LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Eye Problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eye Problems
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my few remaining issues is debris, squiggles, floaters, etc. in the visual field. Has anyone here ever had this and resolved with a specific treatment? Would appreciate any insights (no pun intended).

thanks,
Scott

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've heard some people say they've gone away. If that's the worst of what you have left that's not bad!
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mention "squiggly things" - if they are the same as what I experience, they might be "Blue field entoptic phenomenon", also known as "Scheerer's phenomenon":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

What I see and have described here before as "squiggly things" was this phenomenon, and I have had it as long as I can remember. I was so glad to finally have an explanation for it that wasn't illness-related.

I see it mostly on blue sky, or a light background, and it is hundreds of tiny bright objects that appear to swim and squiggle in diffeent directions, head-first. But they are just "white blood cells that move in the capillaries in front of the retina of the eye, near the macula."

You may be experiencing something else of course, but just a thought.

I was told by my Opthalmologist that floaters generally dissipate or fall apart and drift after a while, but I have one in my left eye in the center of my vision that has not moved or changed in about 5 or 6 years now, since it appeared.

I reckon everyone is different, so maybe yours will go away with time and gradual wearing down of the detritus materials.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. It sounds very possible. Very similar to what I see.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SCOTT beilive it or not ..in my case is doubled...but I found lately that I am dealing with RICKETSIA , the extracellular parasitic bug that is floating in my body ( I call it unidentified) and BABESIA WA-1 ( DUNCANI) ...Ironicly this are every where based on DR J S not specific to one area...
http://www.personalconsult.com/articles/babesiaduncani.html

This is exactly what MICROW has said..and ACTUALLY I Am stuneed that I am so DAM RIGHT in that CASE...this is why some people are way more severe..

BEilive it or not this babesia CAME OUT as MALARIA in my case.

Now is FULLY FORCED 100% ..never treated...floaters came out...READ MICROW post about MALARIA strain in north america...HE PERSCRIBED perfectly the symtoms.

REad also Dr J S website about the types of babesia.

I asked in my case what is causing this symtoms ..it pointed babs..BLOTT SHOTT EYES, squigglis,debris....and JAW problems, tmj ..( I recall you mentioned that long time ago ) ..

WHAT exactly I identified ( BASED on me testing just to addres the answer) is BABESIA.

Hope you do not have this strain...I am afraid this is the one that CAUSED the severety in MY CASE.

Ironicly ..I got the answer that only herbs and drugs can deal with it.CAme back from MY LLMD that shows all in remission ...but HGHLY positive only malarone , bactrim and azithromacyn and artemisin combo ..( mepron also ) ...this matches exactly what i have been saying all along lately .

MALARONE seems better option for efectivness and ( less risky ) with AZITHR and ARTEMISIN ...Crypto and neem does not touch it..coptis helps only.

FYI as for RIKESTIA came out that DRUGS do not touch it...ONLY the machines that you have and VIALS for it YES .

BActrim comes that handles the parasitic infection...while I ask as well as babs.

Ironicly I have not found any other positive answers on any other metods...lately inspite of me trying to avoid DRUGS for usage.

READ microws post last 2 days....my biofeedback recognized it as MALARIA....

this time this pain is totally diferent from bartonella and ehrlichia in my case...but definitly babs...

I get an answer as THIS can not be totaly eradicated once spread well into the body ( basicly some bugs will be left always) ..and that is what Hulda and DR J always says...is hard when they reach the eyes....

In my case is untreated...when I treat it I can add more!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TadichGrill
Unregistered

I have floaters and notice them the most first thing in the morning before I get our of bed. I always thought they were normal for some reason until I was diagnosed and found out they were part of the disease.
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eye doc said once the vitreous fluid detaches from the side wall of the eye and becomes a floater it never reattaches itself. They can be removed with surgey. He tried to talk me into it, I said I will live with them. They can settle, this is why they flucate from almost invisible to annoying, atleast it is for me.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Beta carotene seems to really help with my eyes - I used to have lots of floaters but only a few every now and then.

Scott, you may already have read much of what's in the book or articles linked below. Still, if not, there is some very good materials in these pages:

-------------------

http://tinyurl.com/dc9u8c (Through Amazon)

The Eye Care Revolution: Prevent and Reverse Common Vision Problems - by Robert Abel, Jr. M.D.

You can read customer reviews and look inside the book.

==========

http://www.vrp.com/ArticlesCategory.aspx?k=Vision_Sight

32 articles on Vision and Sight

One of those:

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1068&zTYPE=2

Vision: Natural Ways to Maintain Eye Health - By Jim English

Excerpt:

. . .

A number of nutrients have been extensively studied for their ability to treat a wide variety of vision-related conditions by preventing the damage caused by free radical activity and by enhancing the delivery of blood and oxygen to the retina to help repair tissues

. . . .

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Thanks all. Lots of good information. Appreciate your thoughts.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had ricketsia and canine parvovirus in my eyes. They are gone now with alternative treatment.

Gail

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Gail, what treatment did you use and did you have visual symptoms that later resolved?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had more symptomes earlier on as vision difficulty had lots of inflammation. I never saw worms, but lots of stars. I am happy to share if you PM me.

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
somebody recently posted that chlorella tablets cured their eye issues (exactly what issues I don't know)
Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jentytib
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jentytib     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lutine works for floaters. Give it 6 weeks or so.

--------------------
http://alwaystrustyourgut.blogspot.com

Posts: 182 | From United States | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

HI SUNSHINYDAY!
I meant that RIcketsia can be killed with alternatives but MY babs NOT needs DRUGS no matter what .

IF you would like to share than please share with me I AM 100% for alternatives.

Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Not too long ago, Got uveitis 1 leading cause of blindness.
Came out no where in 15 min. was like someone taking knife & pulling in & out. Was awful. Mainly because told to go to ER. Young Dr. looking up puter saw him. Came up with migraine with-in migraine. I have had plenty migraines including God awful CLUSTER Headaches. He insisted after 8 hrs. in ER.
They cut my eye 3 areas cornea. Yikes, worse, then did not clean tip of pen they put on eye,tested 10 times, more pain being not clean tip, put herpes in eye.
Next day had to drive blind now 48hrs. agonizing pain. Went to eye doc`s/top in area.
Said uveitis/prob. from CMV virus Lymies carry.

Due to ER had to go everyday to treat each prob. separate. Nne expensive Eye Drops & medication$$$$.

SINCE had encephalitis battled out at home so not told have migraine into migraine..DUH..
Do they listen, nothing like migraine, cost me all way around health & $$$. SO was told again to go to ER. I said to me, if my time my time. Took week finally temp broke from 104, my norm is 96.6. Big diff. I finally came around after hallucinations ++++ by myself. Tad scary because I could not figured out how to call 911 at that late stage.
Sure was begin of another Lyme co-infect.
I got bit by mosquito going for mail, arm got all infected then the rest came.
Needless to say still here.
Just another Lymie story.
I had all that then Uveitis, which on 2cd page booklet mentioned it link to Lyme.
I was shocked to see & CMV involved highly likely if have Lyme.
Can lose sight next time. UGH
Hugggsss, To All In need.

Keep watch on could be CMV/Lyme linked.
Then Go to Eye Dr. a pro. not ER..
Been up 48hrs. sick so hope made some sense.

Everyone take heed, when eye involved.

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott,

I have lots of floaters, as well as pulsing vision, from the tick-borne diseases, plus after-images as a result of being on Rifampin for months.

Stephen Buhner recommends Stephania for Lyme-related eye issues. I have not tried Stephania yet, although I am on some other Buhner herbs. I look forward to trying Stephania in hopes that it will help the vision issues.

When I get to that herb, I'll let you know if I have improvement.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement