LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Twitching and Lyme..do you have this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Twitching and Lyme..do you have this?
iloveyou
Member # 20244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iloveyou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I have this twitching in my foot...that is endless. I have tried Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, and now I am tkaing B12. It does not stop.
BUT..when I go for a walk, I get these SMALL FAST twitches all over really quick...bam..bam..bam.
The woman taking the EMG test today said that was not a symptom she has heard of and ruled out ALS.

I wonder if other people with Lyme know what this is and what I am talking about, since the doctors don't seem to have a clue.

Thanks!

--------------------
Are you also having spiritual problems? Click Here to see if your problems are not just Lyme.

Posts: 42 | From sweden | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, twitching is a lyme symptom... do a search and you'll find tons of entries about twitching.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, twitching/muscles spasms are all a symptom of Lyme and Coinfections as well.

If you do what disturbedme said and click on the SEARCH button(top right) and type in "twitching" you are sure to find A LOT of results!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely twitching and spasms are symptoms of mine. They have pretty much subsided (hopefully forever), and they occurred in my right arm and shoulder.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iloveyou
Member # 20244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iloveyou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm..
Thanks for replying. I like this forum because people reply fast.

I have twitching in my foot. But I know that it can also be from my under active thyroid.

I know that it is a common symptom of Lyme...
I am specifically interested in hearing if other people have the FAST twitches that ocur for me after walking.
It is a very specific thing...and if you have it, you would know what I was talking about. It happens after activity and only after.
I would like to hear if you have that, and what you did or do about it.

--------------------
Are you also having spiritual problems? Click Here to see if your problems are not just Lyme.

Posts: 42 | From sweden | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Often times Bartonella.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iloveyou
Member # 20244

SForsgren...

Thanks for this. I am new here, so is this some kind of co infection? Have you heard of this? Or do you have this?
Thanks a lot.

--------------------

Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love you,
(I love your screen name!)

I too love the fast replies on this site . . .I've been here (reading/lurking) since 2000. My muscles first began twitching (fast, all over body, like a pinball bouncing around) in May of 2000. May 5th, to be exact. I can remember that date so clearly, because, as a nurse, my mind went immediately to "is it ALS, MS, or some other weird disease?".

I got online and found lyme instead.

I read on this site for a year, before I joined, and I have been here ever since.

I was treated by a LLMD (famous one in San Francisco) for 4 yrs total, with oral antibiotics, continously. My LLMD never addressed my muscle twitching, only to acknowledge that I was concerned about it, and that was it!

My muscles have twitched, intermittently, but continuously, for 9 YEARS NOW.

Wow. I come here to read other's concerns about their own muscle twitching, hoping to find that someone out there has found a "cure" for this.

But, it hasn't happened. I've learned to live with them, but they are very disturbing! I have tried all the magnesium's, except IV and IM.

Lots and lots of us here with them. You're not alone!

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too had muscle twitching which could be in any of my muscles and last sometimes for hours.
With bartonella treatment it went away.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella is a coinfection..... Have you been tested for coinfections?

There is a laundry list of infections that come along with Lyme.....

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jam338     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, twitches not only in muscles like feet, toes, thighs, entire leg....all limbs actually. And, I get it with eyes. The corner of my eye will incessantly twitch at times. Other times it feels like my eyeball even twitches.
Posts: 495 | From SF Bay area, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twitching is a prominent symptom of lyme, but other conditions can cause it as well, especially hypothyroidism...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, I have this-
I feel like an electrical wire fo haywire
BJG
Belva

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have hypothyroidism (though it's in optimal range now due to thyroid medication) and I've NEVER heard of twitching being a symptom of it.... though I could be wrong.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iloveyou:

I am specifically interested in hearing if other people have the FAST twitches that ocur for me after walking.
It is a very specific thing...and if you have it, you would know what I was talking about. It happens after activity and only after.

I think I know what you mean. I get this, mostly after walking, but sometimes after other activities too.

It feels like popcorn popping in my hamstrings. They don't feel the same as an eye twitch to me. They're hard and fast. Mine go all over the muscle, not just in one place...the reason I think of a bunch of corn kernels popping.

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iloveyou
Member # 20244

Jasmin!
YES!
That is it exactly! Popcorn! Good explanation!
WHAT THE HECK IS IT?
If I can figure out what that is, I know I can be well on the way to getting healed.
Have you asked your doctor what it could be?
Someone else above said they had it too!
Maybe it is a vitamin deficiency? Or is it some bacteria in the nerves?

--------------------

iloveyou
Member # 20244

Yes..they happen for me in the lower body...in my hamstrings and all over my legs. It does NOT happen on my upper body which is SOOOOOO weird.
Someone HAS to know what this is!!!!!

--------------------

iloveyou
Member # 20244

I am REALLY happy to hear someone write that about hypothryoid as well, because that is what I have been feeling is the cause of my problems.

--------------------

Jasmin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what causes it, and I haven't asked my doctor about it. Today I went to the doctor for the first time. [Smile] I hope you find your answers!

--------------------
Never doubt in darkness what the daylight proves to you.

Posts: 418 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kareamber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kareamber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep... get the full body twitching as well. Comes and goes like all my symptoms. Twitching is a sx of lyme.

I also get the fast twitching in lower body after exercise. I've heard this is due to inadequate fluid intake and electrolyte imbalance. Try drinking more water or gatorade while walking or exercising. I noticed it did help.

--------------------
IgeneX IGG POS 30+ 31++++ 41++
IGM 30+ 31+++ 34IND 41IND 83-93IND
Quest NEG IGG 30 and 41 only

Posts: 538 | From Everywhere | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iloveyou
Member # 20244

God, I drink so much water!
I guess I need to get my electrolytes checked.
Thanks a lot. It is interesting to hear that others also are having this that have Lyme, although I have not yet been diagnosed with it. Makes me wonder if this is the reason my life is a living hell!
Blessings...

--------------------

ThatColorGreen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThatColorGreen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as far as my foot goes,

i get such a vibrating sensation in the bottom and outside of my foot that it feels like the vibrations of a cell phone when it's on vibrate.

Fortunately, after starting treatment, the occurance has drastically decreased.

My guess is bartonella.

good luck with everything.

~Green

--------------------
...trying to be the coffee bean, not the egg.

Posts: 420 | From East Coast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My twiching is under control due to Calm, powder Mag.

It works almost instantly.
When it wears off,the twitching returns.

goodluck
BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just recently my twitching has subsided a bit -- I substituted minocycline for ceftin in my mepron/zith combo.

Allie

Posts: 300 | From Northeast | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement