LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best yeast fighter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best yeast fighter
tickalert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickalert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the absolute best I can find? I having a raging infection that is causing horrendous problems.

On V Fend but only until Saturday.

Posts: 911 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobokinite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hobokinite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diflucan but it's hard on the liver.

Progurt has been talked about here - extremely expensive probiotic from Australia. hasn't done much for me as of yet.

Posts: 462 | From Newnan, GA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tick,

First are you taking seriously good quality high strain/high culture refrigerated probiotics? If not, start immediately. The more STRAINS (not live cultures) the better. [Smile]

Attacking yeast isn't just one magic pill, its a series of steps to reduce it. And, it takes a while to get it under control.

You may need a prescription for that temporarily, but it is harsh on the liver. My LLMD recommended in addition to the rest of the herbal supplements to take CANDEX. She said it has enzymes in it that help kill yeast.

Here are a few tips I have posted previously:

Probiotics ALONE will not keep yeast under control, especially if a carb free diet is not maintained. In case you didnt know, sugar FEEDS yeast, big time. YOU NEED TO STARVE THE YEAST!

The best kind of probiotic is the refrigerated kind with high culture / high strain. One good over the counter is Renew Life Ultimate Flora CRITICAL CARE which contains 50 billion live cultures and 8 strains. You can get in your health food store.

Your LLMD may have a good one. Mine sells Iflora PROFESSIONAL by Sedona Labs. It has 20 billion and 16 strains. It is very very good. You should replenish often AWAY from abx and at bed time.

Step 1: DIET (low carb/low sugar/high protein-vegetable diet)

Step 2: Detox to slough off toxins by candida

Step 3: ANTIFUNGALS along with the probiotics can aid in controlling yeast.

Step 4: Oral hygiene-prevents reinfection

Herbal antifungals along with oral hygiene can be very effective if used before yeast gets out of control. Herbals, can be olive leaf, capryilic acid, coconut oil, garlic, pau de arc, grapefruit seed extract or oregano, wormwood, etc.

Several herbs work great in combination with good refrigerated probiotics and a low car diet. Add a little detox in and it accelerates the results.

Combine that with good oral hygiene, (ie brushing tongue every day, rinsing with a strong antiseptic mouthwash for 30 seconds-UH it burns but works.

After brushing, dip your brush in bleach and rinse thoroughly after ever use) and you can hopefully keep yeast under control-Yeast actually starts on the tongue. If you dont disinfect your toothbrush, you can reinfect yourself!!

Detox can be in the form of steam/sauna, warm to hot baths, low impact exercise and/or detox products or methods as tolerated, to get rid of the candida toxins or die off.

There are tons of other additional yeast aid products. To name a few:

CANDCYN, from Professional Wellness(this has a blend of alot of the herbal supplements in it)

CANDEX, candi gone, threelac, cuturelle and kolorex, etc. But they must be taken in unison with all the steps listed above.

With all that being said, some folks need still need prescription antifungals such as nystatin or diflucan in addition to the probiotics, diet and detox -- Especially if they dont totally follow a good regimen.

For vaginal yeast, use a vinegar based douche. It neutralizes the ph down there. There is one called Yeast Guard. Its pretty good.

REMEMBER: If you dont keep your diet in check, its a vicious cycle. [Frown]

Always check in with your doctor. [Smile]

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
V fend is the best from what I hear. Then Diflucan. YOu can also take Nystatin .. do not take the liquid as it contains sugar.

Follow the anti-yeast DIET for best results and buy some high quality probiotics, such as THERAlac. www.theralac.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbyjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbyjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was having the worst problems after quiting

Olive Leaf extract. The light bulb went on and

I restarted it and am totally better!!

--------------------
abbyjo

Posts: 255 | From Southern CA. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, olive leaf extract is good!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement