LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Druuumroooool Pleeeease!! Dealing with my kazillionth relapse :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Druuumroooool Pleeeease!! Dealing with my kazillionth relapse :)
lymielauren28
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, after a long break from all things Lyme I'm back. I started feeling really good a while back and it lasted a glorious 5 months or so. While feeling good I decided to take a break from the Lyme sites. After living and breathing nothing but Lyme for going on 4 years now I felt I needed a break...my mind and body needed to focus on other things.

This one hit with a bang. I was wonderful on Wed but by Wed night my joints started aching. Within an hour I was having air hunger. I thought, "Oh great" and just went to bed. Woke up yesterday morning and oh my God, I felt like I was going to die!

Freezing cold all over, horrible brain fog, anxiety, and the worst air hunger I can remember in a long time. Also felt so sick and lightheaded that I was having a hard time just walking or standing. I laid on the couch all day and had a MASSIVE pity party for myself complete with lots of tears and tissues, lol.

BUT, today is a new day and I'm ready for the fight!!! I WILL get back to where I was. I know I can do this because I've done it before.

That being said, I sure did miss you all! No, I'm not being sarcastic, I really did!! However, I did not miss being sick [Roll Eyes]

Aaah well. Thanks for listening!

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad that you had some good months.You will get back there epecially with that determination!
Posts: 262 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you get back to good health once again soon Gosh, this site is SO depressing hearing things like this. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you relapsed lauren, but glad you had those several months of reprieve. But you are right, the odds are very much in your favor that you will reach remission again, since you already have before. You have the right attitude, that's for sure!

May I ask how you reached remission this last time? How long did you keep treating after the last symptom(s) disappeared?

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been treated for babesia yet?

YOu need to make sure babesia and/or bart are not the main issue. Don't rely on tests.

hope you are feeling better SOON!!!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....all those symptoms sound just like babs to me...do you have any artemesinin??

Also, I thought the rife was working for you....I scored a secondhand rife and no one was as surprised as me when I reacted to it....I expected nothing.

Maybe we'll see you at the chat room again???

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for the encouragement and well wishes ya'll.

Seek, no doubt it is depressing but I do want to say to any newbies that may read this that yes, I have had several relapses/setbacks but each setback is easier than the one before. Shorter in duration and easier to beat back into submission with treatment. My hope is that one day I will have my FINAL relapse/setback.

Nenet, I got there on boatloads of abx (mainly Zith and Flagyl) and antimalarials (Mepron and Malarone), as well as rifing. I've told many people that the Rife really helped me turn the corner.

TuTu, yeah I've been on several rounds of babs treatment. My last was about 3 months ago.

Charlie, I do strongly think this is Babs and not Lyme. The rife has worked marvelously for Lyme. I haven't rifed for babs but I'm going to as soon as my husband gets back in town. I'm a baby - don't want any hellacious babs herx while he isn't around to take care of me [Big Grin]

How cool that you finally tried the rife!!! I told you there's something to it! Keep using it and in a couple of months you'll likely feel better than ever. Yeah, I'll come visit in chat again soon...I've missed you guys!

Lauren

--------------------

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lauren -- how about bart? you been treated for that?

Where did you get your Rife?

Also, I have heard from many that setbacks are to be expected and not to get discouraged. You have the right attitude, so no problem!

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all a process... We just have to keep up with this as a lifestyle (unfortunately).

We don't know how long these things can go into remission for or when they will come back.

Hopefully, if we keep trying, we get get it under some sort of control.

Take care!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for answering my question about your regimen Lauren.

How long did you treat past the last symptom disappearing?

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

CD, the Zith seemed to take care of the Bart for me, which was good b/c I didn't tolerate the quinolones very well. I'll PM you the info on the rife.

Sparkle, it definately is a process...it's very important to know your bodies limits and boundaries and stay within those limits. I've had to learn that the hard way.

Nenet I continued on meds for a couple of months after but continued to Rife.

Lauren

--------------------

Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any chance this could be from the sun? It sounds like you may have seasonal symptoms-?

I had a bunch of tests, including an ANA and a biopsy after sun exposure, and what I thought was a Lyme relapse was an autoimmune reaction to the sun (they call it lupus, but, whatever).

Took me a few years and a few relapses to figure this out.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey You!

I was wondering whrer you were off to! I kind of figured that you were doing well and livin it up with that cute Beau guy [Big Grin]

You're tough Girl, you'll get through this, just like last time. I missed your sassy self but not happy to have you back......well maybe, but for selfish reasons.

Take care Lauren,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't go off meds too early next time!! Glad you're treating for babs. Don't forget bart!

and yes to the artemisinin/zith!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh GEEZE!

NOT YOU AGAIN!

[Eek!]

I am so sorry to see you here.

Just what we ALL needed!

Darn it all.....

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How was THAT for a welcome back?

Missed you too!

[Big Grin]

Get well soon... you BIG BABOON!!!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your relapse. It's quite depressing - my wife was in remission for about 9 months and relapsed this past March.

I do feel that babs, or some similar parasite, is usually the culprit in people who relapse.

Hope you reach the next remission fast, and stay there.

Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Shosty, actually the sun makes me feel better so don't think that's an issue but thanks for bringing it up. I know several Lymies that can't tolerate the sun...amazing how different we all are.

Feelfit [kiss] Awww!! I WAS living it up with that cute Beau guy, lol. I probably lived it up a little too much, which is part of my problem now! I always get to feeling good and I try and act like I'm invinceable.

Tincup! BIG BABOON? Ha! Now I know what you really think about me! [lol]

Yani, I think you're quite right about babs being the culprit in most relapses. Sure seems true for me...

Lauren

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement