LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Salt/C - Your experiences?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Salt/C - Your experiences?
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see this Gael person being the "sole" promoter of this website around here and I am questioning this entire thing in general (lymephotos.com)

Then I find this link which more or less proves that the owners of that website ARE indeed profiting from it.

And who knows about this site now that I think about it? The whole lyme community is a bunch of "parasites" I'm thinking now, no pun intended.

Read for yourself.

http://lymeblog.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1242

Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toppers,

I was only trying to give you another insight as to what may be causing your symptoms. I am not promoting anything and have no connection to the website.

I have been very sick like you and was only giving you another option to contemplate. You will find pros and cons to the salt/c protocol.

However, I find it very disturbing that you have come onto lymenet looking for help only to end up insulting us (the lyme community) and referring to us as a bunch of "parasites".

You also posted in General about marijuana and wanted people to pm you for "more info". which you deleted per request.

Frankly my dear I don't give a darn whether you or anyone else does the salt/c protocol. I am 80-90% better and I am only trying to give people that are suffering another option.

I find it very suspicious that you have come on here with only 16 posts and you seem to want to stir up controversy.

There are some very sick people here who try and help each other. Being part of the solution is much more productive.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for attacking you and I wasn't referring to this site in particular as parasites, just the entire "mystery illness lyme mercury this and that" opportunists that is the internet. It's all very confusing and frankly quite ****ty to try and filter through this.

Now can you address the link I provided and dispute the info within it? If not, I will be left with the conclusion that it is more or less, a hoax of one form or another with hidden agendas. $$$

Again, doing a quick search, you are the only one promoting this. I just find it strange.

Regarding marijuana, it is tried and true relief from many diseases. I can't say the same for anything else I have run across.

Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did salt/C for one year and saw not one bit of improvment. Although antibiotics tore up my gut, I did get a little improvement from them after one year. I won't do antibiotics anymore, though, and I won't touch the salt/C protocol.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I gleaned is the salt/ c is an excellent anti parasitic that should be used no more than 30 days at a clip according to some dude Dr K.

I have yet to find any scientific proof of having any other healing properties other than diareahha and parasites in the toilet.

I a personal friends with with PHds both at Jefferson University and Drexal med in Philly that have worked exstensively on cures for AIDs, and they find the protocol and the lack of science behind it ludacris, and btw, one of them has a wife cdc positive with lyme. Same with Rife. Everytime I ask a question about rife some ham n egger is offering me a some guys phone number name dan that will sell me one for 500 bucks, a bunch of bull**** in my opinion, how can you find resonant frequencys to kill organisms that are nearly impossible to find with a dark field microscope??

Show me the proof, if your ****ting worms cook your pork longer, show me it changing blood cells and detroying spiroketes and spect scans reversing.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

OK the Salt C theory is.

The salt kills the protecting parasites /biofilms etc and the C boosts/awakens the immune system that is suppressed.

So in a person that show nearly no bands cept maybe 41, once they take the vail off of the ketes with salt and kick up the immune system with c, they should light up like christmas tree on a WB, right,??? shouldn't be so hard to prove and remove all the contoversy, and all you need to do is send a before and after to IGENEX right???? God lymephotos can produce micropic text book photos of nemotodes but zero results of blood work BULL****!

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a non-polite way to introduce yourself on this forum. [Frown] I don't do salt/C, but how about some respect for people?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

All I am askin for is some science, not bs that people in biblical times ate 20grams of salt, they also lived to 40 if they were lucky!

Look lymephotos is nonsense, its merely a site to lead people to lyme startegies that may or may not get your 30 bucks.

The people are able to produce remarkabke text book qualitiy photos not available of micropic parasites on any professional lyme orginaztion sites, yet cannot produce simple things like before and after blood work??? Or any medical records at all, you need to be monitored if you are gonna take in that amount of sodium, why not a diary of blood tests, **** they took the time to get text book quality pics of every none lyme pathogen, they couldn't post their blood work or any other corresponding medical information??

Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Well that confirms it, it's hokus pokus. And I suspect Gael as being a mole for the profiting website mentioned in the link up above.

I think the Salt/C conspirators from "Lyme strategies" need a good "bull**** protocol" cleansing.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toppers,

Rita Stanley is a journalist who has provided nothing but erroneous information about Lyme disease and what her "opinion" is about the salt/c protocol. People with Phds don't necessarily have medical backgrounds.

I did 4 yrs of antibiotics including 6 mos of IV rocephin. I did 2 yrs of IVIG...6 mos of strong herbs...

I am sure they all helped, but the protocol that helped me the most was the salt/c. The "ONLY" reason I post it here is because it worked for me when nothing else did.

Just trying to give people some hope that have had treatment failures with other things. I constantly see posts about peoples suffering and that they are at their wits end.

We don't have that many options. FYI salts put parasites into osmotic shock and that is the principal. I am a medical professional and was trained in allopathic medicine.

Alternative medicine is not all that popular here and that is why you don't see anyone else posting about salt/c. You can come to your own conclusions and you have the freedom of choice to do whatever protocol you like.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

If you are a medical professional then you should recognize how silly and unscientific these claims are:

"The e-pamphlet (30 pages) sent to me didn't bother with the worm concept--perhaps it was too difficult to justify or it was simply too much even for the author. However, he does mention how salt ``ruptures'' Borrelia, using ``science-speak''. The explanation falls under the ``if you can't convince `em, confuse `em'' category and could be viewed as a classic example of pseudoscience , mixing fact, fancy words, and fantasy to come to a fantastical conclusion.

Even if you do not understand basic electrolyte balance in the body--how the body regulates sodium chloride and other ionic substances--the author's basic conjecture is easily questioned anyway: why do Lyme spirochetes `rupture' yet no other cells in the body do the same?"

She R Lock
Member # 18823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for She R Lock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toppers asked on an earlier thread about Palpitations and SOB... Gael recommended Salt/C which she claims works miracles for her. This is rediculous and I'm glad you mentioned something with the link above Toppers. Excess C comes out in the Urine but Excessive Sodium can do more harm than good. The recommendation for sodium as you can see on any food label is 2400mg daily. Most Americans consume in excess of 5000mg daily from diet alone. Increasing Sodium can be very dangerous especially if you are not monitored closely by a health professional. Excess sodium can cause problems with fluid retention, electrolyte imbalance, heart and kidney problems, stroke, gastric cancer, HBP and osteoporosis. No wonder Salt/C was banned on the Canadian Lyme site.

--------------------
Sherlock

Posts: 31 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

Gael,

How were you diagnosed, are you CDC positive or clinicaly diagnosed?

What co-infections do you have if any?

I wanna believe in rife and salt and c, but I need proof other than I feel 90% better.

All I want is rifer or salter to step up to the plate with something more than I feel 90% better, is that so much to ask?

Do you have any abmormal bloodwork that reversed with time.

I honestly don't think you have an agenda, but I wish someone would could give me something more than a testomonial based on symptom improvements.

She R Lock
Member # 18823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for She R Lock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rita Stanley knows what she is talking about and so do I! Gael it would be a good idea to stop encouraging this regimen.

--------------------
Sherlock

Posts: 31 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Here is the bottom line for me. Everything in those lymephotos is EXACTLY what came pouring out of me in the toilet.

That's all the proof I need. You have the freedom of choice to have an open mind and possibly rid yourself of this horrific disease or search for something else that might help you.

To continue debating this serves no purpose and calling me names is something that is not exceptable here.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

losferwrds
Unregistered

Whois calling you name other than Gael,

all I want to know is how you were diagnosed?
and
What medical protocols failed you.

I don't like dropping $180 a month plus abx to a LLMD.

I wanna believe in Salt/C and/or Rife but need more proof.

The limephotos are not macrosopic, you can't see them in your toilet. I agree salt will get rid of parasites and dr k proved that, and I believe you had worms why hasn't he or anyother medical professional come to the conclusion that is all thats needed.

My doc is on the board of ILADS and laughed out loud when I mentioned salt c and rife, hey mayne the doc is wrong but you gotta give me more than I feel great. How do you know you didn't just have worms?

Once again HOW WERE YOU DIAGNOSED WHAT WERE YOUR SYMPTOMS, I want to believe, i really do.

springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on now. Be respectful ...

You know what.. Every protocol that is used for Lyme there is not any real evidence for .>Hence the ongoing debates on Antibiotics and everything in between.

We all have to make choices on what we find and are told and by our own research for the most part..

If someone else chooses something and you do not...respect them and move on.

The information and experience was given to you and I myself and glad to hear of Anyone at all who feels better from this horrid disease.

What they did may help me or not. It may help a ton of people or not. There are a ton of various experiences on here and various protocols. And we do NOT expect everyone who feels better on a certain thing to produce evidence for the rest of the world. People post here with experiences and supply what the know. It its not good enough for you .. move on..

Take what you want and leave the rest.. and be respectful above all else..

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

losferwrds..

I was dx in 1999 by a very reputable LLMD with borrelia, bartonella, erlichiosis and babesia. I was CDC positive. My doctor also found a bullseye on top of my head after 25+ yrs of being bitten.

Sea salt (NOT TABLE SALT) has many minerals that we need and also supports the adrenals. It is also water soluble.

Salt has been used for healing for thousands of yrs and was considered to be very valuable. Salt is a natural broad spectrum antibiotic.

Also a lot of us are salt deficient which can lead to disease, Don't know if this answers your question or not. I wish everyone healing from this horrific disease.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

P. S

The parasites ARE Macroscopic...I have seen them first hand and some are very large just like they are in the photos. I know, hard to believe...but true

You have to remember that LLMDS were reg MDS before they specialized in Lyme disease. In my experience they are pretty conventional unless they have been exposed to alternative medicine. There are LLMDS that are becoming more open.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

losferwrds
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by springshowers:
Come on now. Be respectful ...

You know what.. Every protocol that is used for Lyme there is not any real evidence for .>Hence the ongoing debates on Antibiotics and everything in between.

We all have to make choices on what we find and are told and by our own research for the most part..

If someone else chooses something and you do not...respect them and move on.

The information and experience was given to you and I myself and glad to hear of Anyone at all who feels better from this horrid disease.

What they did may help me or not. It may help a ton of people or not. There are a ton of various experiences on here and various protocols. And we do NOT expect everyone who feels better on a certain thing to produce evidence for the rest of the world. People post here with experiences and supply what the know. It its not good enough for you .. move on..

Take what you want and leave the rest.. and be respectful above all else..

How is asking for proof disrespept, all I asked was someone to qualify their progress.

Antibiotics believe it or not are the accepted treatment and according to the CDC a CURE.

Hypothetically,, My Dog got cured of lyme, so I rubbed some her frontline between my shoulder blades and after a week of feeling bad/herxing, feel 90% better.
I have zero proof put I'll put up a myspace page with a bunch of parasite photos. And maybe it will become a protocol too.

I want to believe in salt/c and rife, but I am challengining the proponents in the hope that someone can give me scientific proof and not testamonials.

There are about 3 different companies that claim to double the size of my penis in 1 month on the net, sorry if I'm sceptical.

I believe Gael is having progress and doing great but before subjecting myself to near lethal dosages of NACL and C, I need more than a 5 year old website of questionable pics posted by a anonnymiss author that may or may not be affliated with lyme stategies and handful of lymenet posters as proof.

I am not trying to beat up Gael, I am hoping to provoke dialog from other members that can give scientific proof rather than a testamonial.

Why is it so accepted to post how horrendous you feel, but the second you challenge someone that feels great your an *******?

Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Conversely, I am trying this treatment because what do I have to lose on 8g of sodium chloride and 8,000 mg vitamin C each day? (going low)

What's crazy is that on the 2nd day I'm getting the runs bad and all the symptoms that I've had for the last 8 months, intensified by about x10 if that's possible. Not placebo or imagination, everything went through the roof and I feel like hell more than ever.

There might be a connection here, I'm going to keep posting as I do this.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Toppers,

Do I read this correctly? Are you planning to start the Salt/Vitamin C ? Sounds like you are on your second day of it.

If so, did you first get checked by your doctor and get his/her okay.

While Gael and I differ on our thoughts for this, she is clear is saying that you can't just jump into it and it's not right for everyone.

It has helped Gael and I respect that. Rather than ask a question, this thread has taken an attack mode and that is rude, to say the least.

I'm not here in support or discouragement of Salt/C (although I do advise cautions) but I am here in support of respect for how you address Gael. Starting off with "the Gael person" can be interpreted as an insult, from the tone of voice usually taken when that phrase is used for anyone.

But, something about this seems to "call" to you. I'm not sure, though, that you've had the time to study this and get checked out.

Without the preparations, this can be very dangerous if this is not the right course for you. It is up to you to take those precautions and that includes getting your heart rhythm checked, etc.

=========

It's important to be checked by your doctor first to be sure you do not have: high blood pressure; diabetes; any variations of cardiac rhythm; or and kidney problems.

There's more here to study before starting added salt to be sure this would be a good fit:

http://kurtsprotocol.blogspot.com/2007/02/cautions-about-saltc.html

Cautions about Salt/C (2007)

========

It would also be up to you to research if more would be needed to thoroughly address spirochetes in all the forms, cycles and how - and in what order - to do that.

With the proper preparations and attention to detail all along the way - this has helped some people. Remember though, that is is vital to be able to read your own responses and not to push it.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Toppers,

I don't know if you want my 2 cents here, but since I started this concerning salt/c, I would just want to make sure you are doing it correctly.

I hope you are using SEA SALT and not TABLE SALT. Also you might want to consider starting at a lower dose and ramp up. I started with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp of C.Please make sure you DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!

It sounds like you really have stirred things up and are herxing. Diarrhea can be a symptom of dieoff or bowel tolerance for vit C.

This can be a very powerful protocol so you might want to take it slower. I hope this helps you.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sammy1
Member # 12754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all-
i have been on salt c for almost one year and it has saved my life. this time lst year i wanted to kill myself. honestly. i am soooo much better and it has come from combining salt c with other alternatives like rife.

i would encourage anyone to look into it. a lot of people get scared of the word "salt" but sea salt is sooo much different than table salt.

i am honestly sooo much better. i tried abx for one year before salt c and relapsed very badly when i stopped taking them.

i know abx work for some people and that is great, i just wasn't one of them.

anyhow, please please look into the protocol. is is very cheap. also, no one profits from it. i don't make anything off telling you to try it. you can pick up the items needed at the grocery store.

best of luck to all in healing.
jody

Posts: 82 | From philadelphia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Keebler,

Thanks for your support and the information about the pros and cons of salt/c. I know you always mean well and you always post really valuable information on lymenet. I hope that whatever protocol anyone uses that we all can heal from this horrific disease.

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for jumping in here, so glad you are doing so well.

Toppers,

I forgot to mention that I have sent many people here my copy of the e-book for free so they can have a guide,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombie_mummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toppers-

there is an entire yahoo group dedicated to the salt/c protocol:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/lymestrategies/

--------------------
"Be it, don't dream it." -Dr. Frank-N-Furter

http://www.lymefriends.com/profile/zombie_mummy

Posts: 196 | From Canuckistan | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Yeah I know about the group there was some mention about it being a profiting offshoot of lymephotos, if you'll read above.

Re: Getting a doctor's approval for this: I've had every heart / blood / organ panel done and nothing shows up, ever. Perfect EKG, ct heart, yadda yadda.

I'm taking sodium chloride tablets, 4 per day right now. Isn't this on the low side? 1 gram every 4 hours with lots of Vit C.

It opened up the floodgates of hell to say the least. do I stop?

glm1111
Member # 16556

I know the original salt/c protocol called for the sodium chloride tablets, I always felt safer using Sea Salt because of the high and valuable mineral content. I think the concentration of the sodium tablets might be stronger.

I thought you said you were doing 8 gms p/day. IMO that is way to much to start with although some do.

FYI there is approx 5,000mg of sea salt in 1tsp. It's always a good idea to start slowly and ramp up and not have such severe reactions.

Also, make sure you are eating foods high in potassium like potatoes and bannanas.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

I was doing 8 yesterday originally but didn't go through with it and stopped at 4.

The protocol calls for around 16 pills of what I'm taking each day, am I wrong? 1 gram per 10 pounds of body weight. I hope I'm way undershooting the dosage to play this safe.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Wouldn't you start our VERY, VERY low and ease up gradually ?

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Toppers,

So are you saying you would ultimately take 16gm or 16,000 milligrams? I am taking 20gms a day, and I am about 130lbs. I think Sammy1 is also taking 20gms.

Keep in mind that I ramped up slowly over a period of time according to how I was herxing. You still are way under at 4 gms a day. You can always reduce the dose and start back up.

As long as you are drinking a suffucient amount of water you should be okay. The water also helps to circulate the salt which is water soluble.

If you are going to continue taking sodium chloride tablets you might want to consider taking a good mineral supplement. The Vitamin C you take should be equal amounts to the salt.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Keebler,

When I first started this protocol I started with approx 1/4 tsp (1.25mg) of salt and 1/4tsp C p/day. I am very conservative when I take any herbs or meds etc. I always ease into it.

If I had started with the sodium chloride tablets, I would have only started with 1 p/day. That's VERY conservative for this protocol. I did suggest to Topper before to start at the lower dose.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement