LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Who has had improvement and why and how?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who has had improvement and why and how?
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious.

Out of all the people here, who is improved or has improvements?

What was it that you did or took that contributed to that improvement.

Thank you ahead of time. This might help us all see links to symptoms and what has helped as a whole group? We will see.
It is so hard to tell by sifting through and reading tons of threads and posts.

Thank you

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am improved.

I took abx for 20 months and had a lot of improvement with them. I was on high dose combinations for Lyme/babs/bart. Late in treatment I felt good in the afternoons, but still had insomnia and felt severely fatigued till noon along with other misc. symptoms. I still had regular monthly flares lasting a couple days where I had enough symptoms that I would rest all day.

I got off abx and went to Germany for Bionic 880 treatment. When I stopped the abx, I felt worse, but then improved on the photon treatment. I no longer have the crushing fatigue though I still have a handful of more minor symptoms that I am working on.

I think that after being sick for so long, getting rid of the Lyme is one step to regaining health. I have taken abx, antimalarials, herbs, other supps, and used photon treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very new in my Lyme treament. About 1 month ago, I could not sit in a chair or walk, heart palpitations, trouble breathing, etc.

After being on IV Rocephin for over 1 month, I can breath better, sit in a chair, beginning to take short walks in my subdivision. I drove for the first time in 2 months. I thank God -- I feel like He saved my life.

I am still very new in treatment and saw my LLMD for the first time and we tested for co-infections -- awaiting results. Further progress is much needed, but I see some improvement.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you morningsong!!!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've been at Lyme and company for over 2.5 years.

Babesia seems to be the hardest bug for me to get rid of.

Maybe I have the "new mystery bug".

However, I am back to work full time.

I can walk, talk and remember things now.

I can make it through a day, while tired at the end,

Can still clean house, do homework with my children and cook dinner.

I have been on a multitude of oral combinations.

However, diflucan (which I take daily for 60 days with a 2 wk break),

Seems to be the medicine which has really "changed"

My overall abilities. I've been doing this protocol for 18 months.

Remember, it is a marathon and not a sprint.

I am not finished yet, but I think the Finish line may be in sight.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Spring,

You have very good questions.

Alot of us are still trying to find these answers! I have recovered almost to normal.

I had lyme for 8 months before I was diagnosed. I was on abx for 8 months.

Now currently on TOA cats claw and lots of vitamins and herbal supplements. MY LLMD thinks I was treated for a very short time.

My recovery to this point would not have occurred without antibiotics. I am sure of that. My LLMD believes that until your symptoms disappear for 3 solid months, you must still treat. (who really knows?)

At this point, your immune system damage, measured by the CD57 test, supposedly is critical in whether or not you will relapse.

Most doctors agree that relapse is certain if your levels arent at least 120. Mine was 45 at the end of treatment.

(Those that have high CD counts are supposedly suffer from coinfections.) This test is still not conclusive.

And, everyone's treatment is different--simply because they could only have lyme, they could have lyme with coinfections, or have high level of heavy metals and/or viruses in addition to the tick born disease. Or combinations of all of the above. I could even be missing stuff too.

Am I cured, NO. Will I relapse? I am fighting it this very minute. But I made progress and I am back to 98% normal and functioning. yay!! it was pretty scary.

So, getting to your original question.. gasp.. LOL..

I believe that MY improvement came from a combination of abx, detox, exercise, herbs/supplements, etc.

Yes, I think boosting my immune system with supplements, taking probiotics, following my protocol or changing it up, exercising (to my limits) and detoxing helped me get to where I am currently. Especially exercise, once I felt well enough to do it. (baby steps)

I consider myself very lucky compared to many who post on this site.

I hope that I have helped you in some way. [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing a lot better than I was. I've been in treatment for almost 2 years. It will be 2 years in July.

The meds that have done the most for me was Rifampin (which I was on for only about 4 months, should have been on it longer) and now Mepron (so far have been on Mepron for about 6 months).

I have good days and bad days. I always did actually, but now I'm having many more good days unless I'm herxing or flaring. Some of my symptoms have gotten much better like shortness of breath which I don't have much at all anymore unless I'm herxing, and some others. Then some are still there as they always were but come and go as do the good and bad days.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't attribute any one improvement to any one therapy. My babs symptoms got better with babs treatment, bart with bart treatment but not any one symptom with any one treatment (except for say, air hunger and night sweats with babs treatment).

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was infected three years ago and started treatment 15 months ago. I had the typical migrating waxing and waning symptoms but got so sick I could not get out of bed. I was on 400 mg doxy for two months. Then on Ketek for two months. Feeling much better I went on Zhang's herbs but relapsed. I started doxy again in December. In Feb. I went to an LLMD that diagnosed bartonella. I went on levaquin but could only tolerate it for 5 weeks because I developed tendon problems. But many of my bart symptoms such as depression, feeling detached from myself and life, and lace of motivation were gone. When i tried to switch abx there was nothing I could tolerate at that point because it made me dizzy or increased the tendon/ muscle pain.
I bought Shaller's book and took to heart what he says that none of the herbal protocols work unless taken in "very large doses". I now use HH capsules to treat bart - nine a day and increasing.
I use cumanda or quina and samento to treat lyme - about 80 drops of each per day. I take 500 mg grapefruit seed extract to attack the cyst form of lyme and the herbs and supplements given to me by the LLMD. I also rub 50% DMSO on my skin every day after my bath as it is a powerful antioxidant that penetrates into the tissue. It is also anti-inflammatory and kills bacteria. I see a little improvement in that the swelling around the tops of my ankles is reduced and it does not hurt as much.
I always herx on the full moon. Last night I had a headache. Usually I have a lot of twitiching, pins and needles, chills, headache etc. The tendontitis is getting better in my arm.
If it was not for the pain, I would say I feel well. But I have felt nearly well before and it has come back.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement