LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » really bad lymph node pain on one side

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: really bad lymph node pain on one side
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have had this come and go in the past and just figured it was part of lyme

tonight it was really bad tho.

the only thing i did different today was take a 400mg garlic pill and get a massage. could either of those things caused the pain?

i came home and dranl 3 big cupps of green tea with lemon and it has gone away.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had one swollen lymph node in my neck and pain also for as long as I can remember.

Now...I don't know what it is but I can tell you it has gotten better with bart treatment. It is still swollen but does not hurt so bad.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tif
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tif     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garlic can be pretty potent depending on what it is that you are taking (exactly). IMO it would be possible that between that and the massage that you stirred a few things up in your lymph system.......

--------------------
TL

Posts: 365 | From OK | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soleil16
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soleil16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massage can stir things up in the lymph system. I can't tolerate massage anymore because I'm in so much pain afterwards.

I've seen many references to lymph node swelling caused by bartonella.

Posts: 236 | From Washington | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the lymph system carries off waste materials, I believe that swollen lymph nodes are a sign that there's been a lot of die off in or above that area.

This could be any one of the organisms, and is not tied to just one microorganism.

I would get terrible swollen lymph nodes in my neck after treating a rash on my scalp, with topical ointments for Borrelia and Babesia (Venex ointment, artemesinin gel, and others). Sometimes they were very tender and painful. Fortunately, I seem to have gotten rid of the worst of that.

Patti

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by the way, would you mind removing the two other posts you started on this same topic.

Thanks!

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll go look for the posts...i didn't seee them yet . don't know why that happened.

thank you all very much. i am kind of stressing over this. it is just so much worse and lasting so much longer than i'm used to.

also-when i tried to sleep on my right side-the side that hurts-it feels like there is a baseball in me...

then-in the middle of the night i started thinking...arm pain...heart attack...but it really is the nodes underneath-i'm familiar with the pain jut not with it being this bad or lasting this long

i guess i'll just force fluids and eat light? try to get it out?

any supps help with this? i use lipoic acid and milk thistle...

thanks again

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i tried and tried to delete the other post and it wouldn't work. on did-but i got wierd messages from the other. tried to use moderator button and that wouldn't work either???????

--------------------

5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had this too for many years. Warm compress's helped a bit.

Healing hugs [group hug]

None of the above is medical advice....just my 2 cents

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

its two days now and it let up some during the day but is worse at night

what else can cause this? its so different for me to have this i hope i'm not missing something that is not lyme related

[ 05-20-2009, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i guess its worse than last night cuz i can't sleep-it did let up during the day

i'm wondering if there is a supp i can take to help...i don't have anything to make hot compress with right now-guess i'll get something tomorrow

of course i googles it and found out:

1. if it comes on fast it could be you bumped and bruised the nodes (this would be good news..maybe the massage therapist was too ruff?)

2. it could also be lymphoma or "cat scratch fever"(guess they don't say bartonella)

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i was up til 3 and guess what helped????

i was trying not to take any drugs figuring my problem was detox and i didn't want to add to that.

i gave in and took 75mg vistaril. i used to take this to help me sleep when i had insomnia before i got my amalgams out. it is an antihistimine with anti anxiety properties and also helps keep you form peeing all night.

well-with in an hour i was sound a sleep-for 4 hrs. took the dog out and then slept 3 more hours. pain has been gone since and hour after i took visteril

a friend said maybe there was aclog in lymph and somhow antihistimine got things moving. i don't know-but wow-did it make me better quick. it was bad pain

--------------------

psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Glad to hear it. I hadn't kept up w/this thread but was about to suggest tylenol or motrin. I can see how an antihistamine would work, though. It's good to know for the future.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement