LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Morning Anxiety, each and every Morning.... What gives ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morning Anxiety, each and every Morning.... What gives ?
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 8 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stay up as late as I can so my Klonopin 1mg will keep me from the morning anxiety I get every morning.

It doesn't seem to matter though. Even if I take it at 11pm, I still wake up at 7am, all out of sorts, my head feels like things are squirming in the frontal lobe, and my breathing is off a little, and just very very anxious.

I've never had a seizure in my life, but it sure feels like I'm about to have one, although it never has happened. I wonder if this is the aura many feel just before one.

I get up and take another 1mg klonopin, and 20 min. later, I'm settled down.

I can go all day WITHOUT this happening again. I might need a 0.25mg Xanax during the day, but nothing like this crap I get waking up each morning.

What a bummer way to start the day.

Anyone else having this ?

Lymetwister

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erica741
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erica741     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you made any med changes recently?

Have you had your cortisol levels checked? Cortisol level should be highest in the morning and drop throughout the day. If your AM cortisol is unusually high, this could account for your morning anxiety.

Posts: 408 | From California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ramped up the magnesium to 800 mg daily?
Some people can tolerate more.

Ramp the fish oil up to four to six thousand mg daily.

Source Naturals, Ultra-Mag
http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Ultra-Mag-120-Tablets/1415?at=0

OmegaBrite
http://www.omegabrite.com/

Overcome Anxiety
http://www.smart-publications.com/anxiety/calming_balance.php

Omega-3 Fatty Acids
http://www.smart-publications.com/heart_attacks/fish_oils.php

Depression & Anxiety Treatment with Diet
The Links to Magnesium Deficiency
http://www.ctds.info/anxiety_depression.html

Natural Anxiety Cure - Magnesium
http://www.paniccure.remediesforanxiety.net/natural-remedies-anxiety/natural-anxiety-cure-magnesium-part-1

Quote:
The body needs magnesium to produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which powers all your bodily functions and reactions.

A deficiency causes ATP production to fall, and the body forms lactic acid instead.

Excessive levels of lactic acid causes anxiety and irritability symptoms.

The magnesium deficiency also causes signs of stress in the adrenal gland which results in physiological tension in the body.

In severe cases, it may cause hyperventilation, seizures, nervous tension and panic attacks.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this. It was horrible. I used to writh with anxiety soon after I woke up. The only thing that helped was klonopin. I counted the minutes until it kicked in.

It went away after a while. I was diagnosed with babesia and went on mepron/zith. Either that helped or it just moved on with Lyme treatment too. I still need klonopin but nothing like before.

I would try the magnesium as suggested and if you weren't tested for babesia it could be that.

I hope this goes away soon for you.

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the best time to take magnesium?

Morning or night?

Dosage?

Thanks~

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should take magnesium and other supplements away from the antibiotics. I take my abx 8 and 8 so I take the magnesium at lunch and right before bed - like 11.

For dosage I do take around 800 mg. I tend to be constipated and mag makes you go. So be careful if you tend to be the other way. Increase slowly to find what is right for you.

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement