LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone get Trembling or Rattling in the Brain that Resembles a Seizure ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone get Trembling or Rattling in the Brain that Resembles a Seizure ?
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this now for a short while. It sometimes happens as I fall asleep. I am awaken feeling like my head is shaking but inside my head as in my brain.

I am awaken every morning at about 7-8am with this same sensation. I swear it feels like I'm about to have a seizure. Once I'm up and about it seems to fade but during the day it comes and goes in a different form, I guess not as intense.

BTW, I feel this all across the Frontal Lobe of my brain.

I have a call into my Neuro to see what he thinks. I have spoken to one other person who has had this.

Thanks in advance,

LT

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I have dealt with odd trembling in brain for a long time and seizures for over a dozen years - from lyme. That sort of thing you describe will not likely be received well by a neurologist. I had far more intense symptoms and several neurologists just dismissed me, even if seizures hit while I was in their bldg.

Unless your neurologist is very LL and ILADS educated, you may not get proper assessment.

If this is from neuro-exitability, magnesium is the best helper. And FISH OIL.

Can you address this with your LLMD? Are you in need of a osteopathic neck adjustment (gentle cranial-sacral tx, of course, never a quick twist)?

--

I just poured through this article last night. It's very hard on the eyes, so try to enlarge the page and take it in sort spurts.

He describes the very thing you ask about, among lots of other detail:

http://cassia.org/essay.htm

When to Suspect Lyme - by John D. Bleiweiss, M.D.

===================

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PubMed Search:

Hypomagnesemia, seizures - 90 abstracts

Magnesium, seizures - 723 abstracts

Calcium, seizures - 1782 abstracts

Fish oil, seizures - 14 abstracts

===================

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1066&zTYPE=2

Seizures: A Nutritional Approach

Seizures can be attributed to a number of causes including metabolic abnormalities, infections, nutritional deficiencies, or trauma. . . .

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wantabe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wantabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been there- doing that still at times. I call it Jello-brain. LLMD knew what I was talking about even though I felt a bit crazy describing it. [Smile]

Magnesium was increased and helps me, but talk to LLMD first before making changes.

Mine was usually right before, during, and after sleep. Never did figure out if it was because I was so relaxed that I could feel it more or if sleep brought it on. It would wake me during the night at times.

I think I posted about this last year...

Good luck-well wishes,
wantabe

--------------------
Lyme+ dx Dec.07
Currently: Levaquin,Cefdinir,Plaquinil,Fluconazole
Nystatin,B12 meth, nortriptyline
Ambien,Clonazepam,many supplements
Dairy, sugar, gluten free diet
infrared sauna and exercise

Posts: 235 | From Iowa | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

What really odd is when the brain feels like there is an earthquake but it's not happening outside my my ears or brain cells. (Later, I learned that such as experience is a type of seizure but I forget the exact term. For those with inner ear disorders, that sort of "earthquaky" thing can be more disorienting, too.)

Once, when we did have a really bad earthquake at 2 a.m., many of my friends called and said, "now THAT was an earthquake this time!"

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this too. It feels like my brain has "jolted" or "bounced" inside my head. Always when I am falling asleep, sometimes brought on by sound. (like a door shutting, etc.)
Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever had a MRI of your brain done?
It prolly wouldn't be a bad idea.
Its no cure but it will show if you have any lesions.
If you don't ins its prolly cost prohibitive, but if you do its something you should look into.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MRI was clean by Structure, but this tells nothing about functionality.

I'm sure it's the Ketes having their fun wiggling around and intertwining around all of my nerve fibers.

Maybe I need to sleep next to my Rife machine on full blast right up against my head :-). <--Joke

I emailed my Neuro Doc. about this, who believes I have chronic Lyme and waiting to hear back from him.

Again, he is trying to get IVIG approved for me through my insurance.

LT

[ 06-20-2009, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: lymetwister ]

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Gary,

I know you are joking when you say this: "Maybe I need to sleep next to my Rife machine on full blast right up against my head :-).": end quote

Just in case someone reading this does not know: that could be fatal. New people reading this may not know that lyme treatments can only be no more than every 12 days and only for a few minutes. Otherwise, toxic die off can destroy a person's liver and kidneys.

Just for the record, anyone starting rife treatment: be sure to go over the safety guidelines. Rife can be very helpful but there are certain rules of safety.

-=======

As for the sensations, they may not necessarily be lyme itself. It can be a case of the NMDA receptors being over excited (often from the toxic die-off but also due to certain deficiencies or over work and too little rest).

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement