LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anybody fly to Dr. C. in MO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anybody fly to Dr. C. in MO
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an apt. with him July 1st for the first time. I am thinking of flying instead of

driving. If anybody out there flies into see him can you tell me what airport you fly into

and how far it is from his office. Also, in his packet he listed a few hotels to stay at. Anybody have a hotel that they would recommend.
Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Marcie

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ichelp73
Member # 19559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ichelp73     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay at the comfort inn - great rate and they shuttle you to / from his office for free. Also free breakfast - can't beat it!
Posts: 81 | From Birmingham, AL | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We flew into Springfield.
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We always flew into Kansas City, Missouri. Unfortunately it is about a 3 1/2 drive from there to the doctor's office. We rented a car at the airport.

It was just too expensive for us to fly into Springfield/Branson.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springfield/Branson.

It's about 30-45 min to his office... maybe less, depending upon traffic.

Check prices. They may have specials right now because they just opened a new terminal.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Lamplighter hotel which is the one right by his office. There are two. I can't remember the street name, though.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orrn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orrn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Lamplighter is the one that if you tell them you are there to see Dr. C they will give you a discount.

At least they used to. You might ask his office staff?

I never stayed in Springfield, as we would try to drive a couple hours towards home after the appt.

orrn

Posts: 239 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from the private flight area (forgot the specific name of that)of the airport it was about 15-20 minute ride.

They usually had courtesy cars they give you for free.

But when they were all out a cab cost about 25 bucks each way!!

Flew out of the downtown airport ONCE,,,never again,,that is a terrible airport and was NO clser I dont think.

The loop of interstate around the city helps alot. make a couple right turns off that at proper spots and your right there. When you see that McKee "D"s sign, your there!!

And they ARE correct,normal flights to and from there are REAL expensive AND time consuming because connections dont correspond!! You will be laying over for most of a whole day to go 500 miles.

I checked bus connections from here too,,,they were JUST as bad!! Time and money wise. I could drive there twice as fast and just as much money,,,flights same way!!

Private flights were my ONLY option!!!being--just don-

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your relpies. I did look into the Branson/Springfield Airport. Some of the

airlines had some good deals, but I was trying to get away from renting a car since it is about

a half hour away from his office. I guess if I fly I might not have a choice. Private flights is not an option for me. I would be to afraid

to get onto one of those small planes! Plus it would be too much money.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were to do it over again,,,I would network with others from your area that see him also.

Coordinate when appointments are set,,,and form a carpool.

Time wise it would be about the same as flying,believe it or not. and money wise WAAAAAAY cheaper if splitting 3 or 4 ways for gas etc.

Besides it CAN be fun to share road time with fellow lymies!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hiker53:
I like the Lamplighter hotel which is the one right by his office. There are two. I can't remember the street name, though.

It's at the corner of Glenstone and Sunshine. It's Lamplighter South.

I think Comfort Inn might be a better choice though.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

If anyone needs phone numbers of the motels, I have a Springfield phonebook.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

KaitlinB
Member # 11718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaitlinB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We stay at the Comfort Inn-Medical District when we see Dr. C. It is almost new, smoke-free and very nice.

Be sure to ask for a room that faces away from the freeway though (it can get a bit noisy is you don't wear earplugs).

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-springfield-missouri-MO209?sid=rYwEg.sUqISgiNh.8&sarea=13439&sname=Springfield&sstate=MO&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=37.18339920043945&slon=-9 3.31670379638672&schain=A&exp=&scity=Springfield&sort=&type=&map=n&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=1&nchild2=0&nadult3=1&nchild3=0&nadult4=1&nchild4=0&nadult5=1&nchild5=0

(Sorry about the long URl..you can google "Comfort Suites Medical District Springfield,MO" and find it).

We have flown into Kansas City, Tulsa & Springfield for our appointments.

Tulsa is about a 3 hr drive, Kansas City a little further. We liked flying into Springfield the best (so much easier), but it is expensive.

If you are lucky you might be able to book a reasonably priced flight into Springfield if the airline is running a special.

--------------------
Kaitlin

Posts: 67 | From CO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

icehelp- did you stay at the Comfort Inn on Battlefield? On the paperwork I got from the office it says they provide trasportaion to and from the office and from the airport.

Kaitlin- Thank you for the link

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We stayed at the Lamplighter Inn South which is about a mile away from his office. It's okay and reasonable.

Hubby is sick of driving, too, and we're considering flying.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Cherylsue- Not sure where you are at in IL, but I am flying out of Midway in Chicago. I am from Chicago and am dropping my kids of at my mom's.

Delta has a flight that is 230.00 round trip, but has layovers. The total flight time is 4 hours their and 5 back, so it might not be worth

flying if you only have an eight hour drive. I am going by myself and do not want to drive that far. Flying out of Detroit is 300.00. I am not a big fan of driving long distance so flying to

me is worth it. I get car sick and I am like a kid with, are we their yet!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement