LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ticks and Lyme in the News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ticks and Lyme in the News
abigail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abigail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Owensboro, Kentucky. On the news lately, they have warned about ticks and Lyme disease this summer saying that the ticks are really bad but of course Lyme is rare (?) Anyway, my mom just told me that they were warning about the ticks and Lyme in Sacramento, California on the news too although she couldn't give me any more specifics. I told my mom there will just be a lot more sick people this summer because unless they know somebody with Lyme, they are not scared. What a shame. Not only will more people get sick, their trusted doctors will not know (or at least pretend not to know) how to treat them. I wonder if tons more sick people will help us get treatment. Somehow, I doubt it.

--------------------
Dying is easy. Living is harder.

Posts: 257 | From owensboro kentucky | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
abigall. I'm in West Tennessee and last week in the Nahsville Tennessean there was an article about the quantity of ticks and mosquitos.

We have had so much rain this spring and it makes it hard to keep the grass and fields cut down and we know how much ticks and all love that damp, high grass environment.

My prayer is like yours that the more people who get sick will help us all get the treatment we should be getting.

I honestly have to say I would have never thought I would get a disease like lyme and find out that the protocols and treatments are so varied or validated.

I used to consider myself "not dumb", but really I read all this info to try and help myself and I just don't understand some of it.

I lost both my parents in their late 50's to cancer and I cannot imagine them having to read anything about their treatment while they were so sick. It's unbelievable.

When I read all these posts of sick lyme patients trying to help each other, hanging on long enought to type to help another get through another day I'm amazed, and so very grateful this forum exists.

I have never PM'd someone to ask a specific question who has not answered me offering advice. They truly are a "bridge over troubled waters".

Will 50 or so years from now have it written in medical books how the medical profession could not admit they knew but found it too "compicated" to address. I just don't know.

As I think of it, my parents suffered terribly with cancer treatements that made their lives horrible for a year and a half before they passed.

It is time, now, for a cure for cancer, lyme disease and many others.

This forum is a lifeline for me, when I don't want to tell my family and friends how sick I feel, because I don't want to sound like broken record. Here, I feel sane. Some days, still sick, but at least sane. Thank you all for that.

Prayers and Peace tonight.

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement