LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nervous system is going Haywire, Shaking, Very Depressed. Need a lift

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nervous system is going Haywire, Shaking, Very Depressed. Need a lift
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks,

Don't mean to complain, but I've been feeling so bad as of lately.

The Vertigo I started getting a few weeks ago is more constant. Not just dizzy, but also have it in the form of feeling like I'm on a boat.

I can deal with that, but the Nervousness I've been getting seems to be getting worse. I wake up shaking and anxious before I'm even awake. I take a Klonpin 1mg before I go to bed, but it wears off during my sleep, bringing the anxiety and Nervousness into my dreams and having terrible dreams as well.

I wake up so Shaky and Tremulous. The Klonopin is supposed to work for 12 hours, but I'm not even getting 8 hours out of it and take it right away in the morning to combat all of this Nervousness. It does help with the shaking about an hour into the second dose, but I find myself taking 0.25mg of Xanax as needed during the day as the trembling comes back. On top of that I feel so weak and sedated.

I hate to make myself sedated, but I don't know of any other way to control this stuff. Even with the sedation, I can feel the Nervous sensation underneath.

Not sure if it's the east coast rain the past two days, but I've been feeling really depressed as well. Crying spells here and there.

I'm supplementing with Mg, Coq10, B Vit., Vit. D, Probiotics, Vit. C, Fish Oil, etc., but not getting any benefit.

The shaking I get wouldn't be so bad if the Nervous feeling wasn't there. I'm finding that loud noises, physical or emotional stress is making the Nervousness worse.

How do I get out of this ?

Thanks for listening.

Lymetwister

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twister,

Klonopin works for 6 hours max. That may be part of the reason you need the xanax too. My doc had rx'ed 1mg 4x daily of klonopin.

I only take .50 in the A.M. rarely another .50 at bedtime.

Loud noises are bothering me too. Try some ear plugs. Heck, just noise in general is agitating to me. Try to take all measures to minimize sensory stimuli....it will help, although it means isolating yourself...don't know if that is possible for you.

A room with the curtains drawn. Ear plugs and your klonopin. Try to relax and see if it doesn't make you feel somewhat better.

I feel for you,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymetwister:

I'm supplementing with Mg, Coq10, B Vit., Vit. D, Probiotics, Vit. C, Fish Oil, etc., but not getting any benefit.

Which kind of magnesium? How much?

How much fish oil?

I have suggestions, if you'll listen.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

And in addition to Carol's quick notice of the importance of DOSAGE with the essentials, magnesium and fish oil, I hope you are taking some GINGER for the mal de embarquement symptoms. It may take 1500 mg a day or more.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,Lymetwister,
1st we have neurological disorder with many transmitter not working way should as others.

Why 1 reason hardly any off us can withstand outer stimulation. So hard for many of us diff. to drive,stores, places like Big over sized stores,++++.
You probably should be on Xanax or Valium,Librium, ??? To help the shaking,noises, etc. Just a suggestion.
Many of us have these problems to some degree.
I just been up close to 72hrs.
Have so much to do so tired. Yet, sleep is extremely sporadic for myself.
Hard to believe so fatigued unable to sleep.

Hope you can find answer, Know how upsetting to be. Gaba(neurontin)same as Lyrica only generic is under diff. name, diff. fillers to make more $$$ to big Pharma.

Hugggss, To all in Need, Feel you need few.
BTW/You are not going crazy just dealing with 1 of 100 symptoms of Lyme.
If you can defer your brain somewhat try, Give yourself from me & yourself on Back.
None this easy/ No 1 get it but us>>>Sigh

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueCheetah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueCheetah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetwister,

I am sorry you are feeling so badly. I feel a lot of the same things you are describing when I am feeling very bad. The shaking and nervous feeling starts for me when I wake up too.

I know how horrid it is. I am feeling the same thing right now. The anxiety just makes it worse.

I am only taking Xanax for it but it does not do a whole lot when it is bad like this. I wish I knew something that would help this but I have not found anything yet.

I hope this passes for you soon.

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia Microti, possible Bart.

Posts: 173 | From A little south of sanity - PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fran_40
Member # 20176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fran_40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymetwister,

I am not a medical Dr. but I was prescribed

Lexapro 10mg, for the symptoms you are

describing. Also, I am taking .5mg of Klonopin

everyday, this combo has relieved me greatly of

what you are experiencing. I don't like meds but

I have only gotten some relief with this combo. I

know that everyone reacts differently. I hope

you feel better soon. Fran

Posts: 72 | From South Jersey | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetwister !
I never took antidepresant as I did not wanted to mousqurate the symtoms and YES I used to fell from the shower stairs , pass out here and there ...and twitching and have had seisures

WHAT are you treating ..and what are you taking ...seems like you are not touching a CO infection...it is never JUST LYME!!!!!!

Watch out on MAGNESIUM ..I have always relapsed on magnesium and even though most peopel used to say no...LATER DR F came out with the same theory and I have lived proof....it feeds the other bug..and is giving a good hold if you have the FRY bug ..you are feeding it !!!!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long has it been since you tapered SSRIs, their protracted withdrawal is horrendous on the CNS.

I am tapering Paxil, and I swear everyone on the Paxil Progress board has lyme and cos. based on symptoms as well as people reporting reactions to antibiotics

There is a major agitiation to my cns, I didn't even realise I had lyme till I started tapering paxil, I am going off cause the sexual side effects and emotional blunting, but when you have a compromised CNS, going off that stuff does a number on you.

Yeah I take Klonopin too, some days it barely puts a dent in it.

Its all related, its trying to find the right balance between phych meds and lyme meds, cause they all have so many side effects.

But when it flares there is very little that will suppress it

In my case all I have is a 2 positive bart tests and band 41.
I can suppress all my simptoms with high doses of SSRIS and Benzos, but thats like living in a coccoon, I liken it to the movie the matrix, so thats why I try to keep my dosages low and am exploring lyme.

Bactrim drove me up a wall, I felt like I was on Crack, I going to a 2nd LLMD in a few weeks for another opinion and currently just treating symptoms. But this crap in the CNS is bad news, specially when you throw in the side effects of SSRIS and BENZOS.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for an ear.

The symptoms of this disease are so Horrendous, it is unreal. It's a true crime that Medicine doesn't accept the suffering we all go through.

Caroll, I'm taking MagCitrate 100mg 2 x day, Fish Oil Tabs 2000mg 2x day, CoQ10 1 tab/day, Vit. B6 500mg/day, P-5-P 50mg/day. Also doing Epsom Salt Baths daily. I used a full pound last night and soaked for 20 min. as hot as I could take it and it did seem to help. Normally, I just use 1/2 pound.

Also taking milk thistle 250mg/day and Probiotics. And Vit. D 2000mg/day. My Vit. D has been undetectable in the past.

I would try a Lexapro or another SSRI, but they make me very sick, way past the first 2 weeks. Even pediatric dosages of the stuff gives me terrible flu like symptoms, headaches, and seems to worsen my already bad anxiety/nervousness.

I do think that I am Herxing, as it does seem to have let up a little last night and not so bad this morning. All of this I described in the first post just started a not even two weeks ago, but just seemed to get really bad.

I have been told by others that treating this disease is like Pealing an Onion with different layers. I just hope this layer eases up like it is at this moment if not to totally go away soon. Definitely taking a major toll on my body physically and emotionally at this point.

Lymetwister

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement