LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » detoxing and feeling better

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: detoxing and feeling better
linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to let the everyone out there know about a product my doctor put me on recently.

It is called Detoxamin and is used to chelate heavy metals. It is a suppository which contains EDTA and is used every other day.

I have only taken a few doses and have noticed an improvement in my energy level, and I don't ache so much. Also, I've not noticed any herxes.

I have lyme and have felt like I've had the flu for the past 20 years, so this is so encouraging.

My doc says I have a hard time ridding myself of toxins: heavy metals, bio,and neuro toxins.

He also says these can form a bio-film over the bacteria that makes it difficult for the antibiotics to get to the bacteria to kill it.

He has had me on cholestyramine for neuro and biotoxins. It is effective, but as many of you know, the herxes aren't for sissies. Although, I guess some lucky folks don't herx on it.

Right now I'm just on the Detoxamin, as I don't think my kidneys and liver could handle more than one detox agent at a time.

The doc also said I may be able to tolerate the antibiotics better after the detoxing, since I'm allergic to most of them.

I would definitely consult your llmd about these products before trying them, as they can be hard on the system, especially at first.

I in no way want to offer medical advice to anyone. I was just so excited about the improvement, I couldn't wait to get on here and share with everyone. Hope you all feel better every day. God bless.

Linky

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Detoxamin, too. My LLMD had me take it for four days, then off for three (or vice versa). I always felt better the mornings after I took it.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this a prescription or can you get it at the healthfood store?

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on eBay so looks like non-script.....

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its very expensive. $115 for 15?
Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good product. I have used a lot of it and still do cycles from time to time.

Glad to see that some of the doctors are supportive of the idea that toxins and heavy metals are part of our illnesses and incorporating treatment into their protocols.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this for lead or mercury detox?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any other way to take it besides, you know....? [Eek!]
Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detoxamin is a suppository only. It is certainly better than being hooked to IVs on an ongoing basis.

EDTA is generally presumed to do little for mercury and mostly for lead, though Detoxamin claims that it also helps for mercury - that point is debated.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

CD 57 this is for all heavy metals. You can find their website for more.

And, Snailhead, a rectal suppository is a breeze. It's far easier that way than having one more thing in the stomach. Really. Just pop it in before bed. Poof! You won't even know it's there.

Saves hundreds of dollars and so much pain from IVs. Far easier on a body, too.

--

This really just goes to show you that want is a miracle for one is a curse for another.

I am very glad to hear that so many do so well with this product because I had terrible reactions to it with increased seizures from the slightest sound or motion or flash of light.

It is important to also recognized that other "mop up" agents be taken because this may release more stuff that needs to be countered.

Cholestyramine is good; chlorella or cilantro may be others. Fish oil is good.

For me, something was not right with this. Although, after the very first one, my brain was far brighter with fog lifted. So, if anyone has responses that are not great, be sure to read up on what else can help with it or instead.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it requires a prescription, but it is powerful stuff and I would not use it without the advice of my llmd.

As I said before, it can be hard on the kidneys and liver, so since most of us are pretty sick, be cautious.

Hope this helps.

Linky

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

It does not require a prescription but, as I recall, costs about $100. for a month's supply. Still, that is thousands less the the IV chelation.

However, for some, if used less often, this could last longer.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jez, why is everything so expensive, we are all living month to month...there is always something else to have to take, or try to take to make sure we are covering all of our bases.

I have run out of money, but not bases yet....

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my llmd mentioned this as a treatment for biofilms. Has anyone heard of this?

I do not have metals... have been tested. But if it helps with biofilms, I would consider using it.

Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
???????????

natroxedone next for me.

I would like to sweat alot to detox, is that good?

There are 2/3rd the price of the gym that Im gonna join just to use the sauna and pool. Which on do I do?

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

its worth it yes or no>?

Ive got botled of stuff

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like the other person that asked this, I wonder if these suppositories would help those of us that do not have lead. I got the Doctor's Data urine testing, and we extremely low for lead (if any). I did have mercury, and a little bit of aluminum and one other.

I don't seem to be a great detox-er though.

I wonder if these could make us feel good just from the biofilm effects though if we don't have lead.

I would obviously not use them now (pregnant), but in 7 months. I need to find everything I can to get myself back on track at that point so I can take care of the baby.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeherx001,

I have a portable FIR sauna that I was using.

I ordered it from http://www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com

I got the portable one in the "normal" size and it was $250 on sale. This size would be for people 5'5-5'6" and under. I had to let it breathe for like 2 weeks because of the smell, but after that it was fine. I also use my own stool b/c the chair was the smelly-est. Just for people with multiple chemical sensitivites to know.

If you think about it, this might save you money in the long run going to the gym. But it might take awhile to spend 250 at a gym....I dunno. I really like my sauna....works really well.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you dont have any heavy metals or mercury then

what would you recommend to detox before taking

antibiotics? what remedies are there that would

not cause any herx, but make herx less? i really

need help!! i herx too strongly on everything so

cannot tolerate anything!! thanks so so much for

any help

Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeparfait
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linky

What kind of herxes come with cholestramine for you?

My daughter takes this off and on for her migraines which we believe are detox related.

She just began severe chest/lung pain lately,(this is a new symptom) Cjould this just be a herx related to cholestramine?

Just trying to help her.

LP

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Radha,

I don't know of any other detox agent other than cholestyramine which is for neuro and biotoxins. My llmd says the lyme bacteria produces these toxins, which is one reason we feel so bad.

It is also effective against environmental toxins like mold etc. A good website is www.chronicneurotoxins.com. There is a lot of good info there.

Cholestyramine is effective but can cause a bad herx. Some docs prescribe a med called Actos to mitigate the herx.

It didn't work for me (the Actos), I had lower abdominal pain with it. But it works quite well for some folks.

I do plan to go back on the cholestyramine after the Detoxamin. My doc says to start with a little bit at a time and work my way up. I can take only about a quarter of the normal dose so far.

He said as the body eliminates the toxins, taking the cholestyramine gets easier. I am determined to get all this garbage out of my system!

Maybe you should consult with your doc on this one, it's all so complicated! I just know what has worked for me. I'm sorry you have such a problem with the herxes.

Another thing that can mess us up is parasites. I guess us lymies are more prone to getting them. It's totally disgusting, but you might want to look into that too.

Are you sure you don't have heavy metal toxicity? Many of us do, which makes treatment harder. I hope you find some answers soon. Take care and God bless.

Linky

linky123
Member # 19974

Hi LymeParfait,

When I take the cholestyramine I just feel rotten all over, body aches, sore feet, sometimes a headache. Like a bad case of the flu.

It knocks me off my feet for a while;I have to take breaks between doses usually a day or two.

I take very small doses, usually 1/4 of a scoop at a time, my llmd said to start off real slow and work up.

He also says to let the symptoms of the herx abate before taking another dose.

I have never had chest pain. I would ask the doc about that one; that might be serious.

I guess any symptom is possible. I have heard over and over about the difficulties people have tolerating the cholestyramine.

Some docs prescribe Actos to help the herxes. Although I don't know your daughters age, or if they prescribe it for children. You may want to ask him about that.

My doc says he's heard about every symptom in the book with this disease.

Check the website www.chronicneurotoxins.com for some good info.

Hope your daughter gets better soon!!

Take care and God bless.

Linky

dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by linky123:
I have only taken a few doses and have noticed an improvement in my energy level, and I don't ache so much. Also, I've not noticed any herxes.

Use caution since anything that makes a lymie feel better quickly is possibly doing so by turning down the immune system's fight against the infection.
Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dguy,

The body is designed to regulate the immune system's attacks and if it did not do so, the immune system could literally kill the patient.

Auto immunity is precisely when the immune system is in overdrive and the checks and balances are no longer functioning adequately to stop the immune system attacks. That is not a good thing.

Vit D is one of the checks and balances our bodies have. Vit D has much research proving its health benefits in preventing cancers, stopping viral infections, bacterial infections, reining in inflammation.

My doctor does not like flares. She feels flares (herxes) are a sign we are killing faster than the body can eliminate the toxic die off and damage absolutely will result.

I believe 5 mths of relentless lyme attack when I was first diagnosed is exactly what threw me into rheumatoid arthritis.

Initially, I was severe RA with inflammation in every single joint of my body except my spine and hips. That much inflammation can and does kill. Not only are the joints inflammed but also the heart, liver, kidneys, lungs. DANGEROUS!

I do not take steroids but I do supplement Vit D3 at 5000 IU daily. Within 30 days of beginning Vit D3, my inflammation dropped dramatically and 3 finger joints that had large nodules on them began to shrink. That was last October. Today, the nodules are nearly gone. The fingers are fully functional.

Don't be afraid of things that make you feel better as long as they are working with the body like Vit D3 or helping to clear the body like chelation products.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by luvs2ride:
dguy,

The body is designed to regulate the immune system's attacks and if it did not do so, the immune system could literally kill the patient.

Auto immunity is precisely when the immune system is in overdrive and the checks and balances are no longer functioning adequately to stop the immune system attacks. That is not a good thing.

Vit D is one of the checks and balances our bodies have. Vit D has much research proving its health benefits in preventing cancers, stopping viral infections, bacterial infections, reining in inflammation.

My doctor does not like flares. She feels flares (herxes) are a sign we are killing faster than the body can eliminate the toxic die off and damage absolutely will result.

I believe 5 mths of relentless lyme attack when I was first diagnosed is exactly what threw me into rheumatoid arthritis.

Initially, I was severe RA with inflammation in every single joint of my body except my spine and hips. That much inflammation can and does kill. Not only are the joints inflammed but also the heart, liver, kidneys, lungs. DANGEROUS!

I do not take steroids but I do supplement Vit D3 at 5000 IU daily. Within 30 days of beginning Vit D3, my inflammation dropped dramatically and 3 finger joints that had large nodules on them began to shrink. That was last October. Today, the nodules are nearly gone. The fingers are fully functional.

Don't be afraid of things that make you feel better as long as they are working with the body like Vit D3 or helping to clear the body like chelation products.

What she said!
Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement