LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » what causes muscle tightness and pain besides lyme? babs? Candida?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what causes muscle tightness and pain besides lyme? babs? Candida?
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyjohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone know?
i have ongoing pain and tightness in muscles esp shoulders, upper arms, chest...
and others
i do stretch and eat well, drink enough...

thanks!

--------------------
do your best to educate the rest because
9 out of 10 doctors don't know jack about tick borne illnesses

Posts: 437 | From shawangunk mountains, ny | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bartonella spine through neck throught both side of ears chocking feeling mixed with lyme ...fry bug ( shoulders )for shure , babs neck towards uppper head , tmj also chest ....
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyjohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh
it is mostly shoulders, triceps, outer pecs (anterior shoulders), sometimes forearms...
painful in morning but not while doing activities.
the more active i am, the better i feel. when i stop, the tightness will creep up over the next 12-24 hours.
if i stop activities for a few days, w/ out stretching, i get tighter.

--------------------

Posts: 437 | From shawangunk mountains, ny | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not enough deep sleep.

Experts say that if you take a person who does not have chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, and you wake them every time they begin deep sleep they after a few days they will have the symptoms of chronic fatigue and fibro.

Your muscles can not "heal" at night. And, to get that "healing" you need, you need deep sleep.

At least that is what I have read over and over.

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
magnesium deficiency?
Posts: 236 | From Illinois | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

i take a bunch of mg...but the muscle cramps still keep happening!

i sleep ok, too...after my visit to germany, i no longer need sleep med (herbs) at all. i even sometimes sleep 10 hours!

--------------------

bwillis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwillis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you on abx. The die off causes muscle spasms and the cyst form loves tendons and ligaments, areas like shoulders and neck. As you kill more bugs they try harder to go deeper. Then when lysis occurs, the toxins are released into those tendon areas making them tight and sore.

That's how my LLD explained it to me.

Posts: 199 | From utah | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

bwillis
thank you!!!!
do you know how to clear out the lysis??
i have cleared lyme...in germany. but i still maybe have babs.
but dang if i just got rid of the muscle pains and weakness i'd be almost normal again!

--------------------

bwillis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwillis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lysis is the destruction of the cyst form, or any off the other forms as well. If you have no more Bb at all your pain is not from toxins ing released when the Bb cell explodes. It might still be from the toxins that were released earlier.
Posts: 199 | From utah | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

how can i get rid of this?

--------------------

seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you ever figure out NYJohn, PLEASE tell us all. [Smile] I'll be forever grateful. I was hoping Dr. W would've cured it.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nakita
Member # 18645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nakita         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get those pains bad from Tetracycline. They like to get in the ridges on my sholder blades. It can be anywhere around the shoulder blades. It somehow pinches the nerves that go to my hands and mkes my fingers numb.
Posts: 15 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tai
Member # 10022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a 30-year case (finally treated over the last 3) I'm down to very mild symptoms and feel quite well overall, but this muscle tightening symptom is one that has been hanging on longer than all the others. With me it is in the legs. They feel as if I'm trying to lift a 500 lb barbell. Sometimes. Other times, they feel almost normal. That's when I want to run and jump; it's so nice to experience normal legs again. Any ideas on how to achieve that full time? Drinking tonic water recently has helped ease acute, sharp pains; I'm waiting to see if will have any effect on the tight muscles.
Posts: 4 | From MD | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

i hope i can figure it out!!
i see my llmd for the first time in months, tomorrow.
when i returned from germany, i started to lightly work out again. i was taking creatine with water each workout day as dr b suggests in his guidelines (i only took 1/2 dose). i wonder if that is causing the pain.
every morning i wake up with bad muscle pains and also at night.
i felt somewhat less pains when i was swimming 3X week.
then hurt my shoulder 3 weeks ago, so stopped to let the strain heal. then theh pains came out.

--------------------

lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium depletion caused by Lyme.

If you are low, no amount of orals will restore your levels. You need IV's

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you ever find someone to IV Mg for you? No doc I've ever seen buys into RBC Mg tests being inaccurate? If anyone knows of any practicioner in Michigan willing to try IV Mg, PLEASE let me know. I suspect this may be an issue for me. I'd love to know definitely.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been in same boat as you....tried EVERYTHING...the ONLY thing that helped was supplementing with high doses of magnesium and Vitamin D....and some calcium.....
Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD did them. Funny that there would be resistance, as you see it used often on TV shows - Mag Sulfate or Mag Chloride. The only thing reason I can think of resistance to administering because it's a vaso-dilator, so if you have low blood pressure, Mag may trigger a further drop in BP.

Vitamin D25 deficiency can also cause muscle tightness, and leg pain in particular. This is an easy test to perform, and rather easy to supplement with vitamin D3.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

thanks again for the replies
well, i do have low blood pressure..i will run all of this by my llmd tomorrow.
before i went to germany, they thought that my babs, although "low positive" on the tests, was not an issue and really only lyme was.
but, before i went to germany, i did have very low mg levels. they gave me supplements that should have kicked it up, but probably didn't. and i wasn't taking supplements post- germany.
but while in germany, the doc does give his patients mg infusions. so who knows?

--------------------

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

I had taken orals, low dose, 8 times a day for a year and was still critically low when finally tested.

Good luck to you

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

got my blood results last night

everything looks great except, guess what?

really, really low in magnesium!

llmd thinks that is the problem

--------------------

Buster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella -> Anixety -> Tight Muscles
Posts: 458 | From Miss | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement