LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Kangen Water and Lyme disease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kangen Water and Lyme disease
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...don't anyone worry, I'm not about to buy this $4,000 water machine!!! But my brother in law is lending us his. I don't know much about it except that it produces ionized alkaline water. It's supposed to make your body alkaline, which I know is a buzz word among many health conscious folk, but I am not so impressed by it.

Anyway, I thought I read somewhere that Lyme actually likes an alkaline environment. Sorry, I'm still too new to this to spell the b word for lyme. [Big Grin] So I thought I'd post here and get your thoughts. Do you have any?

g'nite!

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can make alkaline water by adding some baking soda or lemon or both.

I'm a bit skeptical of those water machines. I'd be interested in hearing if you health improves after using it for a while. I think most diseases thrive in an acid environment. Slightly alkaline is supposed to be better.

Most foods we eat are more acid - like the standard American diet (sugar, coffee, meat, white flour, etc.). More veggies are supposed to be better & can counteract the acid foods.

There are charts of this if you are interested. You can google them. I never heard that alkaline promotes Lyme.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jasmin,

Let me know how it goes. I know someone who swears by theirs. But ya, the price is a bit much, if I had that much money, I'd be going to Dr. W in germany!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will let you know.

sparkle7, and lemon is sooo much cheaper. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebD
Member # 20166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DebD   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently heard that if you boil water for 20 minutes, the ph goes to 9. I tested & it did! Don;t think it will ionize it tho.

--------------------
DebD

Posts: 1 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

OK...it's hooked up. First thought, My teeth HATE it!!!! I have sensitive teeth and they reacted to normal temperature water as if it were iced.

I'm more excited about the acid water. I soak my rice and beans with a splash of vinegar to remove phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors. I'll save on my apple cider vinegar bill! hehehe

I also went "no poo" and hope this helps with my hair. [Big Grin]

--------------------

lymeberry
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can purchase a good ionizer for $1000. especially if you are not giving your money away to a multi level marketer.

My yeast gets worse when I am not drinking the alkalized water. It makes a noticeable difference in my health to drink ionized alkalized water.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update??

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Jasmin, you said: " . . . My teeth HATE it!!!! I have sensitive teeth and they reacted to normal temperature water as if it were iced.

I'm more excited about the acid water."

--

You might ask your dentist if this is okay for your teeth - acidic water may damage the enamel. It's just good to ask.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

this guy makes some compelling arguments about ion water
and he's not selling anything

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a water system since 4 weeks. It was 1,000
but is almost the same as Kangan. We had trouble with herxing the first weeks, so it is doing something. I can tell you more when I am fully on the high ph-water. I was using drops before, but it feels different. I am still very optimistic it might be a good addition to other treatments.
Lymeberry, what is the noticeable difference you experienced?

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

losferwrds...I'll have to check that link out.

My update: I don't notice a difference, yet.

They advise not taking medications with the kangen water because it will cause the medications to be absorbed quicker.

I also don't want alkaline water with some of my supplements, so maybe I'm not drinking enough kangen water?

I do mix the kangen water with my carrot lemon juice. I always feel much better after drinking the juice, and maybe it is partly to do with the kangen water and absorption? Or maybe it's just the juice. [Smile]

Keebler...I don't drink the acid water. I use it for soaking grains and beans.

There's a beeping sound that goes off when you use the acid water so that you are reminded not to drink it.

When the water pressure is too high, the beeping sound speeds up. It sounds like someone on life support. [Big Grin] beep....beep...beep beep beep beep...

--------------------

Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Losferwrds,

I read the article you linked to. Boy, that chemist couldn't have used any more negative language without needing a bleeper!!!

Thanks for the link!

I just had one experience of my eyesight clearing up remarkably after drinking a cup of kangen water. So, I'm looking into it.

Truly, I appreciated the blast from chemical reality land! About what I got from my husband, who's an engineer.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeberry
Unregistered

I noticed a big improvement with my immune system when I first started using a friends water ionizer. I stopped catching flus and colds all the time. I had Lyme then and was still undiagnosed.

I now have my own machine. Don't spend more than $1200.

I had a friend selling Kangen machines. She tried to get me to sell them too (the goal of all multilevel marketing companies is to build a pyramid of sales people with the people at the top raking in the bucks) and I forget how much profit you could make off each machine sold exactly but it was hefty. If you buy a water ionizer that is not from a multilevel company you can still get a good one and pay far less than a trip to Germany.

Check out Life machines I have heard they are good. I wonder just how much it makes to make a Kangen machine? My guess is not much.

Using a water ionizer definitely makes a difference in ones health.

Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm curious. Are the people here who switched to this ionized alkaline water originally on city water or well water.

My thought is, that when you switched to ionized water, you did two things.

First, you stopped drinking the city water which is loaded with Chlorine and possibly other stuff.

Second, you drank the ionized water.

So did you feel better because the water you are drinking is ionized.... or because you stopped drinking the treated water.

We are on well water, and notice a huge difference in taste if we drink city water. Just a thought.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeberry
Unregistered

I was drinking bottled spring water mostly and sometimes distilled water way before I ever used a water ionizer. I don't drink city or well water EVER.
lymeberry
Unregistered

If anyone is interested in seeing if water from an ionizer improves their health perhaps there is a company that will give a full refund if people want to return ionizers after trying them.
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

I have my own well, for the record. [Smile]

--------------------

lymeberry
Unregistered

I just called up to order two filters for my ionizer. I asked my water filter person about machines. He said with the Kagen the same thing I thought they are over priced so the person selling them will make a good profit because they are MLM.

He only sells the Jupiter brand and said he likes the Melody model. He said you can pick them up on sale for a couple hundred dollars off their $1300. price. I have also heard Life machines are good. Before buying an ionizer do some research and bargain because I would guess you can probably always get the sale price on the Jupiter Models. Do not pay $4,000!

I have found with the filters for my ionizer it is worth shopping around for as well. Different companies charge vastly different prices for the same water filter. I found the filter company now that drop ships them for some other companies and they have the best filter prices.

I really do think drinking alkalized water made with an ionzier can help when dealing with this disease. I do not want to see people wasting $4,000 on one when that is not necessary and you can get a very good machine for much less. Save your money for treatment!

I have no financial connection to any water ionizer or filter company. Drinking ionized alkaline water does make a difference or at least I noticed one.

If your LLMD is open minded you can always discuss what kind of water to drink with them. I did.

Cass A
Member # 11134

Dear Friends,

Well, a very sweet guy at the local health food store gave me about 2 gallons of kangen water from his machine. However, it was from a less alkalinized setting, probably, than what I got from the demo person. The health food store guy, Peter, told me that you're supposed to ramp up from 8 to 8.5 to 9 over time.

Anyway, I didn't get the immediate incredible increase in visual accuity that I got from the first batch I had, so I'm going to ask him to bring me some of the "strong stuff."

I have been feeling some slight improvements these two days, but then, I was also sick (either the flu or a herx from the A.I. drops) when I started. Not a good test, at any rate.

I do notice that I crave this stuff, and am drinking more water than I usually do because of that.

He told me that it helps him hydrate his discs, which were damaged severely in an auto accident. So, his pain level is much lower when using the kangen water than without it.

That's all for this report!

Best,

Cass A

lymeberry
Unregistered

Cass ionized water does not keep its charge for very long. I forget how long maybe two days so after a few days you won't really be drinking the same water he gave you on day one.

I noticed there is a book on ionized water

http://tinyurl.com/noenk4

Cass A
Member # 11134

Here's the latest report on Kangen water.

Thanks for the data on the water loosing its charge over time. That's what the guy who's giving it to me said, also! I tested the water with my handy pH strips, and it was definitely back to yuck within 3 days.

This batch, supposedly the strongest, didn't give me the eyesight change the first batch did.

I felt OK with it--didn't crave it, however.

Nothing really special happened this time.

Too bad.

Best,

Cass A

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Losferwrds -- I read the chemist's arguments and I think he does an excellent job of separating fact and fiction.

I think adding lemon is a great way to add value to water. But water by itself is great, and without anything else is a great detoxifier.

The important aspect of water is simply the electrolytes and does it hydrate us. I drank a lot of water but was still dehydrated. So ensuring there are electrolytes to help the cells hydrate might be more important then worrying about PH or alkalinity.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is drinking distilled water after you've added appropriate trace elements back into it, plus the additional of some baking soda, would that be fine?

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this a few months ago- Same thing as the kagen

http://www.lifeionizers.com/products/ionizers/under-counter-ionizers/life-ionizer-8000

It hasnt got me well but i am doing a bit better and i would guess that it has helped

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dVmrvlrUg6A

This is for the skeptics out there. Kangen is the only ionizer that is a certified medical device in Japan. It's used in hospitals there. I don't like that it's. mLM company, but I wouldnt risk my health further by not buying the best machine available.

I've only been drinking the water for one month. My life has changed for the better. I came out of remission a year ago and now I'm not doing any treatments except drinking this water It's not the alkalinity that is important people. It's also the OH- charge of the water that's very important

I don't recommend u go out and buy a machine. They are expensive. But if u can find someone near you to let u try the water for free for maybe three weeks u can see if it makes a difference in your life or not. That doesn't cost you a thing. We all know how expensive treatment is. Also, fake units are on eBay so buyer beware.

If I get to remission I will certainly post my success !

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlesprout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlesprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used a Kangen water filter for about 4-5 yrs. can't say it has helped much. Got it from my mother so didn't cost anything. Still use it.
Posts: 315 | From USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement