LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need Help with curious survey.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help with curious survey.
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys. I would like all of us Lymies to do this

easy test and report your findings. It may not be

anything, but I think it might be important.

Especially to people like me who were told their

blood is great while being sick. I would like for

you to take at least a 14 Kt. gold ring and rub

the gold on cheek. I would like for you to grade

a black band -on the scale of 0 for no band,

1 for slight band, 2 for dark band.

I have a very dark

band and want to see what you have. Husband has

none and daughters is slight. Simple and fades

quickly on most but lasts a while on some. Thanks

for helping. Thanks for helping and hope you have

fun doing this.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG...I just did it and I have a very dark band like 2+...what does this mean??

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure yet Gael. I am not a chemist, but it could mean low protein and or iron. We all know how crazy our metabolisms are. Just wanting to see what happens with Lyme people. Thanks.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wear white/silver gold; NO RING!

i thought at first it was slight ring, but it was in the crease of my cheeks! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

It does not matter what color gold as long as it is 14kt.

I am looking for a black band/streak.

My sister had her cigar band gold ring on and I

was admiring it and she said let me show you this

to see if you are low in iron/protein. And she

rubbed it on all of our family's faces,6 of us.

Face is important. Some people use this test to

determine if a piece they are buying is real

gold.Everyone was shocked to see the dark black

band on me. I am thinking it could be used by

doctors who find another patient like me who was

told repeatedly "Your blood looks great". It is

not and if proven could save that patient at

least another years grief.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Leelee
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll do that as soon as I eat my breakfast and take a shower.

This is really interesting. I actually tested low for blood protein.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Me too Leelee when they finally believed me.

I don't know if it will work if just fresh washed?

So you might want to try it later in the day also.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

tpap1006
Member # 19634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tpap1006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of years ago I was taking only a multivitamin daily, I didn't want to get a flu shot b/c of the lyme.

I started taking echinecia (sp?) after taking the highest rec. dosage for about a week I noticed the gold chain around my neck (wore 24/7

for years) was leaving a greenish-black band around my neck and a gold ring on my finger had that also.

I cleaned my jewelry cleaned my neck and finger, still came back. I thought it had to be the echinecia.

Stopped it and the band went away and I never took again and never had that problem either.

I think it changed the ph in my skin.

Thats scary b/c I think if the ph is unbalanced for along time it increases your chance of cancer.

Posts: 65 | From massachussettes | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeparfait
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting,
Mine was moderately dark 1+
My daughters was very dark 2 +
My husband had no dark band!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Thanks tpap,

do you have a streak on face now?

It does not do this to my hands.

I think it might be hormonal in nature because

it is usually just in face. Meaning Thyroid,

Parathyroid, Female hormones, maybe male hormone

other metals that may not be toxic. I don't know.

The echineacea may have been fighting the lyme?

I don't know. These are the things I am curious

about. If people who have it have common

denominators? By the Bb being intercellular we

have to have our PH all messed up. I wish I was

smarter. Need lots more input. This is why I

asked.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Thanks Lymeparfait, by posting here maybe we can come up with something?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No black spot on my face-0

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember gold shots given to try to halt RA?

Nice try. Wrong mineral/metal.

Copper bracelets....another try.

"the reason you are getting black marks is due to a reaction with the alloy in the gold and the

acid content of your body.

It is a very common problem."

Interesting discussion:

http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/misc/faq/gold-spots.shtml

Read other posts here:

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=30565

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080214145343AAyb0pq

[ 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a theory about the Copper Rings used for Arthritis. I believe they may have worked somewhat because they acted as a simple Lakhovsky Coil. The bracelet slightly concentrated ambient frequencies helping to repair the immediate area. Any metal should have worked.

Or it may be bull altogether.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't get any reaction at all. But, I think this thread is interesting. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver to turn skin blue to absorb the red wavelength?

Dangerous.Look at this picture and watch the video for a real mind - blower!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22536241/

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Dark streak on the face... and slightly dark on my hand.

I think it's the acid too. Long years ago I had trouble with my jewelry doing that to me and someone said I had too much acid in my body.

It's not that way now..... BUT.. I must still be a little too acidic???

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Please jump to the discussion of Bb's toxins and the "metals"/minerals. Scroll down...
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just did this, and I got a dark streak--a 2 I'd say.

Tried it on hubby and both boys, and they get no band at all.

Weird!!!!

Someone said something about acidity--I've been drinking lemon water for detoxing, could that have something to do with it?

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starfall1969:

Someone said something about acidity--I've been drinking lemon water for detoxing, could that have something to do with it? [/QB]

Not sure. I thought I'd heard that drinking lemon water actually made us less acidic....but I don't know for sure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/\/\/\/\
Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lemon water=Alkaline
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyjk4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My line is a 2 for sure

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

Posts: 330 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Okay, here's one to add to your survey!

i did this yesterday and got a 2.

I was in at the hiropractor today, and I wanted to show her this, because I thought it was so freaky.

So I took my ring off and did the same thing as yesterday--AND NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!

No line, no nothing.

Now explain that one!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement