LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone else been diagnosed hypoglycemic after you found out you had lyme ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone else been diagnosed hypoglycemic after you found out you had lyme ?
lymesc?
Member # 19564

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymesc?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had this till I got sick .

My dr. suggested a glucose test (3 hours in the drs office !)

I thought i was going to die!!

My blood sugar level peaked at 95 and then dropped fast to 43 .

I thought the nurse was going to run me over bringing me a soda to make me drink it .

But it seems to be reactive hypo I cant hardly work out or anything ( not that i feel like doing that now anyway) without it taking a nose dive .

If any one has had this problem please let me know .... and let me know if it improved during your treatment for lyme .

Thanks !!!!

Posts: 36 | From south carolina | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for venus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't diagnosed with it, but i was having crazy fluctuations before I was diagnosed with lyme. My body was not regulating at all. I lost considerable weight. Now I know it was from the lyme. It has gotten better.

Kathy

--------------------
Severe neurological problems. Probably sick for years. Became chronically sick in Aug 2007. Undiagnosed for another 15 months. Started treatment for lyme and bart Sept. 2008. Improving, but very slowly.

Posts: 515 | From washington dc | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Lyme plays havoc with the entire endocrine system. For more about that, authors below get into explaining that and what you can do about it.

============

This book is specific to lyme and other chronic stealth infections.

The author discusses the endocrine connection and effects of STRESS on a person with such infections.

You can read customer reviews and look inside the book at this link to its page at Amazon.

http://tinyurl.com/6xse7l

The Potbelly Syndrome: How Common Germs Cause Obesity, Diabetes, And Heart Disease (Paperback) - 2005

by Russell Farris and Per Marin, MD, PhD

==========

Be sure to scour this for all the self-care, diet and nutritional supplement advice:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Dr. Burrascano'sTreatment Guidelines (2008)

==========

This book, by an ILADS member LLMD, holds great information about treatments options and support measures:

http://tinyurl.com/6lq3pb (through Amazon)

THE LYME DISEASE SOLUTION (2008)

- by Kenneth B. Singleton , MD; James A. Duke. Ph.D. (Foreword)

You can read more about it here and see customer reviews.

Web site: www.lymedoctor.com

===============

http://tinyurl.com/3fd9mz - - 20 pages

THE REQUIREMENTS OF PROTEIN & AMINO ACID DURING ACUTE & CHRONIC INFECTION . . .

Anura V. Kurpad - Institute of Population Health & Clinical Research, Bangalore, India

129. Indian J Med Res 124, August 2006, pp 129-148. Review Article.

Excerpt: " . . . In general, the amount of EXTRA protein that would appear to be needed is of the order of 20-25 per cent of the recommended intake, for most infections. . . ."

- Full article at link (or google the title if it does not go through).

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymessc, I have hypoglycemia, too. It is an awful feeling.

I have had it for years and years although, like a lot of things, many doctors dismissed my complaints.

Finally, a friend suggested I see a nutritionist. I brought her my blood work. She took one look and said I was hypoglycemic. My fasting glucose level was 49.

She gave me an eating plan and I have followed it diligently for several years. It helps a lot, but even so, I crash for no known reason.

I had my first LLMD visit last week. He made a clinical diagnosis of Lyme and Bartonella. We are awaiting my test results from Igenex and Fry.

He said hypoglycemia can be a symptom of Lyme. That makes sense to me. I guess the bacteria eat up all my food stores.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it now too. I always had issues with sugar though.

When I was initially diagnosed my blood sugar was high.

Of course I felt like my sugar was low and kept putting sugar in.

Diflucan and florinef can cause low blood sugar too.

When my stomach growls, if I don't eat I feel I am going to keel over.

Small frequent meals help a lot.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I was diagnosed Hypoglycemic after the diagnosis of LD

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was dx before i knew i had lyme...but i might have had it then.

with tx and diet changes it is so under control i'm not sure if ii have it anymore

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
electrolite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for electrolite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I was also diagnosed with hypoglycemia after being diagnosed with Lyme.

I don't know what all it takes to be diagnosed, but I had a glucose level of 60 (non-fasting), so my doctor said I was probably hypoglycemic.

Other times I had a glucose level of 80 or 85 when fasting. Any thoughts?

--------------------
I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease in August 2007, but I now feel it was a misdiagnosis. I was finally properly diagnosed with Chemical Sensitivity in February 2011. My life has changed drastically since then.

Posts: 128 | From Dallas, Texas | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually diagnosed with it before I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease but for five years of being undiagnosed, I was testing positive for all sorts of random things but being told, "something else is still going on".

So whether the hypoglycemia was due to lyme or would have happened anyway, it's hard to say, but yes, I do have both and wonder about the connection.

It's no fun and yes, that 3 hour fasting test where you have to drink the sweet stuff had me shaking and tremoring before the test was even completed. Ugh.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement