LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone else have burnining skin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone else have burnining skin?
bv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burning skin & muscle twitches have been 2 of my primary symptoms for 4 years. The burning skin happens all over my body---face, back, stomach, legs.

Has anyone else had this problem & if so, did anything help relive it?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Posts: 213 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big time. This is neuropathy. I take neurontin (gabapentin) for med and sometimes bag up icecubes and hold them on my face. Get the plastic cube kind; they don't melt in the baggie and leave you with a bunch of water.

I know how much this stinks. I feel for you.

Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
electrolite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for electrolite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have had a burning sensation in my right buttock. It felt really hot, like it was on fire. It has gone away, so I haven't tried anything for it.

So I guess it is a neuro symptom. I wasn't sure what it was when it happened.

--------------------
I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease in August 2007, but I now feel it was a misdiagnosis. I was finally properly diagnosed with Chemical Sensitivity in February 2011. My life has changed drastically since then.

Posts: 128 | From Dallas, Texas | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes had it on my scalp big time. Coffee enemas helped and other major detox.

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine went away after trying gluten-free. Probably DH (Dermatitis Herpetiformis, = celiac)
Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, all over, for many years. At times, even a gentle breeze is agonizing, or the touch of a sheet.

Antibiotics helped mine a little, or, should I say, changed the sensations. But that effect plateaued after a year or two.

Identifying food allergies was a real turning point. (This is different from celiac disease, which is not an allergy) You can do an elimination diet, eliminating possible allergens all at once (gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, nuts, citrus, tomatoes, corn) leaving rice, rice cereal, veggies, meats, poultry and fish. Then add each one back separately after a few weeks, doing one food every few days, and if you react, take that food off your diet.

Yesterday I ate something by mistake and my skin is on fire again today.

I was skeptical about this, and have been amazed.

Notice also if the sun worsens things. You could have lupus, honest. I had my skin biopsied after getting a rash in the sun and it showed autoimmunity in my skin. I also have a very high ANA. Lyme and lupus are not mutually exclusive, and in fact, Lyme can trigger autoimmunity in many people.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been my worst symptom from the beginning!!! It also goes through my whole body too.

It feels like my nerves are on the outside of my body. On really bad days it also makes me very depressed when it's at its worst.

You're probably the same but it could be 90% outside and I still get this feeling.

-beginning of 2008- Dermatologist, Rash (on sides of both lower legs, both elbows,
and stomach - they said it was eczema - I never had any skin problems.
I had this rash for about 4-5 months and got tested for everything and they sent me to five different doctors just for the rash. Had two biopsies one from my GP and the Dermatologist wanted to do another one. They both came back being (drug related!!!) I wasn't on any meds/drugs at the time!!! No one could and never have told me what drug related means. Most of all the rashes did fade away on there own but did come back time to time.

Here's what I feel> Burning - shivering - cold - eclectic shock feeling, etc... and yes any type of breeze makes it much worse. And some types of clothes and also the touch of like leather make it much worse... I've tried charging my diet but didn't seem to help.

Good luck, I hope you're having a good day...

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes for years, worse with sugar or exercise.

Herxes cause it.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LymeHerx,

I total agree, much worse with sugar and exercise.
Also getting upset or yelling at someone.

Sometimes just thinking to much makes it worse for!!! I'm not kidding...

Roy

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement