LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » floaters in eyes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: floaters in eyes?
CathyMary
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CathyMary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do floaters in eyes mean that a doctor can see

something in a person's eyes or that person can see

things floating around (like spots)?

I had some wired sensations going on with my eyes

last night while in a store.

I couldn't see right.

Not sure how to describe what happened.

I had just complained that the store seemed very

bright to me.

Posts: 105 | From Mass | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cathy,

I don't know if a dr. can see it, but I can see the floaters, esp in bright white/against a light background.

My brother, who was recently diagnosed with Lyme has a lot of vision problems, from flashing bright lights, to floaters, to problems with things 'moving', I guess he said they look like they are shaking.

I have floaters and sometimes I have a lot of problems reading things that aren't far away unless I squint. I'm 30 years old and I've never needed glasses.

I would talk to your LLMD to let him know. What meds are you on?

take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cathy,

One of my daughter's first symptoms--prior to us knowing that she was even ill at all--was her mentioning that her eyes felt fuzzy and blurry and she could see floaters before her eyes.

Turns out it is a symptom of Lyme or one of the other co-infections. She also used to complain about having the feeling that an eyelash was always irritating her eye or feeling like it was about to fall into her eye--these feelings all stopped when she started meds and also came back fairly quickly when her meds were stopped.

Hers aren't migraines, more frontal and eye pressure pain.

I get migraines--and don't have Lyme as far as I know--and the pain is always preceded by a weird "aura" of me not being able to quite seen anymore with a shaking, hazy "spot" surrounding my field of vision--it is very annoying.

This usually lasts for about half-an-hour, and then the pain of the migraine hits. The good news is that as soon as the "aura" comes on, if I take a homeopathic remedy, I usually can avoid the onset of the migraine pain.

Do you have migraines? Do migraines run in your family?

I've had migraines since 16, usually around my period, but bright lights, some foods and smells, and stress can bring them on as well. I'm actually been getting them a lot more lately and completely out of the blue--so you really never know what will bring them on.

(I've never taken prescription meds for them, usually homeopathics, but when they don't work and I really need to be functioning, I've found Excedrin Migraine to be my miracle drug--pain is gone in 45 minutes max, and I'm good to go! Wish the same were true for my daughter's headache, but the Lyme-induced headache is a whole other beast.)

Good luck.

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - when I started drinking mangosteen juice, all eye symptoms disappeared, including floaters.

If you try it, go slowly, as the juice can be powerful.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fynn
Member # 20419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I also see increasing floaters in my eyes recently (from nothing in two weeks ago). but i also have migraine. i really don't know which dr i should see.
Posts: 7 | From washington dc | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CathyMary
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CathyMary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will look into

it, them.

I have had headache non-stop but not migraines (well not my kind of migraines, which is front and behind my eyes and I haven't had in years). These

headaches I are in back and I have been dx as being

caused by occipital nerve (from stiff neck,LOL).

I think Lyme but NOoooo they say.

I did call that neuro office yesterday and spoke

to nurse, who asked lots of questions said she'd get back to me, didn't, long weekend, now.

All has been quiet with the eyes, I wonder one time thing or will be gradual decline?

Posts: 105 | From Mass | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had these links

Eye Floaters and Spots 9-07
www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm
http://www.eye-floaters.com/floaters-entopticphenomenon.php

There is also something that is called "Scheerer's phenomenon" or "blue field entoptic phenomenon".
This is basically the ability to see white blood cells traveling through in the squiggly capillaries of your retinas... especially when looking at a blue light. (like the sky)
When a leukocyte travels through.. it makes a wiggling motion. The link below is v\ery interesting and even has an impression of this phenomenon. "Scheerer's phenomenon"

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/77825
How lyme impacts the eyes - legit sources from Marnie, 2-22-09

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=504579

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Light sensitivity, especially to fluorescent lights, is very common for lyme patients. My computer is in a closet (door off, though) as I cannot bear the light in my apt. during the day. This has many reasons but for most, when the neuroborrelia is properly treated, this improves.

MAGNESIUM and fish oil will help. Dark berries and other anti-oxidants, too.

If you have floaters, although often common, sometimes they can be serious. It might be good to have your eye doctor take a look and instruct you on when this is important and when it's not so much so.

Here, you can see a photo of one sort of floater, although they can also look like a piece of dark link or spots, etc. -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floaters

FLOATERS

===========

http://tinyurl.com/dc9u8c (Through Amazon)

The Eye Care Revolution: Prevent and Reverse Common Vision Problems - by Robert Abel, Jr. M.D.

You can read customer reviews and look inside the book.

==========

http://www.vrp.com/ArticlesCategory.aspx?k=Vision_Sight

32 articles on Vision and Sight

One of those:

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1068&zTYPE=2

Vision: Natural Ways to Maintain Eye Health - By Jim English

Excerpt:

. . .

A number of nutrients have been extensively studied for their ability to treat a wide variety of vision-related conditions by preventing the damage caused by free radical activity and by enhancing the delivery of blood and oxygen to the retina to help repair tissues

. . . .

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement