LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » iv rocephin and now possible gall bladder pain? help/advice please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: iv rocephin and now possible gall bladder pain? help/advice please
MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
started iv rochpin 2/2/09. am in 2g twice day mon-thurs. also taking mepron/zith for babs.

this week nausea kicked WAY up. Then wends had weird abd pain, then it progressed.

By Thurs. night the light bulb came on when after i ate chocolate (ok, i know, save that lecture...) had SEVERVE abd. pain was mostly upper right all the way down rib cage. some to left top/by ribs. then wraps around to kindey area first rt then to left, then pain up back btwn shoulder blades and to right shoulder.

talking , severe- vice grip, stabbbing pain. cant move, cant talk- sure feels like something is way wrong.

had fu neruo appt fri, told him. had u/s done for gallbladder. labs to do mon. did not here from dr over wkend and tech (who i know cant say anything, but i am medical field too--she expected me to hear from dr that night)

tonight had bad episode when ate. no dont want to eat obviously.

so...anychance of saving gallbladder? would add of acigall now help??

supposed to start up rocephin in am, but will hold off and call LLMD. his is out of the loop on this as was fri eve before we finished dr/ the ultasound at diff. place and crazy rain/flood weather on top of it.

suggestions?? on all the usuall supps also vit c 300/day, zyflamend, liver support, neruo meds, pain meds.

had first session of reiki, she was asking about waht digestive issues i was having, told her nothing unusal-- then thur night things got very unsusual. ....that i find interesting???

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AthinLyne
Member # 17626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AthinLyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sometimes you can call the place where you had the u/s and they will give you the results - somex they won't???

when I thought I was having gb pain, nurse said to go off of IV for a few days to see if it improved. Weren't sure if it was yeast or gb. I also started Lime/olive oil cleanser 2 to 3 X per day. (juice of one lime and 1/3 cup olive oil.) Also went fat free diet.

you really need to find out what the u/s results are.

Posts: 28 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking actigal; I believe it can help after issues have started (if that is what has happened to you; I hope not [Frown]

Hope you are better today.

Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read some about this on the internet when my hubby started having problems while on the rocephin.

Had the gall bladder scanned, and it was 1/3 full of sludge, etc. Will be rescanned next month to see if it has dissolved any since he came off the rocephin.

Low fat diet very important. we are taking a wait and see approach as we have read it is possible that stones and sludge from rocephin can dissolve once off teh drug.

Your LLMD will have to assess whether it is gallbladder (ultrasound will tell) and whether you should stay on the rocephin or not.

Also, our primary said that they now don't recommend having gallbladder out unless you are following a low fat diet and still having attacks.

Don't ignore this, as it can have nasty complications. Your LLMD can advise you best, and do research on the internet. Keeping you in prayer!

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement