LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr. R in Missouri being sued

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. R in Missouri being sued
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dr. R who has held lyme conferences where Dr. F speaks and has a clinic where Byron went is being sued.

http://tinyurl.com/qxbumr

Apparently she overdiagnosed a woman who simply had hyperthyroidism. She may lose her medical license.

She way overdiagnosed me with 80 gadzillioin tests and I wish I could get my money back as insurance did not cover most of them.

Hiker53

[ 05-28-2009, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this isn't used by the powers that be to support their take that many positive lyme tests are false positives and so they justify dismissing them.

Anyone know if Byron is any better?

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-

Hiker53,

Did she dx you with lyme? Do you not have lyme? Wondering.

============

This is so very sad.

I think there is far more to this than in this article than meets the eye.

There is no way the ER could have known if someone did not have lyme. Something is very wrong with that, alone.

As I understand from an article in another thread yesterday, these patients did test positive for lyme.

We need more details about this but it sure looks like a sad, sad day. Good luck now finding any doctor who will treat.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-

This goes along with it:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/81665

Topic: multimillion $ verdict for Bowen Lab false positive

------

http://www.kansascity.com/business/story/1215762.html

Two Kansas City couples who were falsely diagnosed with Lyme disease have won verdicts totaling $30 million against the Florida lab that tested their blood.

. . .

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The timing is just perfect don't you think??? [Mad]
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know Dr. R personally but I have heard many good things about her. When I read the list of things in the news story, I thought that everyone should be so fortunate to find a doctor willing to identify and find many of the causes of their illness.

To me, it sounds like a great place to go, to be seen, and to get to the bottom of many issues that plague us.

It boggles my mind that people jump on the bandwagon and are ready to say bad things right away without knowing the facts.

If the powers that be and those that don't want to believe Lyme is their real issue keep doing these sorts of things, we'll all truly be left as our own doctor as no one will see us anymore.

It sounds to me like Kudos are in order to Dr. R for being brave enough to do what it takes to help us.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
hiker,

i look forward to reading this entire post.

could you use the below link http://www.tinyurl.com

so this long link will then go back to NORMAL width vs. super wide it is now? thanks my friend! [Smile]

thanks for alerting us to this! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the article the woman who started the lawsuit went to the doc in February of 2008 and obviously continued seeing the doc if she was still on the prescribed meds in January 2009 when she went to the ER.

I don't know about the rest of you, but hubby has been to many docs and if they were ducks we didn't go back -- or sometimes we went to a 2nd appointment, but it didn't take 11 months to decide the doc had misidagnosed him. And hubby has had probably 25 or 30 ER visits in the last 8 years since he got sick -- can't remember that he ever got a diagnosis from the ER that made any sense.

Personally I don't think I would ever take hubby to this doc because I am just not convinced that highdose IV antibiotics work for everyone or are the only treatment option -- plus for us insurance would not pay for treatment in this clinic.

Regardless, I sincerely hope this case does not become another travesty like the Dr J case (kids LLMD).

I also noticed that the lawsuit mentioned other patients of the clinic who also did not have Lyme disease and were treated similarly to the one who filed the lawsuit. The argument that the clinic diagnoses everyone with lyme is similar to the argument that IGeneX tests are positive for everyone. Most patients going to this clinic most likely already have a diagnosis of Lyme from another doc or I would guess a very high percentage do.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They can't take Dr. R down, they have tried so many times throughout the past.

She and Dr. F are out leading the way with the Lyme Community.

Posts: 458 | From Miss | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This makes me sick. The person in the article does not even know how to spell Lyme disease - so how in the hell does she know she doesn't have it? It appears that she is a spineless person who believes whatever she is told - in this case, what she was told by the ER people. If she would do some of her own darned research, she would know that she was herxing and that she probably DOES have Lyme.

I am grumpy and this article made me sick.

It seems to me that, if the tests are positive for these infections, then it is NOT an "overdiagnosis" - it is a diagnosis. What is an overdiagnosis anyway? That is ridiculous. Is it her fault that the person has a lot of infections? That the Lyme made this person susceptible to more infections than they would like? Or than are medically "acceptable".

It reminds me of when I first got sick and I had been in a 3rd world country. 6 months into me nearly dying I diagnosed myself with Lyme and demanded treatment and I was correct that I had it. However, I also had a positive test for trichinosis that my doctor overlooked. When I saw it and questioned about it, my doctor s aid "oh yeah, that is interesting isn't it? But we won't treat you for it because we already know you have Lyme disease and there is very slim chance of you having two diseases". So they ran another test to confirm that I didn't have trichinosis also - and oddly enough they lost that test, as did they lose the next one, and finally they didn't "lose" one and it came out negative. Many months later.

So, talk about quacks. It is not Dr.s like Dr. R. It is docs like my lovely ID docs that almost let me die back then.

[ 05-29-2009, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: luvdogs ]

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whew, 21 medical disorders were Dxed? The LLMD sounds thorough, but I'm not sure I can buy into that even.

I have no doubt it's a witch hunt though due to other issues happening.

I agree many other non-LLMDs are more than satisfied to let a sick person shrivel up and die a horrid life w/o remorse. On the other hand, it's a sure thing docs do prey on the sick at times to make big bucks.

There's two sides to every story. Ya'll say the person sounds pretty uneducated not to question treatment earier..lol. HOW MANY times have I heard here it takes a year, two years, three years to see improvement? Many are guilty. I truly believe LLMDs probably over-diagnose a lot and it's bothered me from day #1, but in my heart I believe the people that see them truly are ill.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've actually heard some questionable things about her-but i agree with scott that if you go by what the article says-it seems she was doing her job-much better than many other and almost all er docs.

is bells palsy a sx of hyper thyroid???

bells palsy is diagnostic for lyme-no matter what the test results-even the idsa agrees.

er probably wants a pos elisa and cdc pos wb or "she doesn't have lyme"

i do wonder how you would dx fibro without touching someone tho...unless it's changed you had to have tendeness in a number of specific areas. maybe they chnged it tho.

it will be interesting to see what happens.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but some of those Dxes can't be made w/o physically touching someone.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I'm sorry, but some of those Dxes can't be made w/o physically touching someone.
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:

so this long link will then go back to NORMAL width vs. super wide it is now? thanks my friend! [Smile]

Betty, I'm curious - Is your browser window open all the way? I have mine open & I haven't been noticing that problem since they changed the system. It's been splitting the long links into two lines now.

I just realized that you might have it fully open, but be using larger font? Perhaps that could cause it to still be too wide.???

Please let me know if that's the case because if it's still giving you a problem I'll stop taking shortcuts when I'm rushed. [group hug]

I had stopped shrinking links because I thought it had stopped causing problems.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How exactly DOES one find out how many different symptoms/diseases other patients of their doctor have, if not through INSURANCE COMPANIES?

Something about this smells bad, smells REAL[sic] bad!

quote:
diagnosed her as having "21 separate disorders, including Lymes disease (sic), hypercoagulation, disease of the central nervous system, beta strep, chronic bronchitis, chronic sinusitis, leucopenia, chronic fatigue syndrome, systemic candidiasis, insomnia, corticoadrenal insufficiency, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, Raynaud's syndrome, hyperinsulemia, fibromyalgia, urinary tract infection, proteinuria, tremors, general symptoms of memory loss, and nutritional deficiency ... whooping cough, elevated triglycerides, parvovirus, iodine deficiency, vitamin B deficiency, heavy metal and bromide toxicity, Bell's palsy, and other diseases and disorders
1/2 of those Sx , the patient would have to TELL the Dr. they had, many others have more accurate tests.

quote:
on Feb. 20, 2008, HKAKC employees drew more than 40 vials of blood from her
40 vials?!!!! I've never heard of anyone having 40 vials of blood drawn in one visit. Can they even do that?!!! To me this does not sound like someone inclined to be truthful. [shake]

No sir, I don't like it. [shake] It stinks of something.

The ER?!!!! Pul-lease, I had Optic Neuritis diagnosed as a Corneal Abrasion in the ER! What level of experience do the majority of the doctors in the ER have? Does anyone know?

They're going to try and tell us that doctor drew 40 vials of blood on a patient with thyroid symptoms and DIDN'T RULE OUT hyperthyroidism?

Is it possible that supplementation for an IODINE DEFICIENCY may have caused hyperthyroidism?

I'm not buying this for a minute. It's BOGUS! (IMO)

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also curious how Byron is doing. I haven't seen him around these days.
Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

They said he was banned from LN permanently.
yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why was he banned?
Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AliG:

quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:

Betty, I'm curious - Is your browser window open all the way?

I have mine open & I haven't been noticing that problem since they changed the system. It's been splitting the long links into two lines now.

I just realized that you might have it fully open, but be using larger font? Perhaps that could cause it to still be too wide.???

Please let me know if that's the case because if it's still giving you a problem I'll stop taking shortcuts when I'm rushed. [group hug]

I had stopped shrinking links because I thought it had stopped causing problems.

ali,

yes, i have the window fully opened all day for everything.

yes, i use LARGER font size but on cases like this, i use control/ - to decrease the size but when doing that it gets down to like size 8-10 and that is just the text; does NOT show who posted the reply.

it splits link into 2-3 rows but still runs SUPER WIDE...

so yes, it's still a problem for me; my comprehension skills are lost and i can't "toggle" back & forth per line and retain any memory of what is being said.... DARN.

ali, thx for asking and helping severe neuros like me [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

The thing is, with such a long URL, this page takes up the entire width of my computer screen.

A Tiny Url is much easier to read and track when a long URL puts it over the edge. All it takes is one really long URL in one post to really stretch this out for the whole thread.

http://tinyurl.com

-

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally went to see Dr. R in the fall of 2008 and would never ever work with her. She ran tests I asked not to have run as they had already been runa few months earlier. And she took over 25 vials of blood from me.

A friend of mine who went to her clinic and did not get well said she used Bowen to diagnose her. Dr. R does not use Igenex.

She ran no lyme tests or co-infection tests, but said I had bart and lyme (I did have a positive from Igenex on lyme earlier) plus a multitude of other problems which I do not have. She said I was deficient in vitamins--I am not. She said I had vascular problems--I do not. A spect test and a vasculitis test proved her wrong. She said my CD57 was low. It was not.

She wanted a phone consult with me 3 months after the in person consults (her nurse examined me, not Dr. R), but would not give me my test results prior to the phone consult. I like to see the tests and be able to ask questions. I finally had to threaten her with a lawyer to get my test results which ended up being over 20 pages of labs tests that even my neurologist could not interpret from labs that were not FDA approved and the tests were not FDA approved and, so of course, insurance would not pay.

She then cancelled my phone consult. She would not tell me how she breaks the biofilm she claimed I had, so I simply asked patients as they came out of the I.V. room and they all had the same answer--an over the counter product which had ingredients in it that she knew I was allergic to.

She wanted me to sign on to move to KC and do I.V. antibiotics before I even had the lab results, which of course, I would not do. She refuses to do I.V. under the supervision of your own G.P. which would be much cheaper saying she did not have time to consult with them. My old LLMD did that before she quit her practice.

So, I have had personal experience with Dr. R and do not have good impression, while Scott, you have no personal experience with her.

For some she has been a good doctor. I know most of Byron's family was treated there and Byron is doing better. However, he was there at least 9 months and I can't even imagine the price tag. He is doing oral antibiotics and working part time according to his dad on the Healing Well Forum.

I did ask her about Dr. F's mystery bug, since she was calling it and treating it as bartonella and she did admit it was not bartonella, but since he had not made it public yet, she would continue to treat it as bartonella--which I find unethical.

We all have doctors and LLMD's that we like and dislike, so those that have had good experiences with Dr. R should say so, since I am only one person.

I would use the tinycurl, but honestly I do not know how--so sorry.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Hiker,

Would you please shorten your original link by using the Tiny URL?

My computer will not allow reading of your last post. This is the tinyurl for that:

You can just copy this: http://tinyurl.com/pooydd

then take it up to your first post and paste this over the long link.

thanks.

-

bettyg
Unregistered

keebler,

EDITED: WHOOPS; i missed this; you did the work for hiker!!

all she has to do is copy it to her 1st post and DELETE THE LONG ONE! wow, that was some short cut you created keebler!! [Smile] many thanks my friend... xox

i just sent hiker DETAILED step by step instructions to help her correct the problem; so be patient and wait for her to try doing this for 1st time.

she forgot just as we all do on things; this darn lyme has taken so much of our cognitive skills .... it's the pits.

but hiker is trying; she sent me a pm, and i just finished replying to her.... [Smile]

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something is not right here. Guys we all know

thyroid issues goes with Lyme. As well as all the

other hormones. How in the world would so many

tests not reveal Graves to a hormone trained MD?

Or was it simply the turning on of the hormones

flooded her system from the treatment? Facts are

hormones are very hard to control in disease

states. But I believe there is more to this

article than meets the eyes here. Hyperthyroid

treatment is control. If unable, surgery or

radiate. Either costs big bucks. I personally

would chose surgery because of the greater likely

hood of cancer in hyper. Either way it does not

tell you why you have the problem in the first place. No one can.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lyme is a multisystem disease which can produce a lot of conditions you could give a bunch of different names. Add in coinfections and late treatment and you have a real big mess. For instance, my list would be pretty long.

I am very reluctant to judge a doctor by what is written in things like this. As we know, it is likely to be wrong. And patients who complain about a doctor-----we have only one side of the story. It surprises me that the person who started this thread is saying the doctor apparently diagnosed this patient with lyme when she only had hyperthyroidism. Really? We don't know that, and the thyroid is one of the frequent targets of lyme disease.

Candace Anthony, the person who is suing this doctor, says almost none of the patients treated there had lyme disease. WHAT!!! How could this patient know that about other patients? This is a totally stupid thing to say. Has she seen the test results, the symptoms they have. Why would anyone believe a thing she says? She has no medical license, has not seen the patients, has no information, but can diagnose them?????

There have also been situations where the IDSA opposition types have gone looking for gullible or greedy patients to attack lyme doctors. Look at what has happened to Dr. Jones and to another Dr. J. One of the people who sued the latter should have been put in jail for the suspicious death of his wife. Another one wanted money for plastic surgery to "fix" her Bells Palsy, which she said was not lyme caused. Do you really want to believe people like this?

Those who are getting any lyme treatment now need to be careful about believing everything negative they read about a lyme doc. Some, who ought to know better, seem to fall for every false charge that is made. If you do this, what do you expect from the general public, which doesn't have any counterbalancing information?

One of these days there will be no lyme docs, which is exactly what the last 15 years has been about. One lyme book by a former Yale doctor even said this: we are shutting down doctors who don't practice the way the IDSA wants them to.

I don't personally believe in debating this case on a lyme forum. We don't have all the facts and have no reason to believe the truth is being told, since it hardly ever is about lyme treatment and doctors.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the comments hiker has made about this doctor are a violation of the terms of use of lymenet. Please see sticky at the top from Lou B on this subject. I am going to ask him to review this thread.

People who don't like the approach of a doctor are free to go elsewhere. This happens all the time in other areas of medicine.

Lawsuits like this, in my opinion, are baseless and are get-rich-quick schemes. Ticks bite all kinds of people. Some of them are not honest.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lou,

I did not intend for this to be a hot debate. I edited the topic to put in the state rather than the city. The lymenet rules "suggests" you not post details about visits with doctors. It does not say you cannot do so.

My point was a doctor was being sued. Someone who had never seen the doctor defended the doctor and I felt I needed to give my personal experience. I also stated that I was only one person and others may have positive experiences with that doctor.

Sorry if I offended you.

Hiker53

[ 05-28-2009, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

seekhelp
Member # 15067

I see nothing wrong with Hiker53's comments. The user showed reality from their perspective. It's dangerous just to have everyone say, the LLMD treats Lyme so all their viewpoints/treatments are sound.

I have no experience from a patient viewpoint so I can't comment. I just think Dxing 21 different conditions and taking 40+ vials of blood (if true) is a bit out there!

Lou, aren't you Lou B?

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like they spell everything out pretty well on their website including the fact that they do extensive diagnostics at specialty labs that are not all covered by insurance.

The list of items in the article that are given as examples of diagnosis are most often conditions/symptoms that are associated with lyme disease. Insomnia, depression, fibromyalgia etc.. Tremors are a symptom not a diagnosis of a specific condition as are other things on the list.

I am not a patient of hers but I wish all Doctors spelled things out for patients to see as well as she does.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HYPOthyroid often goes along with lyme, not hyper.

Think about WHY the body would slow down metabolism.

Hiker...I get it and agree.

Modern version of the Hippocratic Oath:

"I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required,

***avoiding those twin traps of

overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.***

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty.

Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth,

but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family

and economic stability.

My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help."

Lou, I can't believe you said this (above):

"One of the people who sued the latter should have been put in jail for the suspicious death of his wife."

"Morphine relieves pain by

preventing the release of acetylcholine."

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/674narcotic.html or http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v228/n5267/abs/228176a0.html or http://www.websciences.org/cftemplate/NAPS/archives/indiv.cfm?ID=19991162

So does Bb's toxin !:

"Action of Toxin

The action of botulinum (as well as the toxin from the Lyme
spirochete) is to prevent, through its action as a proteolytic enzyme,
the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine."

http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.med.diseases.lyme/2007-05/msg00136.html

Not a good idea to Rx: Morphine to a suspected lyme patient!!!

(In addition, Morphine depresses respirations.)

If he was indeed lyme-literate, he should have known better, IMO.

Personally, ANY doctor who knowlingly breaks a law and then has the nerve to ask for MORE money from sick patients to support his/her legal defense

has over-stepped his/her "elite status" as a doctor.

Call me an anti-elitist if you will. I believe we are all equal under God and we must ALL ABIDE BY THE LAWS ESTABLISHED TO PROTECT US.

Those LLMDs who claim the worms/parasites must be eliminated FIRST via consuming high levels of Na and vitamin C, maybe ridding the parasites, but

Bb is having a hey-day

and now you will be that doctor's patient for a LONG time...filling his/her pockets.

Bb NEEDS Na for its Na-ATPase and NaCl for
motility.

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=106876

http://jb.asm.org/cgi/reprint/185/2/674.pdf

A lyme literate MD, I'm SURE, knows the above about Bb.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Marnie.

They use it up -

and we need it for every cellular function we have.

God made a fine tuned machine as sweet as a harp.

And in Lyme it sounds like a sour fiddle.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

$#!+ the poisoners are really going for it this month!
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What minerals does Bb NOT want/need a lot of? K, Ca, Mg.

What minerals does it EXPORT/cause to be exported? K, Ca, Mg.

Primer:

There is a "reactivity" to the minerals...which one will react with acids FIRST to make hydrogen - to maintain our pH.

Li, K, Na, Ca, Mg...

Bb wants Na. It does NOT want Ca OR Mg (or K).

It would take a LOT of MgCl to displace NaCl and CaCl, but it CAN be done.

K...tricky..very dangerous. NORMALLY K is INTRACELLULAR, not Na.

NORMALLY Na is on the "outside" i.e., extracellular.

Bb triggers the INFLUX of Na and Ca. But then it exports Ca out.

Li...also very tricky, but can HELP.

Notice I said help, not cure.

There IS another mineral that might work...

It is used to COAT LEDs.

In a jam, we do use other minerals to help out if one is low.

Mn for Mg.

Pyridium.

Al for Mg (both burn very hot and with a white light - to "ignite" the other minerals = fireworks)

But Mg and ONLY Mg is attached to OUR ATP as Mg-ATP.

Adamm...we gain nothing by calling anyone names like "poisoners".

We each may have our own points of view and should be able to discuss them without name-calling.

Yes, we need Na except it is suppose to be OUTSIDE the cells and K is supposed to be INSIDE.

Bb is reversing this.

Abx. ALONE do NOT cure lyme.

NOTE, I said ALONE.

If you want to do abx., okay...but PLEASE note that the Romanian doctors found it took IV doses of abx. AND IV doses of Mg for several weeks to CURE lyme.

AND.

Mg is working on several "levels", but it is an anti-inflammatory.

It looks like we have to tame down inflammation AND hit Bb with abx, or Rife, or infra-red, or HBO.

WHILE pouring in the probiotics because all of the above are going to destroy the health of our bowels...destroying the "good guys" with the "bad".

Looks like doctors either: (1) overtreat or (2) do nothing/not enough

Did they not understand that promise in their oath i.e., "avoiding those twin traps of
overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism" ?

If they really don't know what to do and don't admit it, do they then decide to do everything in the book or do nothing at all?

It appears most doctors prefer to do nothing at all (or very little) UNTIL one has an "accepted" DIFFERENT diagnosis like lupus, MS, ALS, "autoimmune", Alzheimer's, cancer...

THEN they will treat...Rxs, surgeries, etc.

"Wait and see" approach.

[ 05-29-2009, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement