LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hand Rash

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hand Rash
saved10
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this ugly rash on my hand and one finger and on two nuckles.

The rash on my finger and nuckles are solid, while on half my hand it it is spotted.

It statred about 2 weeks ago, it had a burning feeling at first.

I saw my LLMD Dr last week, he said it was due to the sun, taking Doxy. I haven't been out in the sun much...who know's though.

Anyone ever have one of these rashes?

How long do they last?

I have Nuro Lyme, the rash is in the arm that is the worse.

Posts: 200 | From Nevada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD said even if you're not "out" in the sun, you have to watch being in the car.

The sun coming in the windows can do some damage to your skin.

Is the rash on the side that would be facing the windows in the car?

That's the only thing I can think of.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curley911
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curley911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are new on antibiotics this would be a typical herxheimer reaction.
Posts: 982 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jt345
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only rash I have ever had was on my right hand. Not one one of my non LLMD doctors belived me ,until one day ,the nurse practisoner I was seeing saw it,and measured the rash.

It comes and goes yet today. It is in the line of a sandpaper rash. No feeling,it just appears.

appleseed

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileygirl
Member # 19658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got rashes on my hands last summer. I was ALWAYS covered in sunblock and I tried so hard to keep my hands covered while driving. I remember that I put aquaphor on it often. It faded but took a while to completely go away.
Good Luck.

Posts: 77 | From MD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have a rash on both hands, worse on the left hand, which felt like it was burning at first. The burning sensation started while I was driving and the sun was intense on the steering wheel.
Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this same rash for 2 months!! On doxy too.

And I am not in the sun either!!

My rash started on one knuckle on one hand. Now it is on most every knuckle, and even extends up to my elbows.

I am sooo embarrassed. But, it stopped burning after the first couple of weeks.

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileygirl
Member # 19658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was my knuckles too... Mine also burned. Especially before the rash showed up. It also happened to my lip - not a rash but major burning and a very pink lip. I also got a red splash across my nose. It didn't got away for a long time.
Posts: 77 | From MD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doxy comes with a warning that it makes you extremely sensitive to the sun. I got the rash on my fingers from doxy. Sunblock does not prevent it.

My rash lasted about a month. For the first few weeks, the skin would burn like a bad bad sunburn any time I got in the sun--even for the 30 seconds it took to run out to the mailbox, and even through a skylight.

It can happen through the windshield for sure. People have to wear gloves to prevent it.

Since your lyme doc examined the rash and said it was from doxy and the sun, I would go with that explanation. My rash was so painful at first, and no narcotic gave relief.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, doxy is a killer on our skin especially in vehicles by the windows.

wear LONG SLEEVES, LONG PANTS, SOCKS, GLOVES that cover up your hands completely,
a FLOPPY HAT that comes down over your ears and nickline .... NO low cut anything!!

i'd also use sunscreen. even CLOUDY days you will burn.

best wishes; we've all been there. xox

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saved10
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, for everyone replys!!!!

God Bless all of you!

Posts: 200 | From Nevada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My rash burned at first too!!

But not now.

I do have a small splash of it on the tip of my nose too!!

My husband literally burned the tops of his hands off. Must have been from driving, because that was the only time he wasn't covered.

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement