile]

well it's ten minutes after midnight here; did the cops catch you flashing your birthday suit!!

speaking of BD suits, my soon to be 97 yr. old aunt/i were talking today about her great niece's wedding in july for her to go looking for a new dress in june for it.

otherwise, i'll wear my birthday dress ... wore for my 90th BD party you kids put on for me.

i couldn't resist, and kidded her about her wearing her BIRTHDAY SUIT.... the one she was born with to the wedding, and you should have heard her laugh. i inherited her loud laugh big time!

tori, thanks for stopping, and yes, the boy's dancers are still pinned up to my one door....2 years now TODAY since my hip replacement surgery for what you send them to me for. [group hug]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by CherylSue:

Happy birthday, BettyG!
Hugs, CherylSue

cheryl sue, thanks for stopping with your good wishes and HUGS ALWAYS ACCEPTED! [group hug] [kiss]
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Snailhead:

Happy Birthday! I don't know you, but I have seen all the help you give here. God bless you, Amy

amy, you'll get to know me after awhile; i post quite a bit here, and thanks for taking the time to leave this stranger to you a nice note, and yes, i'm MOMMY'S HELPER! [group hug] [kiss]
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:
quote:
Originally posted by CherylSue:

Happy birthday, BettyG!
Hugs, CherylSue

cheryl sue, thanks for stopping with your good wishes and HUGS ALWAYS ACCEPTED! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

seekhelp and psano,

thanks for my birthday wishes; so appreciated! [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Wildthing:

Happy Birthday! Congrats on making it to 60! Sometimes with lyme, I wonder if I'll make it that long, but I'm glad you have [Smile]

You do great work for the lyme community, keep it up, we need you for another 60 years.

wildthing, YOU can make it; i've got faith in you; besides we want to celebrate your BD big time too as you all have so kindly done for me these last 3 days.

thanks for the appreciative compliments, and nope, another 60 years doing this ... i'll be the corpse found at the keyboard ... all skelton with the note saying,

"you still here"! [lol] [Big Grin] [group hug] [kiss]

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

Happy Birthday! Treat yourself to something nice - you deserve it!!

Hugs,
Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Jill E.:
Betty,
Happy Birthday! Treat yourself to something nice - you deserve it!!
Hugs,
Jill

jill, thanks for stopping your your message; yes, i did treat myself to something a new 09 chrysler town and country van! my car was 17 yrs. old and starting to have problems.

so i went BIG and splurged with 0% down for 3 years!!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang, Betty - I was just going to say let's see if we can get 97 posts for you to match your aunt's age,

but I see between this one and the other, you've reached over 100 posts, so hey, I say just live it up, and enjoy your new van!

That made me laugh, your comment about being the corpse at the keyboard still typing away in 60 years. We'll call you BonesBettyG...

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

robin, thanks for adding them up! good over 100; i knew if i begged for more on MEDICAL; they'd come thru since majority never go to support to read there.

yes, bones bettyg signing off ! [Big Grin] [lol]

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy B'day Bettyg!

60 and going as hard as you went this week is something to crow about.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty!!

Hope you had a great one!!

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy B-day Betty G. Here's to the next sixty!
Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by luvs2ride:
Happy B'day Bettyg!

60 and going as hard as you went this week is something to crow about. Luvs

luvs, yes, it is something to crow about so that's why i'm more talkative than normal doing my "crowing" now. boy, does our large back yard get the crows daily! thanks for stopping by! xox
barbarame
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16423

Icon 7 posted      Profile for barbarame     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Belated Birthday wishes to Betty G!!!

Your getting younger not older remember. I hope your day was special. Many more special times to come.

Kindly,
barb

Posts: 167 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

dakota's mom and no more muscles,

thank you both for your good wishes on my special 60th. xox

quote:
Originally posted by barbarame:

Belated Birthday wishes to Betty G!!!

Your getting younger not older remember. I hope your day was special. Many more special times to come.
Kindly, barb

barbara, yes my day was super special!!
"your getting younger not older" ... now you just have to tell that to my white hair! [lol] [Big Grin]

bwillis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwillis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday. Thanks for helping me find a doc. I feel horrible, but at my appt yesterday my doc said that's really good.

It means I'm getting better. Frustrating to hear that you have to feel worse to feel better but I'm exactly where she expected me to be at this time.

I hope I can handle this until a window of improvement shows up.

I sure hope you can see some improvement, you really deserve it.

Happy Birthday. 60 is pretty good.

Posts: 199 | From utah | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisa delong
Unregistered

happy b-day betty g!!!!!!!!!
cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi]

HAPPY DAY!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

HAPPY BIRHTDAY BETTY!!!

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO FOR LYMENET!!

[woohoo]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cottonbrain and lymeloco,

thanks for stopping by with your good wishes; loco, you are most welcome!~ [group hug] [kiss]

copying al's comments here; he thought he was doing a reply to this, and ended up a post started by him instead; uffda [Smile]

Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

26-03-2009 12:42 AM

Happy Birthday and my best for you !

Al Posts: 401 | From CT. | Registered: Jun 2006 | IP: Logged |

bettyg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 6147
posted 26-03-2009 02:07 AM Profile for bettyg Send New Private Message

al, was that meant for me, bettyg?
if yes, thank you very much!! [Smile]
--------------------

Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420
posted 26-03-2009 03:27 PM

Yes betty [Smile]
It was supposed to be a reply instead of a post.
I'm gald you caught it:)
Al

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday, Betty!

I hope you have a great year!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

sparkle, a great year...now, that sounds mighty FINE! thanks for stopping by [Smile] xox
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty!!!!!!

Happy, Happy 60th Birthday! [kiss]

You are so deserving of such, and a future of better days ahead.

You give so selflessly on here for hours at a time-please know how much I appreciate that. I feel somehow safer with you around Betty...definitely more loved.

Lots of love Back,

Greta [Big Grin] [kiss] [group hug]

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by 2roads:
Betty!!!!!!
Happy, Happy 60th Birthday! [kiss]

You are so deserving of such, and a future of better days ahead.

You give so selflessly on here for hours at a time-please know how much I appreciate that.

I feel somehow safer with you around Betty...definitely more loved. Lots of love Back,
Greta [Big Grin] [kiss] [group hug]

greta, wow; i'm tearing up just reading your loving birthday message to me! thank you for your heartfelt words. this birthday thread has really made my week SUPER SWEET! [group hug] [kiss]

i'm so glad you feel SAFER with all of us around trying to protect the very sick lyme/co-infection patients from the trolls/spammers, and people coming to prey upon us at the lower times of our lives!

lymeblue, thanks for stopping by and your bd greeting [Smile]

[ 03-27-2009, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happy birthday!!!!
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Big 6-0 Betty from someone who is fast-approaching the big 5-0.

I am inexplicably contemplating tattoing myself for the big occasion.

I'm debating where to place the tattoo and also wondering whether it should say "Don't f**k with me" or "Not born yesterday"

Given my sagging, aging body and stretch marks, I've ruled out a "tramp stamp" but haven't ruled out a tatoo spanning a boob or thigh. Did I mention that I'm not into tattoos?

Since I'm on the verge on turning 50, I'm at the point that I really don't care what anyone thinks (how liberating!....you gals in your 20s 30s and 40s will get to this point)

My thinking is to get a tattoo spanning the left boob that reads: Don't f*** with me, along with a tattoo spanning the right boob that reads: I'm 50.

Of course, I will have to imbibe a good amount of wine prior to being tattooed. I'll let you all know if/when I actually am able to go ahead with this. Sounds good now, but when the pen starts touching flesh, well, that's a whole other matter.

In the meantime Betty, please take time to celebrate the big 6-0.

Happy Birthday, and thanks so very much for all you've conrtibuted to this site!

Posts: 214 | From where ticks flourish | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty!!!

Thanks for all that you do for lymies!

Enjoy!

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm let me see....

Our DEAR BettyG

has turned SIXTY!!!!

The day came and PASSED

without a word from me [Frown]

Don't I feel like an A$$?

Though no one could do

birthday poetry like you

I decided to try

"HERE'S MUD IN YOUR EYE!!!"

You're 60 years YOUNG

Now GO HAVE SOME FUN!!!

For all that you do....

Know that WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!

You're always the hero

to topics who's replies are zero!!!

Posting replies left & right

through the day and the night

Greeting newcomers

through Falls, Winters, Springs & Summers!!!

YEAR after YEAR

Betty you grow more & more DEAR!! [kiss]

As I run out of rhyme

and out of time [Roll Eyes]

I say a prayer for you, that God rids you of Lyme!

In honor of your special day

I must take this time to say

Thank you for always being there

even when no one else may seem to care.

Your perpetual kindness and understanding,

even when people can be so demanding,

sets you apart

you have such a big heart! [group hug]

Now I must close

my lame attempt at prose

but know, as I part

you'll always have a special place in my heart!!!!

Happy Birthday BettyG!!!

Your friend, I always hope to be.

with lots of love & hugs & prayers from me,

[group hug]

Ali

PS - Now I must rest,
because I've tried my best
but as my head is now spinning [spinning smile]
I hope this left you grinning!

My brain this did drain,
and I fear I'm no longer sane

Help me PLEASE, I can't stop!!!!!
on my couch, I feel the need to flop [sleepy]

I hope that if I'm still alive...
at 60, I'll have your strength determination and drive,

as for now, I must retreat
to rest my head & put up my feet!

Now I must bid you a fond farewell,
for I really do need to go rest for a spell.

I hope you can always keep up your good work,
and never must think that I am a jerk! [bonk]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 60th Betty!!
You are a special lady deserving of a special day [Big Grin]

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Betty. When trying to rhyme for your Birthday on the other site I used the word rickety.

Now that I scanned what you did for your Birthday week I see you are not rickety at all but more of a Spring chicken!!

Hoping to read how things went with the health care thing soon.

I keep trying and my eyes and brain have yet to work well enough to do so.

Perhpas you could give me the bottom line on it.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

vermont lymie and njlyme...,

thank you bot for stopping and your precious greetings you left me. you are most welcome, and thanks for telling me MY efforts have been worthwhile and not in vain! xox

quote:
Originally posted by Kathy622:

Happy Big 6-0 Betty from someone who is fast-approaching the big 5-0.

I am inexplicably contemplating tattoing myself for the big occasion.

In the meantime Betty, please take time to celebrate the big 6-0.

Happy Birthday, and thanks so very much for all you've conrtibuted to this site!

kathy, you sound like a flower child of the 60s era i grew up in! are you sure you're just going to be only "50"? lol .... best wishes on whatever decision YOU make since you will wear this the rest of your life [Smile]

glad i was able to help you/others on this site...thanks for telling me that...so appreciative to hear that [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by AliG:

Hmmmm let me see....
Our DEAR BettyG
has turned SIXTY!!!!

The day came and PASSED
without a word from me [Frown]
Don't I feel like an A$$?

Though no one could do
birthday poetry like you
I decided to try
"HERE'S MUD IN YOUR EYE!!!"

You're 60 years YOUNG
Now GO HAVE SOME FUN!!!
For all that you do....
Know that WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!

You're always the hero
to topics who's replies are zero!!!
Posting replies left & right
through the day and the night

Greeting newcomers
through Falls, Winters, Springs & Summers!!!
YEAR after YEAR
Betty you grow more & more DEAR!! [kiss]

As I run out of rhyme
and out of time [Roll Eyes]
I say a prayer for you, that God rids you of Lyme!
In honor of your special day
I must take this time to say

Thank you for always being there
even when no one else may seem to care.

Your perpetual kindness and understanding,
even when people can be so demanding,
sets you apart
you have such a big heart! [group hug]

Now I must close
my lame attempt at prose
but know, as I part
you'll always have a special place in my heart!!!!

Happy Birthday BettyG!!!
Your friend, I always hope to be.

with lots of love & hugs & prayers from me,
[group hug] Ali

PS - Now I must rest,
because I've tried my best
but as my head is now spinning [spinning smile]
I hope this left you grinning!

My brain this did drain,
and I fear I'm no longer sane
Help me PLEASE, I can't stop!!!!!
on my couch, I feel the need to flop [sleepy]

I hope that if I'm still alive...
at 60, I'll have your strength determination and drive,
as for now, I must retreat
to rest my head & put up my feet!

Now I must bid you a fond farewell,
for I really do need to go rest for a spell.

I hope you can always keep up your good work,
and never must think that I am a jerk! [bonk]

god bless you ali! this was hilarious and your rhyming was just so precious and tickled me all the way thru it!! YOU'RE HIRED TOO!

Ali, you have a very special knack
that doesn't come out of a sack
and one that i'll never take back
even if it were to fall in a crack.

Ali, you are one special friend
that i'll always have up to the end.

you were one of the first i corresponded with here,
now, let's go drink a beer
because you are very dear
to me, and i want to make that very clear.

ali, now you've got me doing this too
and this week, i certainly have never been blue!
ali, thanks for ALL YOU DO for all;
you've answered their call.

an original by BettyG just for Ali

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by kam:

Wow Betty. When trying to rhyme for your Birthday on the other site I used the word rickety.

Now that I scanned what you did for your Birthday week I see you are not rickety at all but more of a Spring chicken!!

Hoping to read how things went with the health care thing soon.

I keep trying and my eyes and brain have yet to work well enough to do so.

Perhaps you could give me the bottom line on it.

kam, thanks for stopping by and adding more. i'm NO SPRING CHICKEN, but i do think this cpap is helping me after 2 months!!

for the last 1.5 weeks, i'm getting up early in am, and that's after being here until wee am hours!

i'm not plugged up in nose like before cpap, and not coughing like i did.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement