LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best Gallbladder Flushes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Gallbladder Flushes
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am absolutely convinced now after educating myself more I must try this IF it's safe. My gallbladder is becoming more of an issue. I'm interested in attempting this before going through surgery.

Could everyone who has done one successfully share your secrets? [Smile] I've read a lot online, but I like personal experience as well. I am not interested in ingesting epsom salts though.

Thanks so much.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Some methods of ' flush' can be very hard on the gallbladder and the liver - and even trigger an attack. However, a formula that contains Rhubarb may be helpful support, if used in moderation.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be VERY careful. I wanted very badly to do a flush instead of surgery but I was too afraid of getting a stone stuck in my bile duct!

As it turned out, I DID get a stone stuck in my bile duct last year...three years AFTER GB surgery. Go figure.

You could put yourself into a medical emergency .. but then again .. it could work.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here ever use Gold Coin Grass in a tincture form?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Special-Diets-768/Foods-gallbladder.htm

Topic: Special Diets

Expert: Tanya Zilberter, PhD
Date: 6/17/2006
Subject: Foods for gallbladder

Answer
gallbladder.

Some foods are recommended for increased bile secretion:

Avocado
Asparagus
Beets

Brazil nuts
Bell peppers
Broccoli

Brown Rice
Carrots
Cold-pressed flax seed oil

Garlic
Guava
Lemons

Limes
Melons
Mushrooms

Pears
Parsnips
Seaweed

Turmeric
Radish
Spinach

Tomatoes
Wheatgerm
Papaya

Plantains
Onion
Watermelon

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I don't have gallstones showing on my ultrasound or CT-scan, but I know that doesn't mean they aren't existent. I'm looking for a way to remove sludge safely and effectively.
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I don't have gallstones showing on my ultrasound or CT-scan, but I know that doesn't mean they aren't existent. I'm looking for a way to remove sludge safely and effectively.
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a liver flush & about 10 days later I started having very bad pain in my back. I think it's from my liver. I don't have any symptoms of having a bile stone lodged in a duct - just bad back pain which is probably my liver.

I did another flush & passed about 70 stones. My liver still hurts a great deal. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but I started taking some products to support my liver function.

It's been about 2 weeks & it's still quite painful. I think my liver has been a big bottleneck for toxins to pass through my system. I never realized how bad off it was until I did the flush.

If you are concerned - try a gentler approach. There are many products & packages to do a liver flush that aren't as harsh as the Hulda Clark method.

All in all - this may turn out to be the best thing I ever did. I just wasn't prepared for the excruciating pain I've been dealing with. I had no idea my liver was so bad off.

This may be the case for many of us who have been dealing with Lyme & all of the toxins from die-off & herbal remedies, supplements & drugs.

We think all of the toxins are in the bowels but they can be in other organs, too. I really couldn't believe how many stones I passed. I'm going to do another flush in about a week depending on how things go.

I think Hulda Clark says to keep doing them until you pass about 1200 stones. My poor liver... I had no idea what was going on in there!

It usually doesn't hurt to pass the stones but I was quite ill the first time. I just have a feeling it's going to take some time for my liver to heal. I don't know what a regular MD would say.

At this point, I'm not all that trusting to the "experts" since it took me 9 years to get a Lyme diagnosis in the first place.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

So that you can be aware of cautions, there are many links from a google search of: "Gallbladder flush" danger

This is just one:

http://www.vegsource.com/klaper/qa02.htm

. . . I feel that such a technique is probably useless - and in some cases, hazardous.

. . . The "broken up gallstones" in the feces are actually chips of olive oil soap, created in the intestine by the action of acid (the citric acid in the lemon juice) upon fat (the olive oil).

. . .

============

I really think that it's never a good idea to flush anything but the oil in a car and the toilet. Gentle, everyday support, is what makes our body the happiest. Extreme measures can be a shock to the body.

If your gallbladder is not screaming now, eating foods that are good support (as in the list above), steering clear of bad fats and taking in just the right amount of good fats, should keep you in good stead. Getting more fiber in the diet is good, too.

If you take rocephin, there is another medicine that needs to go with that to help protect the gallbladder, though.

==========

From Gallbladder Diet

http://www.gallbladderattack.com/gallbladderdiet.shtml

Excerpt:

Do not avoid all fats unless you are in attack or close to attack mode. Even then, a small amount of the flax oil in the beet recipe can be helpful.

** Fat-free and low-fat diets can be a cause for gallbladder problems as well as too much of the wrong fats. The body needs fats. ***

Use omega 3 oils like flax or hemp. These are both delicious on salads. Cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil is also recommended. Use with vinegar or fresh lemon juice.

. . . .

-

[ 04-28-2009, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Food containing good fat helps the gallbladder do its job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallbladder

Gallbladder

Excerpt:

The gallbladder stores about 50 mL (1.7 US fluid ounces / 1.8 Imperial fluid ounces) of bile, which is released when food containing fat enters the digestive tract, stimulating the secretion of cholecystokinin (CCK).

The bile, produced in the liver, emulsifies fats and neutralizes acids in partly digested food.

. . . .

- full page with a great illustration at link above

-

zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombie_mummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is also a yahoo group for gallstone flushing... lots of info on there.

--------------------
"Be it, don't dream it." -Dr. Frank-N-Furter

http://www.lymefriends.com/profile/zombie_mummy

Posts: 196 | From Canuckistan | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the Hulda Clark cleanse effective and helpful for many different reasons. Each time I do it, the resultant herx -- and number of stones -- lessens. No snake oil there!

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
[QB] I don't have gallstones showing on my ultrasound or CT-scan, but I know that doesn't mean they aren't existent. I'm looking for a way to remove sludge safely and effectively.

Then it might be safe.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done 4 now and like Cold Feet the number of stones reduced to this last time, to just one very small one and a lot of sludge.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: . . . The "broken up gallstones" in the feces are actually chips of olive oil soap, created in the intestine by the action of acid (the citric acid in the lemon juice) upon fat (the olive oil).

From my experience - this is definitely not what I passed. I think the gallstones are real & making it very hard for your liver to function.

Anyone who has done a flush would know this is completely untrue about chips of olive soap... What a joke...

If you go to most MDs - they would probably not even see the stones until it's time to get your gallbladder removed.

I was very ill for the first flush but the 2nd one was easier. I think it's worthwhile but you may stir up things that may be hard to deal with.

There are ways you can do this that are less severe. One is the lemon & olive oil flush. It's quite easy... You just blend a whole organic lemon with 1 tbs of olive oil & 1 & 1/2 cups of pure water.

You drink this for 5 days. In my case, I'm doing it, as needed, every other day or so.

I don't regret doing the flush but you do need to know that it may stir up some things that you never knew you had. I detoxing alot of toxins & it doesn't feel good but I think in my case, it was necessary.

Most people do not have extreme reactions like I did.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mazou
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I had the same pain on Rocephin, I didn't do my regular green apple flush. Too dramatic; I was scared.

So, instead, I juiced lemon and green apple a couple of times a day. It's really, REALLY sour, but I liked it.

I also increased my olive oil intake. Good luck whatever you do.

Posts: 636 | From Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in my opinion it is a process that can work very well, but you must become very educated on cleansing
the GB, liver, kidneys and colon; and follow a process that makes sense based on your condition and current medications, ect.

while on certain meds i would agree with maz, and look into the longer acting herbs that you take for a few to several weeks, or the drink with lemon, garlic and olive oil in the AM, ect.

if you can, and you learn of and take the steps leading up to it, i would suggest doing a clarke style flush because they are very effective and safe when done right.

after i was off IV, i did allot of other cleansing and the clark flush(es) and had the same (favorable) experience listed above.

andreas moritz has a great book on this, called something like 'secrets of health and rejuvenation.' he teaches to handle all of this safely.

then there's also 'sensible health.com', with allot of really good info, that offers an effective herbal regimen also leading up to a
full gb cleanse when you can.

julia there deals with allot of chronic health cases and this issue.

mo

[ 04-28-2009, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Mo ]

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I think there's a method involved here. It probably would be better to do the whole program as illustrated by Dr. Hulda Clark or some others.

Start with the bowels, parasites, kidneys - then liver (I think this is the order). It all just makes sense.

There's alot of great info on Curezone. This forum has alot of great info -

http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=970&p=1

There's also a forum dedicated to liver cleanses... Read up before making the decision.

That's what I would have done if I wasn't so impatient...

Dr Shulze also has some programs that seem very good.

https://web2.herbdoc.com/index.php?&c=1

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement