LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme tracker / Excel based recovery tool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme tracker / Excel based recovery tool
Lyme n Bean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme n Bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All, I set up an excel based tracking system in 2001 for symtoms. I would frequently forward it to my old LLMD. You can modify the Tracker for your own specific symtoms and log in your levels each day of the month. The month is tracked with a total value and you can see your progress from month to month. I found it to be extremely helpful. I am now looking back on old months from 2005 that I filed from my last relapse, and it is very helpful to correlate current problems.

Frankly you can almost plan your month by the cycle and patterns of your good an bad days.

I'd like to share the file, is there somewhere i can upload it so everyone can use it?

You can e-mail me as well, and i'll pass it along

Good health! JP

Posts: 123 | From Swainton, NJ USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jp,

go to top of the forum page, and click on moderator lou b's name.

send him a pm from there, and copy your link above so he can read it; he'll decide.

i don't know if it's possible or not; but he has major computer expertise !!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme n Bean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme n Bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you would like the lyme tracker sent to you please include your e-mail so i can forward file to you. i can not send the file without your e-mail address. thank! JP
Posts: 123 | From Swainton, NJ USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme n Bean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 139

If you like the tool post you comments so it stays on the front page. I'm not promoting this tool, i just think its a tool most Lymies will find very helpful.

identifing the cycle and having accurate historic information for reactions to drugs etc are so very helpful for long term treatment. When I was sick, I could not remember small things, Now i have over 3 year of treatment to review. Good health. As i improved i planned my vacations around the the sweet spots in the month for me. It also helped me be more social etc. JP

Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JP - your chart is the best !!!!!
Thanks so much. I customized mine to my symptoms. I always knew I should keep a journal - never did - and this chart is better - quick and easy to use!!!

Everyone should have a look!!

-p

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raki
Member # 19266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the spread sheet- This will be extremely helpful in tracking my daily progress- Keep up the good work
Posts: 16 | From MA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme n Bean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 139

just want to remind everyone to included your e-mail when requesting the Lyme tracker. I have had many requests that have not included an address. I can not reply unless you e-mail is included with your e-mail request. Thanks! JP
CathyMary
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CathyMary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JP,

Thanks for sending me the excel symptom file you

created. I would of never thought of doing it.

I can edit it to suit my needs.

I can print it for a doctor visit too.

A very handy dandy tool.

Posts: 105 | From Mass | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JP,

This looks great. I have saved it and will be using it.

My doctor will thank you too.

Susan

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugi1960
Member # 20301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugi1960     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lyme n Bean for the Excel tracker. I added a few rows to personalize it for my stress level and exercise miles.

Great idea for us to track trends.

--------------------
pen

Posts: 23 | From Quakertown, PA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jam338     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sending it to me. You did a GREAT job, everyone should have this in my opinion.

Ever since I was first diagnosed I have wanted something like this and wondered why none of my doctors have something like this for their patients to track symptoms in association with medication changes, etc.

I tried several times to develop something but have severe cognitive problems where it is hard for me to learn new technical things. I don't even know how to make a form in Excel, but even I can use this form!

For others, it has a column with symptoms and then 31 columns for every day of the month to check off.

It is definitely a real tracking form day to day so that you would be able see visual patterns of when things changed.

Great job!!! Thanks for doing it and your thoughtfulness in sharing with all of us!

I am going to share this with all my doctors and hope they give it out to patients.

Posts: 495 | From SF Bay area, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement