LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » buy progurt in the USA!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: buy progurt in the USA!!!
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whatayear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered progurt from AUS, paid a fortune for

shipping!!! They gave me a discount but was

still around $45!! to me that 4 days of progurt!

so i googled around to see where else i could buy

it and i found a woman in the US that sells it

I called she is very nice, she knew someone who

was using it with benefit and started carrying

it, she sai dshe uses it and it taste awesome

but she didnt see any benifet from it but she was

already very healthy, eats well no chronic illness issues etc

but others were seeing a great improvment with it

here is her site, give her a call she said she

had some progurt machines she could sell at a

discount which might help a few that want to try

it but couldnt afford to order from AS, her site

www.betterway2health.com/index.html and for

anyone already using it, this will save you on

shipping her shipping is around $4!!!!! thats alot!

she orders it from AS she talks to Robert all the

time, this is the same stuff!! and agian I make

NO MONEY WHATSOEVER I pay what you pay for

progurt i was hoping to give people another

option to save some money!

Posts: 229 | From front royal, VA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome,

Thanks so much! That's wonderful, I may try it now, sounds very interesting to try =)

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to take away from the great find...but, I was just wondering if Byron S Bell was evicted from Lymenet because he posted a link to a vendor.

You might want to be careful.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whatayear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelmo....what are you talking about!!! I see

posted LINKS all the time to "vendors" ...if i

didnt post it what would you like me to do give

subtle clues to search around and maybe find it

GiGi posted links to allergie-immun and no one

said anything about having her "evicted" I

really dont get some of you on here who throw

a tantrum or have a stink when someone post

something that could benifet someone and

in this case save some money in the process.

SORRY to rain on anyones parade but people make

money anytime you buy anything rather it be a

toothbrush, a LLMD apt, crappy supplements and

guess what even the GOOD ONES that work

make money off of your illness imagine that and anyone that

doesnt get that just doesnt get it! there are

people out there that take advantage and make a

buck and thats not right but i know there were

people on here that wanted to try this who couldnt

afford it and thought this might help them save

some money, thats it...

I use progurt everyday and have had hue overall

benefits including i was prediabetic at 27 and

this stuff has somehow put my blood sugar back

into normal exceptable levels. everytime i post

anything I get flack for it with comments that just

arent benifecial to anyone...I swear regadless of this

crappy illness there are some lymies that are the

most negative people i have ever meet. and i know

other people with other just as bad chronic illness

and cancer that arent that way. You cant post this

dont promote anything or say you take it or that

means you make money off of it and heavn forbide!

so what are we supposed to share on here id really

like to know what is exceptable "lymechat"

discussions maybe its bowel movements or the wheather

I dont know but if someone knows a place for people

with lyme disease where you are alowed to share

and help each other and discuss more natural

approaches please let me know so i can go there becuase it sure as heck isnt here!

thanks alot, as always i wonder why i keep coming back here

Posts: 229 | From front royal, VA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Whatayear,

Thanks for the post!!

Glad you put up what you did on Progurt!

Since you made it very clear you get no $$ from posting a link to this woman, I don't see what the problem could be.

I posted a link to Tropical Traditions about coconut cream concentrate, because I LOVE IT! It helped me a LOT when I was taking Mepron, and had to consume 14 GRAMS OF FAT each time! Whew!!

So, please keep coming back, eh?

Love,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, whatayear! Very much appreciated.

This is NOT a violation of the forum rules, though they can be a bit confusing.

Here's the actual order page - looks like the incubator is out of stock.....

http://www.betterway2health.com/onlinepg2.htm

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

didnt mean to go overboard last night, I apologize I just dont understand how posting a link to HELP anyone out could ever be a bad thing!
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

incubators are in stock but they have been open so she will sell them at a discount, you might need to call her but she does have them
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to the owner today. Used incubators are selling at $20/pop but will probably run out fast.

She may not sell incubators in the future, just satchets

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TadichGrill
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much are the incubators normally?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they're 70?? I may be wrong..
Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

they are $70 and sachets are $20 a peice which is expensive but shipping is around $40!!! so the big savings is in the shiping difference
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you need a incubator? Can you use an excaliber dehydrator?

These can be used to make 24 hour specific carbohydrate yogurt.. you just time them for whatever time you need.. at temp you need.. and in jar of milk and "grains".

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you get a protocol with this? Directions?
Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

r62 yes you get a protocol and can call and talk to Robert i dont remember what his title is, but i talk to him twice a week he walks you through everything and monitors your progress plus on thier site is dietary instructions under illnesses....
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

also r62 it has to be thier machine becuase of the specific process with the milk, you have to use long life whole milk pref organic that is the best you can use soy and goat milk but it does have to be full fat and most importantly is that it says ultra pasturized or long life
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

also r62 it has to be thier machine becuase of the specific process with the milk, you have to use long life whole milk pref organic that is the best you can use soy and goat milk but it does have to be full fat and most importantly is that it says ultra pasturized or long life
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Whatayear.. thank you. It seems to get started, order from the Progurt company directly then replenish here? The site said "while supplies last."

Wonder if raw milk is out because of competing bacteria, although that has not been a problem with kefir grains.

whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

I ordered from Aus I havnt ordered from this other site yet but you could do either and still get the same help through the progurt company the only thing is you will need the prebiotic syurp and i dont know if she sells that im goign to see if she will start carrying it. she said if she can get orders she will carry it and it would save a boat load on shipping! and quikcer delivery time!
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatayear, it wasn't a personal slam. Byron was a good kid who was banned by posting a link to something he also didn't profit from.

I wasn't trying to start a war, just saying that the moderators might not care for it.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

Kelmo thats why i appologized about going off like that, I just have bad experiences on here posting anything when all i was trying to do is help. I didnt mean to take it out directly on you!
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey whatayear,

It's OK.
You were posting that you used a product / service / etc and you liked it or benefited from it so you provided a link to the website. NO problem.

The issue is that LymeNet rules prohibit solicitation. We have seen numerous instances where a user posts a "testimonial" that turns out to be a solicitation ie: the user is profiting by pushing a product or service.

There's a fine line and it is often difficult for us to determine whether post(s) are solicitation or not but, after reading thousands of posts, your post does not appear to be a solicitation.

Take care,

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Thank you, whatayear.:-)
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R62, where did you see the 'while supplies last' message on the website? I can't find anything about Progurt except on the order page.

I checked our main grocery store - NO ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk of ANY kind (except half and half).

I was surprised. You would think UHT milk would be convenient for farmers, ranchers, and hunters - folks who may not get to a grocery store very often. But no such luck. I'll check the other stores today.....

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Its on the website:

http://www.betterway2health.com/onlinepg2.htm

when you click into the product for a description at bottom of page.

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truthfinder - you might have missed my earlier post. You can get Organic Valley, UHT, whole milk on Amazon.

I don't own Amazon [lol]

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Thanks for the clarification, Lou.
WildCondor
Unregistered

Get it, then culture it out with a yogurt maker and make more of it grow for eternity!!! Just an idea! I made yogurt with VSL # 3 and its awesome stuff!!!
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

WildCondor, you can't culture this stuff yourself. It isn't like ordinary probiotics.

Oh, thanks R62 - I hadn't clicked on the actual product.

Nana, I DID miss your earlier post - thanks very much. That saved me some time digging around for a source.

I couldn't get the e-mail contact link to work on the website so I tried calling the betterwaytohealth lady on Friday. No answer, so I left a message on her machine - never got a call back. Guess I'll try again today.

Meanwhile, I WAS able to find both ultra-pasteurized whole milk locally at one store, and found the UHT whole milk at another store! I did notice that the UHT milk was all outdated by a few days, though, so I'd probably have to ask them to get some fresh product. But still! I'm very happy to have a local source or two for the milk.

I also saw some quarts of goat's milk at one store, and I think it said it was ultra-pasteurized but it was too high for me to reach to be sure. I would like to try goat's milk at some point just to compare.

I'd forgotten about the prebiotic syrup, so that's something that would have to be ordered from Australia. Sounds like FOS or inulin don't work well with the Progurt.

--------------------
Tracy

whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

the prebiotic syurp will last forever!! and it only has to be used the first couple of times so its not something you will have to keep reordering.
lymeparfait
Unregistered

Anyone know what the syrup is made of?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
umm, stupid me. but what is progurt?

do you mean yogurt?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

lymeparfait... on the bottle it says contains generation-3 multi oligsaccharides: 100% natural, non-digestible sugars that selectively stimulate the activity and growth of the beneficial bacteria winin the gut....so basicly its food for the good bacteria and wont effect blood sugar, I asked!
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

randibear, its a new human strain probiotic in yougart form, its from australia and is showing promise for MS patients, Aids patients, diabetics and lyme patients a few on here are trying it with really good results thier site is progurt.com for more information
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

randibear, its a new human strain probiotic in yougart form, its from australia and is showing promise for MS patients, Aids patients, diabetics and lyme patients a few on here are trying it with really good results thier site is progurt.com for more information
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Whatayear, I don't understand why the prebiotic syrup doesn't have to be continued along with the Progurt.... and I can't find anything on the website about that. Where did you hear that?

Also, I still can't seem to connect by phone to the owner of this website. I'll give it one more try tomorrow.....

--------------------
Tracy

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Just trying to understand what is a non-digestible sugar? Is this like agave nectar or another natural plant sweetener that is not sugar?
Always curious about what's going into my body!

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

This is pretty much the only sugar tested by my doc that didn't feed candida.

Manuka honey, agave both no-go. Sucks because I wanted to use Manuka for biofilms

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Whatayear or anyone, I'd still like to know where the info came from that the prebiotic syrup only needs to be used for a couple of times at first....

I've given up on contacting the woman from this website. Maybe she is on vacation or something. I've called 3 times, left 2 messages, told her I would like to purchase some products and that some aren't listed on her webiste, and I've received no response.

I give up. [Frown]

--------------------
Tracy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement