LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Neuro symptoms suddenly very bad..what's going on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Neuro symptoms suddenly very bad..what's going on?
Starfall1969
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had my 2nd LLMD appointment yesterday, and then I was feeling half decent.

Still had some eye issues and air hunger, but it wasn't super bad.

Now this morning I woke up, and my eyes are really going crazy--lots of floaters and some flashing lights and watery.

I'm also having weakness in my limbs again and stumbling a little--haven't had that for a while either

The air hunger is a little worse today too.

What is going on? Why am I suddenly getting like this? Is this typical?

He gave me a new prescription for Rifampin and one for Vitamin D, but I haven't gotten to the drug store yet.

I'm really freaking out, and really discouraged.

Help? [toilet]

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to mention headache, and now I'm getting really fatigued.

Can someone please just shoot me?

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you in antibiotic treatment? It sounds like a flare or a Herx to me. Can you remember ANY other variables other than your trip to the Doctor? ANYTHING that might cause more physical, neurological, or emotional stress? It can be a seemingly tiny thing, something you might overlook easily.

For me that kind of flare or herx can be brought on by a food, any extra activity (I am housebound and frequently bedbound), change in weather conditions, change in allergens (spring), that time of the month, less sleep,

too much stimulus (a trip to the Doctor is very rough on me, and sometimes even watching a jarring commercial or TV show, or hearing jarring noises can set it all off), the regular herx flare while on antibiotics, or the regular flares of the Lyme (or coinfections) cycles.

I probably missed some things. Anyway, in my herxes/treatment, I have had many many symptoms come from out of the blue, either worsened or brand new.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Ha, I guess there's a lot on that list that would apply.

The doctor visit was fine, but I had other running around in an unfamiliar area. I was alone and got lost several times.

Also, it was very hot in the car, with the sun coming in on me, and no AC in the car.

I was outside playing with the kids after supper last night, so physical exertion I'm not used to.

My husband spread some weed and feed this morning--that stuff makes me sick when I smell it.

And the weather has suddenly turned warm, and it's a bit humid.

So all that could possibly be triggering a flare?

No new abx yet--haven't filled it yet--but I've been on Doxy for a little over a month.

Had a herx when I first started, that was like really bad muscle and joint pain, like I was coming down with something. This is definitely different.

Thanks for the input. hopefully that's all it is.

Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Starfall,

I'm pretty new to Lyme, so this is just a thought. I read that the flare-ups can come and go in cycles of about a month.

Since it's a little over a month that you have been on Doxy maybe this is the cause.

I hope you feel better. It's a shame this happened on a weekend when your LLMD's office is probably closed.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
So sorry you are going through all that my goodness. I am assuming it is a herx and wasn't sure if you may be able to take a break for 3 days to give your body a rest and see if that helps. I have done this when need be and it has made all the difference.

Take Care,
Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALL of the things you listed Starfall would have me in a tailspin of a flare....BUT you are also in prime territory for the monthly flare on top of that AND the monthly Herx cycle that some get (you said you herxed at start of antibiotics, and now it is little more than a month later -for many that would be time for the next Herx cycle).

Some people never Herx, some Herx every month like clockwork, some have a differently-lengthed or timed Herx, and some Herx almost all of the time.

You might want ot ask your husband not to use any more chemicals on your property or in your house. Each time you are exposed can create more of a load of toxins in your already struggling detox pathways. You can be triggered into some heavy-duty Multiple Chemical Sensitivity if you don't watch your exposure. Time to break out the natural alternatives research!

Also you need to stay away from things in your food like MSG, Splenda, Aspartame, Nutra-Sweet, Saccharine, preservatives, artificial flavorings and colorings. These are another toxin load, and some are known to have powerful neurotoxin effects.

You may also want to look into natural health and beauty products, and organic meats, dairy, and produce. Any place you can remove toxins can help you in the long term, and in the short term.

Basically you want to pare down your toxin load as close as possible to JUST what your Lyme and possible coinfections are creating. The less your body has to process the more energy it has to devote to fighting the infections and healing.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jrutty
Member # 20060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jrutty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I 2nd nenet's post. My thinking was extra oxidative stress from distress or environmental toxins, chemicals and such.

The additional stressors tax our already low antioxidant supply allowing toxins to build up to more intolerable levels than we're used to.

A good quick out can be some liver flushes, coffee enemas and the like. If you need info on that I'll get some links.

Personally, my neuropathy gets terrible when I'm overloaded with toxins that build up from typical stress, or chemicals, or processed foods and occasionally mold exposure. Most especially this happens to me when I get on drugs my body doesn't need, like consuming cipro to make my doctor happy. Call me stupid, I know.

Posts: 22 | From Tampa, FL | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Thanks for the input everyone.

Well, to add to the idea of "monthly" events, my monthly visitor came a few days early, oddly enough the day after the really bad symptom flare.

I wasn't expecting that, since last month my cycle was 4 days overdue.

Oh, how I "love" being a 40 year old lymie! [Razz]

dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had the flashing lights (migraine with aura) and muscle weakness, both of which calmed with thyroid hormone supplementation, especially T3 (cytomel).
Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement