LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Diahrrea, Sorry, But it is gettng bad,any ideas to stop it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diahrrea, Sorry, But it is gettng bad,any ideas to stop it?
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am diabetic thrown into the mix, so I have to be super careful.

I have one Imodium I can take before 8:00 am tomorrow, nothing seems to be stopping this.

It seems it may be a stomach/intestinal bug, I am mildly nauseated, but more than a little frustrated by this continuing diarrhea.

I am sipping clear liquids. I have to eat at least a little for the Metformin meds. Blood sugar is ok so I don't think its anything to do w/ that, making me miserable.

From what I can see, I shouldn't have salyicalites right now? or I'd try Pepto Bismal... sheesh this is ridiculous.

This is annoying, I have got to get it at least calmed down.

Thanks for any tho'ts...

Silverwolf,slipping off to the bathroom repeatedly...

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you've tried immodium right?

i don't know if you can eat bananas or peanut butter, but some people says that may cause constipation.

have you looked up anything on the net?

i really don't know as i tend to be constipated most of the time.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Randibear >>>>> Thanks for quick response,dear friend !!

Yup,I can only take one more Imodium before 8:00 a.m tomorrow,I'm at the limit. And slowly going nuts..well going fast as I can trip to the bathroom.

I got a bout 90 minutes relief,in which I did an errand.

I can't do peanut butter but very rarely w/o bad tummy upset or I'd have TxC get me some on the way home.

Real blackberry w/ the little seeds and all,is supposed to help,but I don't have any,and don't dare go anywhere right now... OY.

W/ the IBS and Lyme I go between Constipation and Diarrhea, and right now...I'm the hare hopping down the hall to the bathroom, and getting totally weary...

Hmm, maybe if I can get a message to Txc banana snd Blackberrys?

Uh oh...I'll be beack ... Silverwolf

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Just me, I got a hold of TxC he's gonna see what he can get when he gets off work.. This is aggravating and a bit painful too...

Having a bad moment w/ it,...it seems to be diarrhea is one of my main symptoms, for herxing, allergies and so on.. so now it's what is causing it? A bug?, a herx? an Alleergy

ArrghhhrowlhowllllowwwwwwooOOOO!

Silverwolf of unsettling...uhm..expsloions!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, just a thought. be careful of colitis if you've taken a ton of antibiotics and c. diff.

have you got any flagyl? that's supposed to help intestional problems but unfortunately7 it gave me a ton of yeast and, man, the yeast, is worse than the lyme.

if you need anything, hon, anything at all, pm me. you know like, maybe, depends!!! LOL

i'm there for ya!!!

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

I've been off of Abx for awhile between finances and odd reactions.

Haven't had any Flagyl in about 21/2 years now.
I still have no insurance so I do what I can .

MAy have to call free clinic... but they take forever to get into... Arghhh! Hey will Pm you Randibear!

Silverwolf ...on to the 'Outhouse' [or Ootoos as Moms friend used to say...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf, i've never heard of blackberries being used for diarrhea. I would think that they'd make things worse with all the fiber and seeds. Be careful with that.

Bananas are a great idea though. They are notorious for causing constipation. They will also give you a good nutrition boost.

Try the BRAT diet and give your stomach a rest. I'm sure you've heard of it Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast, dry cereal, bland starchy foods. Avoid dairy, fried, and spicy foods. Also avoid fruit juices and most fuits and vegs until stomach settles.

You also need to be careful to replace the fluids lost through diarrhea. Try drinking pedialyte or gatoraide. Plain water is not enough.

And check your blood sugars more frequently than usual. Being sick can easily throw them out of balance and of course that would make you feel worse.

Hope you feel better soon:)

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Sammy >>>>>, Thanks for the tho'ts, an suggestions!

We used to live on a property w/ blackberries, the dried leaves and fruit,in small doses are said to help sometimes. Like blueberry can sooth the tummy, blackberry supposedly can as well [the info' came from an old Herbal remedies booklet].

I do know that corn and lettuce is about the worst thing to eat during and IBS /Diarrhea attack.

I was just thinking about the BRAT diet too, I'll see what helps hopefully soon.

I cannot do toast/breads right now, but bananas in small amounts and a bit of applesauce might help.

If TxC doesn't have to work too late I'll have a bit of stuff I can eat shortly. I did my blood sugar and it wasn't to awful [about 143 a bit ago]... I may check it again in a bit after I get a soft dry rice cereal eaten,

I'll use a bit of cranberry juice in it. Not perfect, but easier than milk on my system at the moment [that's about all I can eat that's here at the moment... darn diarrhea].

I'll check back in after awhile. Thanks again to both of you <<<<<RAndibear and Sammy >>>>>.

Silverwolf the weary

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

btmb03
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Silverwolf,

So sorry you are suffering with diarrhea. I know in the past I have used S. boulardii (I realize you need immediate relief) and often start taking it at the first signs of discomfort.

Pls get some rest and hope it clears up for you!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Well I am back again...

Hmm for what it's worth, my system is really odd.

And I had a Dr. once tell me, after I got a diarrhea episode calmed down [like say about a day and a half after...to use a -small- dose of bulk laxative Metamucil type product [altho' that one producedst o much gassousness to me now].

I was told it would soothe the irritated lining of my intestines etc...it actually helped,but is not something one should do all the time either.

I think the theory behind it is... giving some gentle bulk into the system for the loose bowel issue to become more solid w/o the constipation backlash common for some IBS patients. I'm guessig the Blackberry stuff might be simular? We'll see if it helps at all... in very small doses of course!

Course is possible I'm confused... when am I not LOL [Smile] .

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< btmbo3 >>>>>, Thanks for the info'... I'm gonna be resting,Just found this ...I type way slow!

I'll have to look up the S. boulardii later and see where we could get it pricing and such.

TxC is home from work, he got me some banana and a bit of things to try. I'll sit w/ him while he has dinner,but I'm not gonna try anything else right now...I'll see how the cereal and banana sits first.

Thanks again,I'll check back in teh a.m.

Just Silverwolf still weary

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

btmb03
Unregistered

You're very welcome - Pure Encapsulations is the best at least *I* think!! Feel better.
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Silver, Keep the electrolytes going. They are making a lot of new products for this I saw at the drug store but haven't had the occasion to have to use yet. If it is a bug and not functional feeding it will make you keep it longer. Watch for rigid as a board abdomen, and extreme bloating, blood in the stool, dark tarry stool=coffee grounds=blood. Severe irritation can set up a hot mix. So it is sometimes best to try and starve it out.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Silver, Keep the electrolytes going.

They are making a lot of new products for this I

saw at the drug store but haven't had the

occasion to have to use yet. If it is a bug and

not functional feeding it will make you keep it

longer. Watch for rigid as a board abdomen,

and bloating, blood in the stool,

dark tarry stool=coffee grounds=blood.

Severe irritation can set up a hot mix.

So it is sometimes best to try and starve it out.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Pinelady and each responder >>>>>,

Thanks for your info' and tho'tfulness!

AS to the blackberries,it is the dried leaves that are sometimes helpful,also raspberry leaves.

I've been sticking to a little rice cereal, w/ juice instead of milk,and a banana, w/ a few blueberries. Still a bit week,but so far no horrendous rushing to the restroom.

Wish I didn't have to eat when this happens, but I have to w/ some of my medicine. I scaled back,anything I don't have to have for a couple of days,I'm not taking.

We'll see how it is over the next couple of hours too. Still don't know if it was a bug, food poisoning,or just my fouled up system overreacting to something?

I have to be really careful about having anything w/ gluten. Aveenan [Oats] is/are super dangerous for me,serious allergy. And I am really wondering about milk products now too.

I've never been a big milk drinker [mostly a bit of ice cream or a bit of cheese]. I am in diet/food life style redo anyway from the Lyme and now diabetes.

I hope this is the last of this mess for me.

Thanks again everyone,I sure appeciated the help!!!

Love from Silverwolf

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't know about where you live but our area has a horrible stomach virus going around. my son caught it and was almost admitted twice to the hospital. went through each one of us, one by one, in the house

no medication helped. bananas didn't seem to help. even just water went straight through us. was about 5 days total for each of us. constant running to the bathroom, hoping you got there in time...and the whole time you're thinking 'how is this possible? how do i have anything left in there?'

all we could do was try to keep fluids in us to keep from getting dehydrated

went through pretty much everyone, incl teachers, @ the school, coworkers @ work; the pediatrician and my dr both said it's the worst they've seen in a long time and seems to be hitting everyone (even the cities around us)

pediatrician had the kids have nothing but clear liquids for two days. then broth/liquids the third day. crackers and light stuff the fourth. it's pretty much what i tried to do myself (still an amazing amount of time in the b/r for all of us, even w/out eating much)

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ABX?
Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< JillF. and lymeHerx >>>>>,

Sill fighting the 'bug',and TxC had an episode last night,so that's probably what it is.

Neither of us is on Antibiotics, other than my supplements. I just have to hope it calms down.

TxC's job is crazy hours wise right now, big time! So getting to a Dr. if it doesn't stop will be interesting.

I'm hoping and praying it'll stop !

Thanks for input! from Weary Silverwolfy!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolf, this horrible stuff has been going around in the East..I was very sick with Flu, bronchitis and then pneumonia and once back to driving kids to school, I got this mess..

At first I thought it was the abx quick step until I heard it was going thru the school...Good luck..

And be careful when you first get better. I make Easter candy and everytime I have tried to eat any chocolate, I have had some issues..Think my lower GI needs to heal..lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< lymemomtoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the reply! I do hope the bug has been squashed for you,and you're on the mend.

Had more issues yesterday so I spent Easter on the couch, nibbling a little rice cereal [no milk in it...no no no]. And having lots of water, and a few tiny sips of 7-up.

Will see how today goes! Hmm, Easter candy sounds loverly, but I'd have to find sugarless !

Just Silverwolfy

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

girl, are you out of chocolates??

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Randibear Dearest Friend >>>>>,

Hi hon', I still have some wonderful chocolate covered cookies [Smile] Yum! [Smile] !!!

However, The loverly chocolate coated sugarless candies are finally gone[ ah delight... Dove chocolate, Hersheys, Stovers,uhm most any chocolate LoL],

... but right now I am stuck living on rice cereal-bananas, water,waterd down juice. Anything else that I eat right now doesn't seem to digest...

and just goes right on thru the 'library throne'. [Frown] So I am limited in what I can eat.

If I can't get it stopped soon, will have to figure out a way to get to a Dr. Poor TxC had it hit him this weekend too, he is better today. Start up schedule at the new job is still crazy.

If wet noodles had feelings,I think this is how they'd feel... wrung out, limp, weak and weary...OY!!!

This is definitely one of those times I wish we had friends/family closer.

I do hope you are doing better,and not in pain hon! Thanks for asking after me and my chocolate habit!!!

Love from the Whimpy Silverwolfy

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Chapter Super Critical Omega 7

Rebuilds the lining of the gi tract. Works fast.
I swear by this stuff.

Take 2 20 minutes before each meal for a couple days and you'll see major improvement
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=CN-7141

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< lymeinhell >>>>>,

Thanks for the info'...still fighting this bug/digestive-issue [?], Its been about a week...yipes!!!

If I didn't have to take a coupe of prescription meds [non ABX] I wouldn't eat for a couple days...OY!

Silverwolf... between restroom moments

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes!!

Might want to get some electrolytes to make sure you don't end up dehydrated (which just really sucks).

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

Also are you taking acidolpholis or any other probitics, they will help but don't take them with your ABX take them a few hours later.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement