LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mycoplasma P. Alternative Treatment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mycoplasma P. Alternative Treatment?
brf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have experience or suggestions for treating mycoplasma pneumonia alternatively?

Thanks

Posts: 191 | From Ontario | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry tested + for this 7 times. LLMD think this is main problem for me now.

Biaxin makes me herx hard, doxy makes me herx hard. No telling what organs are full of toxins, liver enzymes ok.

Chronic vertigo and MCS too going on 6 years. Is this for life?

Cant eat sugar or bread. Severelly sensitive to mold.

I can type however.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting!

I ordered some Banderol from the Cowden protocol and will give that a try. It lists mycoplasma as one of the pathogens it covers.

I think I remember hearing about a product from Raintree as well.

Would love some other suggestions to try though.

Posts: 191 | From Ontario | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi brf,

Yes, Raintree has an herbal capsule called Myco.

I'm planning to eventually add in Rife frequencies for all the mycoplasma and chlamydia species.

Take care,
Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.roadback.org

This is a website for auto immune disorders. It is based upon the 50 yrs research and treatment of Dr. Thomas M. Brown using low dose minocycline to combat mycoplasma.

I have been on this therapy for 3 yrs and my # are gradually coming down.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PlasMyc from Researched Nutritionals might help.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8748

Thanks for the info - will check it out closer.
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
luvs, how are you on doxy? what about tini...

Doxy is very rough on my. Im gonna beg my LLMD for low dose mino. See what happens.

My brain swells when I take even a small amount of doxy now.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

^
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the myco product from Raintree for mycoplasma? I was just looking at the website the other day and couldn't tell if it was for mycoplasma or for mold (mycotoxins).

I am pretty sure (don't quote me on this but it might be worth researching) Stephen Buhner recommended hyssop for mycoplasma in his PlanetThrive column.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LymeCFIDSMCS:
Is the myco product from Raintree for mycoplasma? I was just looking at the website the other day and couldn't tell if it was for mycoplasma or for mold (mycotoxins).

Thanks for catching this, LymeCFIDSMCS. I am not sure about the Raintree Myco, so I spoke too soon.

I think got it confused with the PlasMyc from Researched Nutritionals.

Sorry for the confusion.
Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LymeHerx001, Even though Doxy didn't work out well for you, minocycline might. It has properties that make it an anti-inflammatory on the nervous system.

Over time, you could try combining it with something like Zithromax, Rifampin, or even Levaquin. Those are ones that I *think* will also have some action against myco, and that don't interact with minocycline.

But even just minocycline by itself is a great drug, in my opinion.

I didn't do very well on Doxy, but I seem to do okay on Minocycline. Start out at very low doses (maybe ask for 50mg intervals) at first. Starting slow, and working up slowly, decreases the risk for the side effects.

Also, some brands of the generic Minocycline are inferior to others, in my opinion. The white ones work better for me than the yellow ones (of the generic 50 mg pills). Call me crazy, but just something to keep in mind. Then my new doc insisited I get the brand name. But, the white 50mg's were working okay for me, so not ALL the generics are bad. (or maybe none are bad? I really don't know)

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8748

Thanks for the clarification and the link on the Raintree product.
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosiers51:
[QB] LymeHerx001, Even though Doxy didn't work out well for you, minocycline might. It has properties that make it an anti-inflammatory on the nervous system.

Over time, you could try combining it with something like Zithromax, Rifampin, or even Levaquin. Those are ones that I *think* will also have some action against myco, and that don't interact with minocycline.

But even just minocycline by itself is a great drug, in my opinion.

I didn't do very well on Doxy, but I seem to do okay on Minocycline. Start out at very low doses (maybe ask for 50mg intervals) at first. Starting slow, and working up slowly, decreases the risk for the side effects.

Also, some brands of the generic Minocycline are inferior to others, in my opinion. The white ones work better for me than the yellow ones (of the generic 50 mg pills). Call me crazy, but just something to keep in mind. Then my new doc insisited I get the brand name. But, the white 50mg's were working okay for me, so not ALL the generics are bad. (or maybe none are bad? I really don't know) [QB]

I had a honymoon with the doxy the second time around. He started me on it and I swear it was like a freaking miracle! All my pain went away, my head cleared up 90%, I felt like I was 13 again! I was 27 at the time.

That lasted about maybee 4 days, and then my skin started burning. I thought it was due to photosensitivity, then I thought, wait, my legs havent seen the sun.

Then the suicidal thoughts began and my head felt like a vice.

I went off of it, and then tried it again. Same thing with the burning skin and headache and suicidal thoughts.

How the H*ll can doxy make me feel wonderfull for 4 days and then suicidal! Now even when I take 1/4 capsule of the powder I get suicidal quick and I feel as if Satan is making soup with my brains.

Im not exagerating here.

It was a wonderfull 4 days though. That damn brain fog let up.

Thats just goes to show you, we are not completelly nuts, there is something going on with our nervous systems and the myco or lyme that the medical establishment ignores!!!!

I want to be studied!

I dont want drugs or opiates or anything, I just want the way that doxy made me feel for those 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [cussing] [cussing] [cussing] [confused] [bow] [bonk]

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

^
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
myco by raintree also worked well for me. However, get the pills not the drops which have ethanol
Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are interested in homeopathic remedies - there's a series remedy from Deseret Biologicals. I think they are also sold individually.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymeherx,

I had the opposite experience. I started with mino but developed a lupus like rash and was switched to doxy.

Both were taken at low dose of 100mg MWF.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement